T72's Oskill Sept

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
+1 to Grief for Beardin. And I had fun with dual Dreams with mine. And +1 to Holy Freeze, especially if you are sporting Dreams (unless it's possible to triple stack with a 15 slvl on Holy Shock?). Phoenix shield would add to damage, although ctc Firestorm would slow down fpa for attack. Or maybe dragon armor/shield for kicks? :eek: Either way, Infinity on the Merc makes that character a powerhouse (and probably still would with a Dream helm only) :)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
The Grief Beardin sure sounds like fun. I'll be making 2 Dreams for my Sorc, so the Paladin will be able to use it as well. Sounds really cool. Which helm and shield do people usually make Dream in? I was thinking a circlet type for the helm, since those look the best on Sorcs and defense isn't really important on most characters anyway.

Edit: my current Grief is only so-so, but I was planning to roll another one anyway. The Beardin will be a good reason to do so.

Also, I was wrong with the War Pikes. I actually have a 4os one. It's the Mat Pike that I have difficulty finding. Not sure if the +Amazon skills on those outweigh the loss of damage on the weapon itself though, on a ZealZon.

Last edited:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
The Dragonscale and / or 3 Trang piece solution have been mentioned before. I just think it will be too weak and therefore to tedious. O yes, and I don't have a Dragonscale yet.

If I would find one and if it wouldn't have a level req of 80, I might have tried it. But now, I don't think so.

Anyone cares to let me know which they think is the best base for Dream helm and shield, given that they will be used by other characters than Paladin too?

O yes, after making the Passion War Pike and finishing the Assassin in the Sept yesterday, I couldn't resist taking the Amazon as next character and starting her yesterday evening. I'll add the link to the progress thread when I create it. First I have to finish the write-up for my Assassin.

Southpaw8668

Diabloii.Net Member
The Dragonscale and / or 3 Trang piece solution have been mentioned before. I just think it will be too weak and therefore to tedious. O yes, and I don't have a Dragonscale yet.

If I would find one and if it wouldn't have a level req of 80, I might have tried it. But now, I don't think so.

Anyone cares to let me know which they think is the best base for Dream helm and shield, given that they will be used by other characters than Paladin too?

O yes, after making the Passion War Pike and finishing the Assassin in the Sept yesterday, I couldn't resist taking the Amazon as next character and starting her yesterday evening. I'll add the link to the progress thread when I create it. First I have to finish the write-up for my Assassin.
If you don't have a Tiara or Diadem available I'd say go with a Crown type helm they're the next best to me as far as looks go for three sockets. For the shield I would say a Dragon type because it won't slow you down at all and the Dragon actually has a higher block rate % than the Scutum and it is a lighter shield. Oddly enough the Hyperon slightly betters the Monarch in block rate again at the elite level with a much lower strength requirement. Vaarwel!

Namtar

Diabloii.Net Member
This is a very cool idea for a sept. It's a shame there's not just one more strong damage-dealing oskill. Echoing what's already been said, the Fire Wall from the Trang-Oul's set could technically be used as a primary killer, but it would be tedious. You'd need some secondary skill to deal with unbreakable fire immunities, and that secondary skill would probably be stronger than your primary, which would defeat the whole point of using Fire Wall as your primary.

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd always planned Dream in a Hyperion since its made of metal that just made sense for the Holy Shock aura and the block rate is nice. Same reason I went with Great Helm type for the head gear. I just imagined the spark rushing between the two metal horns.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Did you consider a 2h Vengeance sorc? I really liked mine, you can get 7FPA with a Silver-edged Axe & Faith merc.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes. But I've already built one in the past, that's why I now take a ZealSorc.

The Vengeance Sorc was very fun though. Made mine in an eth bugged Decapitator iirc. Silly Lcs numbers I got with here ...

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Added the link to the Barb and the Sorc in the op. Barb is already finished. Finished the Necro as well.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice progress!

Not even year yet when you started this. Going to hurry for a finish under that or taking your time and enjoying the rest few?

My approach with Zod God sept has been the latter lately :D

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Lately I haven't done anything else but this Sept when playing D2, so I actually feel slow. But yeah, a few fast characters in the Sept, like the Barb and now the Sorc. She is already level 84 and ready to start act 5 Hell, but I haven't gotten around to do a progress report.

I should actually do it more, to take the time to enjoy my characters more. But lack of time isn't helping in that respect. The fact that reading about other characters makes me want to build so many more, and as a consequence having so many plans, isn't helping either. And then there is my 99er Sorc. And PoE getting an expansion in august, which makes me want to pick up that game again and this time finally properly.

The remaining two characters in the Sept won't be finished that fast though. I expect the Druid to be slow, and still need a Ber if I want to turn my Paladin into a Bear. O yes, and we go on holiday in 2 weeks time.