Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

T-Gods Lightning Absorb Question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by xROKEx, Feb 16, 2004.

1. xROKEx

xROKEx IncGamers Member

T-Gods Lightning Absorb Question

I am making a Sorc with Baal in mind. Obviously when one thinks Baal, one next thinks Gloams. So keeping in mind the low life of a max-block Sorc, will T-Gods Belt with max resist keep me alive long enough to teleport out of there? And on a side not what is that +20 lightning absorb mean on that belt? It is obviously not 20%, and 20 pts of lightning damage absorb would be next to worthless. So at 85% LR with the 20 (?) absorb also on belt will I make it?

Thanks

2. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

i have heard that t gods can help you NOT get dominated by blacksouls

3. redalert

redalert IncGamers Member

black souls / burning souls / gloams can still kill you even with t-god's unfortunately. T-gods will definitely big a huge help especially if you're a teleporter. I imagine you won't be getting hit much, but when you do, it'll make a huge difference with the help of a few potions in between encounters.

Here are some quotes I've taken from a thread:

Nair: "their lightning attack is double bugged ...

first, all ranged elemental attack now contains their melee phy damage! Yes, ALL.

second, gloam's lightning acts kinda like chain lightning which hit you up to 5 times.

Same as Viper's bonespear (chain bonespear)
    Venom Salamander's Poison Bolt (Chain poison bolt) [you can find then in NM Halls of Vaught"

Armor_Biff: "If I remember it correctly their damage in hell is something like this:

5-190 lightning damage
    186-187 lightning damage (not supposed to be there)
    40-100 physical damage (not supposed to be there)"

--thread: http://forums.rpgforums.net//showthread.php?t=131757&highlight=gloams

4. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

Tgods and 85% light res works fine. I've never had any problems. And yes, tgods take away 20 points of light damage and adds it to your health and is more useful than you think.

5. Death Merchant

Death Merchant IncGamers Member

Don't forget about Blackhorn's Face, unique death mask, it also has lightning absorb.

6. DistortedRiff

DistortedRiff IncGamers Member

It also has PMH and 20% target slowing, not a bad mask

7. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

it helps a lot. my pally with 95% light resists with T-gods on they dont hurt me at all. or it just doesnt seem like it with 2300 life.

8. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

My lvl 86 sorc with decent equip (75res all 73 %block and 800 life) can teleport without Tgods in 4-5 player games. When I equip Tgods she teleports just fine in an 8-player game. A big help with gloams+teleporting as a sorc is to have a merc with max res all and decent life so he can take a few hits too. It's also very important to have a lot of fcr ofcourse, so you wont be hit a lot. Fhr helps you get out sooner, so i have a couple of charms for that.

9. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

My zealot does just fine with maxed resists (85%) and the absorbtion from Wisp Projector and Thundergod's Vigor. I can't remember exactly how bugged the lightning damage for the wisps were but I'm sure the thread where Shade studied it still exists as he reposted it after the forum crash.

*goes to do some searching*

10. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

you most likley have some MDR as well,
    with 85% res mdr and +20 absorb their dmg will be quite managable

untill u meet up with extra strong champ/uniques.. then u might wanna be carefull and not just stand in their volleys .

11. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Very little, 1 point of mdr in my Vampire Gaze, though 1 point equals 5 points against each bolt from the gloams, provided they hit with each part of the bolt.

12. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

i have a zon on west ladder that has tgods, and 85% LR, she only has 400 life, and can sit in hell with gloams pounding her and each one only does about 20 dmg. if you add blackhorns (which i would suggest if you were making her for baal runs) then i dont believe they would hurt at all, and if you get whisp, then thats jus gravy and you have nothin to worry bout ... hope that helps