Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tactics Vs. Diablo!?

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by Strogg, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Strogg

Strogg IncGamers Member

Tactics Vs. Diablo!?

Hey there, just beat Diablo with my Warrior on Normal SP. I haven't done that for a a long time! :smug:

I figure the best strategy for the Warrior is to Infravision before you walk up and then walk up SLOWLY. And draw his minions out one by one while spamming firewalls around the center, but KEEP YOUR DISTANCE until they are all down or at least most of them. Then just walk up and take out the other few (should be less than 5) or just proceed to smash Big D in the face with your sword until he drops. (He didn't even hit me one time)

I found the problem is if you run away he casts this really annoying spell which kind of shoots up lava or something and takes away quite a bit of HP and stunlocks you for a sec.

Which leads me to the following question: What are the best strategies for taking on Big D with a Sorcerer or a Rouge in SP? :dontknow:

2. Lanthanide

Lanthanide IncGamers Member

Re: Tactics Vs. Diablo!?

Armageddon.

When I last played as a Sorc, I thought he'd be pretty tough to kill. Turned out Fireball took him down rather well (had slvl 6 or 7), but I think I turtled my sorc a bit much. If I'd just rushed straight down to D without replaying any levels, it'd be a bit harder.

But, Holy Bolt works on Diablo, and stuns him temporarily. So a sorc can easily take him out just with Holy Bolt - even works on Hell Diff, although it takes a long time there. Diablo is also the only monster in his pen that is affected by HB, so you can fire them off-screen and wait till you activate him and he'll rush out and you can take him on 1 by 1 easily.

Not sure with a Rogue in SP, only ever played that in MP so had good gear by the time I took him on. Obviously with a Rogue you'll probably want to keep your distance, but Holy Bolt can draw him out easily.

3. Strogg

Strogg IncGamers Member

My Sorcerer had no problems just blasting Diabo with Fireballs repeatedly in Normal. He went down quick.

4. Asty

Asty IncGamers Member

well, with all characters there is a sure fire way to take him down cheesy, i mean easy ;). diablo is always standing directly in the middle of his room, and he is the only monster in his room that can be hit by holy bolt. if you line yourself up with the same line of tiles that he is standing on, you can stand a long ways away, like back by cage 3 (the one with the 2 switches) and cast holy bolts into the center of his cage. they will hit him and lure him out to you, allowing you to fight him 1 vs 1, without any of his cage 4 minions laying eyes on you.
    another option is to get a staff of apocalypse and cast it over the walls of cage 4 before its opened. apocalypse staffs can have 8-36 charges. this may a be a particularly useful strategy in hell difficulty as advocates are triple immune.
    Rogues can use the same strategies described above or alternatively keep her distance and fire in a single line (one direction) until she hits a knight, let the knight walk out and kill them as they approach.
    Or, if you are looking for a challenge, do not open diablos cage. cast stone curse a couple times on one of the squares in the corner of his cage, teleport into the corner and have a hellride :)

Diablos spell is called Apocalypse, although it looks different than the one characters can use.

5. Romeo Rogue Julietta

Romeo Rogue Julietta IncGamers Member

It is really epic;):thumbup: