Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Synergies question...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by s2mega, Apr 5, 2004.

1. s2mega

s2mega IncGamers Member

Synergies question...

Does item-given skill bonuses give synergy bonuses? i was fiddling with my windy druid's equipment, and i noticed that when i took off his helm which gave individual bonuses to hurricane and cyclone armor, the damage as shown from the spellbook for my tornado didn't increase at all... i also noticed that hurricane's synergy from cyclone armor (i think it is) that's supposed to be +x seconds per level does not increase neither...

are the synergy bonuses invisible to the player, or are they somehow not added if they're individual bonuses?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Bonuses to synergy skills aren't considered, no matter if they are bonuses to single skills, whole skill trees or all skills, but bonuses to the primary skill itself are, of course.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

If +skill items boosted synergies, everyone out there would make a tri-elemental sorc and obliterate everything in the game instantly. Immunes would mean nothing and investment of 20 points in a killing skill and one point in some synergies for each tree would result in the most effective and broken build ever.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

there's something which some people refer to as "the marrowwalk bug."

if you get a skill from an item, but have 0 in that skill, the game thinks you have that skills at whatever level the item has it as.

when you get the skill in this manner, it counts as a synergy.

what is really cool is that for all synergies otherwise, 20 is the cap, and only points directly put into the synergy help the skill.

but, for this bug, it will count synergies past 20. thus, the lvl 33 bone prison on marrowwalks is highly valuable, if and only if the necro using them has 0 in that skill.