Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sword frenzy barb

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Geting, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Geting

Geting IncGamers Member

Sword frenzy barb

i´ve been lucky on the swordfindings the last months, and i´m very tempted by a frenzy barb.

So I once again need your wisdom. The swords that i have in mind is The grandfather and Doombringer.

Skills will go something like 20 frenzy, bo, shout, and mastery. 10 in double swing 4-5 in Natural resist, 1 leap attack ande prereqs (obviosly). rest in taunt.

Gearwise, I´m thinking ondals hat, dungo belt, gores/marrowalk/wartraveller/?, souldrainers or draculs, armor ? not sure, duriels, Duress or maybe gloom ? one raven and no idé about ammy. Sadly i don´t have any fancy uniqe ammys, so no Highlords..

As you can probably see, I haven´t thougt at all about ias. how do i calculate this whith two different swords ? No good ideas about sockets either, but i guess they will fill the ias needs.

thanks in advance

2. Black Rat

Black Rat IncGamers Member

Have you thought about grief in a sword? If you have the runes that could be your best bet....

3. Geting

Geting IncGamers Member

Sadly, neither Lo nor Mal. And i´m one Gul short from Death.

4. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

Hi Geting,

Skill point selection looks good, but I'd suggest putting a few points in War Cry. About 5 seems to be sufficient. In addition, you'll probably want to put at least 1 point in Berzerk to deal with the Oblivion Knights casting Iron Maiden.

Personally, I'm planning to max berzerk for it's synergy bonus to Frenzy (+1% magic damage per level) in lieu of a maxed taunt, but I understand that's not appealing to everyone.

As far as the equipment goes...While Doombringer and The Grandfather are impressive swords, they're rather slow in my opinion. Definitely entertain the idea of socketing one (or both) with Shael runes. If my memory serves me, you want to have the faster weapon equipped on your right hand (left weapon slot as you're looking at the screen.) The faster one will be Doombringer, with a base speed of -10 as opposed to the base speed of 5 for The Grandfather.

Finally, be patient. It's easy to get bored while you're waiting Frenzy to build up.

5. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

Oh, and I see jrlafrance is signed on. He made an excellent Frenzy barb, and I'm sure he could be more helpful than I.

6. Geting

Geting IncGamers Member

thanks for the advice,
    yes, especially the Grandfateher is slow, but it´s one item i never thougt i would find, so somehow i will have to find at way to speed it up enough

ah, yes, knew i´d forgotten something, warcry lowers monsters defence right ? and berserk of course, more for pi than im though.

7. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

WarCry damages and stuns enemies. At Nightmare and Hell difficulties the damage is negligible, but you're really putting points in the skill for the stun.
    A few second of stun length doesn't sound like much, but it can really help.

8. Llathias

Llathias Banned

War Cry stuns enemies and does minimal physical dmg, it's Battle Cry that lowers enemy defense and dmg.

I'm surprised noone suggested Oath yet. Well, you said you don't have a Mal, but it's relatively easy to obtain with a bit of Countess running. Make it in an ethereal elite sword and you'll have sick dmg at an incredible speed. Just plan your gear beforehand and make the RW in the highest dmg sword while still reaching your desired speed breakpoint.

For the other pieces of gear, I'd prefer SoE to 'dungo's. While I'm a big fan of Gloom, provided you don't have problems with resists, Duress or Lionheart might be better. I heard very good things about Treachery as well. Boots, Gores; and ammy, decent rare/craft.