Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

T3h D41Ly Thr34D - Friday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SeDnA, Jun 24, 2005.

1. SeDnA

SeDnA Diabloii.Net Member

T3h D41Ly Thr34D - Friday

It's Friday here. 1.02 PM as I write this.

Feel so much better today, probably because I slept ~14 hours. Just woke up :lol:

Probably gonna do my homework the whole day, school's starting in a few days... Happy d2ing everyone!

2. CrazyChihuahua

CrazyChihuahua Diabloii.Net Member

Wow, 1:02pm there? 1:08am here. Quite a big difference it seems. Sucks that your school starts in a few days (unless you really like school, in which case, have fun :p)

Just got done getting my BS sin into Act 3 in a MP game. 3 more acts to go, and I am home free. Another char that will be no good for solo runs, but as long as they are fun to play, I don't mind.

I am going to play a bit more right now before I go to bed, and then later on today I am going to play whichever one of my chars I feel like I guess.

Happy Friday all!

P.S. Booooo San Antonio (even though you still won).

3. skoolbus

skoolbus Diabloii.Net Member

Any reason for the annoying title font? :p

Sucks that your school is starting, I graduate on saturday :D
    I'm not playing much of d2 right now, now that my rare tourney char became ancient food, I'm waiting for the melee blues tourney to start.

4. ScarsOfTomorrow

ScarsOfTomorrow Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm.. As of now no D2. My computer's doing that one thing where I press " Play Diablo2 " and then, my cursor turns into a spinning disk, and that's it. And no game. =(

5. Rugruth

Rugruth Diabloii.Net Member

Look to what makes you write being sick :p

I'm Glad to hear that you feel better :thumbsup:

I have my wife's computer fixed now, and probably mine will be fixed this afternoon :clap:

As I write this, It's 8:00am here, and about 7 hours of work ahead.

May the drops be with you!

6. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Ahhh the sweet scent of Ladyness
    Sassy just killed diablo so now shes a lady woot!!!!

7. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot Diabloii.Net Member

Gonna try this work from home thing, as my car's in the shop. The poor ol' girl was pretty neglected while I was job-hunting, so she's due for some TLC now that I'm getting a paycheck.

As for D2, hopefully will kill Hell Duriel & make it through the annoying early parts of the Jungle. ATM, i'm cruising along pretty well for a mostly untwinked polebarb (I traded for my merc helm, everything else is self-found), but I'm sure there're tougher times to come.

8. phatbrava

phatbrava Diabloii.Net Member

nice to have you in good shape again SeDnA!

maaaaaaan, it's such a nice feeling when you start building a char and you just can't stop playing it due to the fun it is to play and the awesome power that lies within his/her skills.
    a few days ago, MFing Pindle with my fishy i've found a rare orb: +2 cold skills, +1 blizz, +2 CM, +20% FCR, + some life and mana, req lvl 30
    sweeeeet
    so i said 'wow gotta start a blizz sorc'
    yesterday i did just that. her name is Zima (*some-slavic-language* for 'cold')and within a few hours of playing she has reached the frigid highlands, gaining 40 levels
    She's such a cool and powerful char!
    i was so close to not comming to work today just to play her some more :)...but the weekend is up next...alot of time to play hehe

9. Ana

Ana Diabloii.Net Member

Oh glorious Friday. Still 3 hours of work to go.

We have an official heatwave in the Netherlands now. It's gonna be another 33 degrees (celcius) day.

Got Ana to lvl 68 and am on my way to free Anya. Think she's having a defense problem in the Chrystalline passage though which I'll try to fix tonight.

Enjoy the day everyone!

10. robdylan

robdylan Diabloii.Net Member

What's the weather like there in July? I'm arriving in Amsterdam in about two weeks and have no idea what to pack!

11. Ana

Ana Diabloii.Net Member

That's just our problem. We don't know ourselves either. It changes very fast here. Two weeks ago it was just 13 degrees, now it's 33. So, see the dilemma of the Dutch. Make sure you bring along a warm sweater. And check www.weathernews.com before you leave for Amsterdam.

12. SeDnA

SeDnA Diabloii.Net Member

Yes blizzard sorcs own. Have fun till Hell Ancients, there, you'll have one big problem to solve... Anyway, you still owe me some luck, or you could give me all your sounding GCs :lol: I've been MFing pindle, maybe 50-100 runs per day, from last Saturday, and best find is... AFAIR, a stormshield... Oh man give me some luck! please!

13. Ana

Ana Diabloii.Net Member

*Ana giving all the luck she can spare*. Found about 20 grailies in 2 days (ok,ok, just started one, but who cares? Seem to be kinda lucky atm).

