t/v guide?

tumpelo

Diabloii.Net Member
t/v guide?

can u give me a link or just tell me what should i do and take for a t/v made for pubs.. i have looked the pala forums but all the stickies seems to be a bit outdated..

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Pravda's VT guide is a good basic setup, I also believe he offers basis for a TV. I gave a decent equip setup in one of the threads in the paladin forum.

rikkitan

Banned
from retrostar and others.........
pub set up:
helm: shako ber
armor: enigma
weapon: grief ba
ammy: highlords
ring: frost &your choice
shield: upped hoz ber
glove:dracs
belt: dungo
boots: gore, tri resist

Skills:(with grief)
Combat skills :
1 into every skill
1+ Holy Shield
20 Smite
20 Fist of the Heavens

Offensive Auras :
1 into every skill -
20 Fanatasicm
1+ Conviction (add 1 point, then put points into it after everything to keep it at level 25 no matter the gear switch)
20 Holy Shock

Deffensive Auras :
optional

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
from retrostar and others.........
pub set up:
helm: shako ber
armor: enigma
weapon: grief ba
ammy: highlords
ring: frost &your choice
shield: upped hoz ber
glove:dracs
belt: dungo
boots: gore, tri resist

Skills:(with grief)
Combat skills :
1 into every skill
1+ Holy Shield
20 Smite
20 Fist of the Heavens

Offensive Auras :
1 into every skill -
20 Fanatasicm
1+ Conviction (add 1 point, then put points into it after everything to keep it at level 25 no matter the gear switch)
20 Holy Shock

Deffensive Auras :
optional
That's pretty much it.

Except equip is ofcourse swapped in different situations. Sometimes Grief PB is better vs opponents with slow (Holy freeze, clegclaw, etc.)

In games infested with casters, I usually go with Spirit ST to teleport with 75%FCR with griffon + arach. I also have a Jeweler's ST of Deflect with 4x Light facet for simply clearing weaker games with just foh. :badteeth:

order

Diabloii.Net Member
20 holy shield is a better investment than 20 in smite in most cases. a split between them both would probably yield the best option.

for helm i would suggest a griffons since were going for a more foh based build with a smite backup.

for me personally i think bloodfist are better glove since they provide 30fhr, life, ias, but if you want some ow and chance to cast lt then go for drac. just make sure you meet the 86fhr bp.

an optimization of foh and holy shock will allow more points into conviction for more -res.

Ce Olba

Banned
20 holy shield is a better investment than 20 in smite in most cases. a split between them both would probably yield the best option.
That is not the case with Grief. Holy Shield only adds a set +damage to Smite, whereas Smite multiplies that +damage by a percentage. With Grief, you already have a huge +damage, so you should rather go for a higher percentage, as it will yield more damage. Kinda like 10*200%>10+5

With an upgraded HoZ, you have the base damage of 46-46, this is with the setup mentioned and a 375 Grief
20 pts in Holy Shield and 1pt in smite yield a damage of 5075.91 with 0 str
20 pts in Smite and 1pt in Holy Shield yield a damage of 5829.165 with 0 str

Now, with as low STR as possible (no points to STR) and as high +str as possible with the mentioned setup, you have 173 STR at lvl 91. Now the damages look like this:

20 pts in Holy Shield and 1pt in Smite yields a damage of 6071.525
20 pts in Smite and 1pt in Holy Shield yields a damage of 6693.3

Here we see that the more +ED% we have, the closer the 20 holy shield setup is to the smite setup.

rikkitan

Banned
That is not the case with Grief. Holy Shield only adds a set +damage to Smite, whereas Smite multiplies that +damage by a percentage. With Grief, you already have a huge +damage, so you should rather go for a higher percentage, as it will yield more damage. Kinda like 10*200%>10+5

With an upgraded HoZ, you have the base damage of 46-46, this is with the setup mentioned and a 375 Grief
20 pts in Holy Shield and 1pt in smite yield a damage of 5075.91 with 0 str
20 pts in Smite and 1pt in Holy Shield yield a damage of 5829.165 with 0 str

Now, with as low STR as possible (no points to STR) and as high +str as possible with the mentioned setup, you have 173 STR at lvl 91. Now the damages look like this:

20 pts in Holy Shield and 1pt in Smite yields a damage of 6071.525
20 pts in Smite and 1pt in Holy Shield yields a damage of 6693.3

Here we see that the more +ED% we have, the closer the 20 holy shield setup is to the smite setup.
I need a nap............Retro you keep promising a guide, your flight to Toronto wasnt as productive as you hoped, how about it?

