Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sword cubing recipie changed?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by spastik303, Jan 30, 2004.

1. spastik303

spastik303 IncGamers Member

Sword cubing recipie changed?

I was surprised recently when a new ladder only item dropped for me, ATHAGAN. (Highest ladder unique I've ever found!....No, I don't play that much anymore, yes, that was exciting for a neo-noob like me.)

I was even more surprised when one evening I put 3 diamonds into my cube to make a flawless one, opened it up and, before I could realize that my Djiin Slayer was in there, hit the transmute button.

"Phwoomp"

Useless ataghan of the crapy mods.

(That Djiin Slayer was so close to being perfect too. The only mod that wasn't perfect was ED, and it was only off by 3-4%, it had 2 sockets and everything.)

I'm not too distraught at this turn of events as my ladder paly (whom I was hanging on to that sword for.) can still kill without a decent weapon. (Using heart carver for now...we'll see how good that is in hell though.) But still it came as something of a slap in the face.

So is it just me, or has the sword cubing recipie changed? I was under the impression it was for chippies only. Or is this some other recipie I was not aware of?

Thanks.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Oooooh dear...

You used 3 Normal Gems at the same time as an item with sockets, which is this recipe:

3 Normal Gems + any Socketed item -> magic, socketed item.

Oopsie...

3. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

That's strange, I have never heard of a unique changing into a magical weapon with any recipe.

The old 3 chippies and sword recipe has been changed to flawless gems now but what you describe is extremely strage.

EDIT: Shade ..... this works on uniques too?!!!

4. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It works on any item that has sockets, whether it's Magic, Rare, Crafted, Set, Unique, or just grey-text... the only condition is that it has to be socketed somehow.

5. spastik303

spastik303 IncGamers Member

Thanks for the answer Shade!

Makes perfect sense now, although that is quite the unlucky fluke. :p

(So it has changed after all, flawless gems now eh? Thanks Spaker_Man)

6. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

You used to be able to do the same thing with the old chippie recipe as it required ANY sword (even cracked) So if you were desperate to find a cryptic sword to cube for a CCSoQ, you could use sazabis :)