Suppose WOman is okay too?

14. phatbrava

phatbrava Diabloii.Net Member

well heck i ran out of luck too
    i was wondering when was that gonna happen :)
    and no luck was reason 2 (besides reason 1: the rare orb) to start another char hehe

15. Artagas

Artagas Diabloii.Net Member

7h& 7h®&@dz 7!7|& ®0xx0®! 0^^G!

Hrm....where was I? Ah, just wanted to say that it is pretty sunny/warm over here too, but it won't particulary cheer me up due to the fact, that i am more likely than not to spend the entire day in the company of some math books. (6®0vp 7h&0®¥ !z k!||!n6 m&, ;0 !)
    (ok, i really have stopped. dont ban me)

Counter surprisingly i would prefer the company of some blond women, but that would not put me much closer of being done with my term at college i guess. Ah, well. Life kinda is evil, and i end up thinking that AC was a bigger invention than nuclear energy or the wheel itself.

16. Porius

Porius Diabloii.Net Member

Wow. I asked for some luck last night and boy did you guys and gals deliver. I didn't even GET to NM Mephisto and I got an almost perfect Ribcracker (295% ED, everything else perfect), Athena's Wrath, a Sigon's shield (you have no idea how annoyed I've been that I have never found one :rolleyes: ), and a Protector paly shield with 21% to all resists and 4 sockets. Oh, and a SOL rune (Lore here I come) and an Amn (hmm... Strength ethereal Lance, perhaps?). I just hit my Durance 2 waypoint and stopped. I had to get some more space.

I'm actually going to use the Athena's Wrath on my Defiance Merc, as it's way better than the Ethereal Partizan of Vileness that he has now :lol:

So, now you know where it all went!!! The Lord of Hatred and I have an appointment tonight or tomorrow...

Porius

17. water_moon

water_moon Diabloii.Net Member

Try cleaning your CD with rubbing alcohol, sometime sdust and stickie will od that. Also, try compressed air on your CD rom.

@ Porius, good for you!

I wanna play MP w/ goltar tonight, and will if I can drag him away from GW....

18. Porius

Porius Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks water_moon. I was pretty psyched. I wish I was posting from home, so I could put that big stick's stats up.

Ah, well.

Porius

19. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg Diabloii.Net Member

I took FishyII out to rid the sewers of Radament, and while doing so remembered that he, being my furthest hardcore character so far, would have to get some better gear especially for the mercenary and should go and visit Andariel. After a couple of runs I quit, not yet having found anything of interest, I was just too tired. Later on I took Javazon to the sewers as well, and actually all the way to Duriel. She did not run into any problems, but nevertheless I did start putting some points in vitality while she was in Tal Rasha's Tomb, better safe than sorry (okay it's a softcore character, but I would prefer keeping her alive as long as possible). I hadn't done so so far since her life was high enough from equipment. Already earlier, after doing about half of the act, I'd discovered that her cold and fire resistances were negative, something that surprised me greatly, so I swapped some gear, Skin of the Vipermagi and Rhyme in for Duriel's Shell and Wall of the Eyeless. The fight with Duriel was interesting. After the merc died a first time, I went to town to resurrect, and refill health and rejuv potions as far as I had them, and to feed the merc and drink a lot of thawing potions. When rejoining Duriel, I kept the merc as long alive as possible using up all my health and rejuv potions, and then I was hoping he would not hit too hard so I could leach back quickly enough. That worked quite well, except for the fact that the valk at some point decided to make a touristic walk. She luckily joined in just fast enough again or I really would have had to go back to town again, for which there really was no use as long as she did participate in the battle.

Both these characters just switched to a might merc, and still need to level him a bit, FishyII is at level 54 with the merc at 49, and Javazon is at 57 while the merc has caught up to 55. For Javazon I'm already wondering how to get her good resists in hell, I'd really like her to keep using three items which are perfect for her with regards to skills (Thundergod's Vigor, Titan's Revenge and Valkyrie Wing add up to +9 to lightning fury), but the rest is more or less open, unfortunately I don't have an available Ravenfrost (the two I have are in use by other characters).

20. Cormallon

Cormallon Diabloii.Net Member

Friday is almost over now. I played my blizz sorc and I must say she cut through A3, A4 and A5 normal even more easily than my fishy. Just killed Baal and made a short visit into NM, still no prob at all. Blizzard damage is somewhere beyond 2k and nothing can withstand. Looking at the NM area levels I see I'm far in advance... I think I'll run through the first two or maybe even three acts, just doing what is necessary.