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
I need a nap............Retro you keep promising a guide, your flight to Toronto wasnt as productive as you hoped, how about it?
haha. i'll get around to it. if you guys don't mind i can easily post a simple straight forward guide by.. friday.

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
haha. i'll get around to it. if you guys don't mind i can easily post a simple straight forward guide by.. friday.
Not unless there are some reasonably thorough strategies in there.

Camden and others advocate Grief PB at all times when coupled with TeleSmite, have you tried that yet?

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
[exile];5000787 said:
Not unless there are some reasonably thorough strategies in there.

Camden and others advocate Grief PB at all times when coupled with TeleSmite, have you tried that yet?
The only reason why you would use PB would probably be without sacrificing for IAS gear or slow.

tumpelo

Diabloii.Net Member
why should i use dracs and hl? wouldnt 20 ias str/dex gloves and maras be better?

edit: i also have to ask about charms.. should i get 9 pcombats or like 5 and rest 20 lifers (+ torch and anni ofc)

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
why should i use dracs and hl? wouldnt 20 ias str/dex gloves and maras be better?

edit: i also have to ask about charms.. should i get 9 pcombats or like 5 and rest 20 lifers (+ torch and anni ofc)
It's really up to you.. I always find life tap useful in pubs but if you duel private and they don't allow it. Those gloves would also work.

If the term BM doesn't apply to your method of dueling, don't replace dracs.

Also you'll need pcombats. Since all/most paladin hybrids need the +skills to optimize both dmg.

Shadax

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm just getting back into diablo2. I want to make a v/t again but when I used to play we didn't have grief. I see the major advantages of the +dmg grief gives but is it still not beneficial to max holyshield if you're making a smite oriented v/t? Whenever I think of a v/t, I think of someone who uses weaker foh with convic to force opponets with max fcr to use some res eq, not someone trying to get higher foh damage at the expense of lower smite dmg. I'm curious to see your new guide retro, when are you putting that out?

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm just getting back into diablo2. I want to make a v/t again but when I used to play we didn't have grief. I see the major advantages of the +dmg grief gives but is it still not beneficial to max holyshield if you're making a smite oriented v/t? Whenever I think of a v/t, I think of someone who uses weaker foh with convic to force opponets with max fcr to use some res eq, not someone trying to get higher foh damage at the expense of lower smite dmg. I'm curious to see your new guide retro, when are you putting that out?
T/V popularity and viablility has been boosted with the release of grief. Since a one pt smite with grief is extremely powerful. Therefore, this allows the remaining points to be invested into FoH. Making T/V a very viable build. Compared to before, where every pt into smite is needed to make smite powerful.

Guide will be done by end of this week I hope.

Shadax

Diabloii.Net Member
I still believe that the whole point to a v/t is to have the most powerful smite you can and just to use a foh as a deterant for chars to have max fcr etc. It's like making a pure smiter but investing the remainder in foh/holy shock and not charge. However, my best v/t build was before grief came out when I used to use a silence phase/eth lac/or asteron's. Even then though, with level 25 convic and a split for maximum foh damage, it was more than enough to beat pretty much any character varient. The only chars that ever gave my v/t a problem were really good marrow bugged bonemancers. Even then, foh was enough to force then down a breakpoint making them prone to telesmite. What happens when the v/t build goes against a pure smiter? Looking forward to the guide, maybe i'm wrong because I haven't played d2 in awhile.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Was that a question? I am kinda confused, if you're asking if V/T vs. T/V. V/T is more suited for 1 v 1 or vs melee because of a stronger smite.

One of the worst opponent for V/T or T/V are probably wind druids. The guide should be done by this week.

tumpelo

Diabloii.Net Member
i hope u could do a list like wich duels are the easiest what are the hardest for v/T maybe give points like from 1 to 5 ore something