Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

switch weapon for summoning/shapeshifting?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by whathappen, Mar 12, 2004.

1. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

switch weapon for summoning/shapeshifting?

This probaby has been asked many times but couldn't find the answer. I have a hybrid WW+summon. I have a low damage weapon and shield that gives me + 3 skills and on my switch I have my main weapon that doesn't give me any + skills. My question: If I cast the summons and shapeshit while using the +3 skills weapon/shield and then switch to my main weapon, will the stats of the summons and my WW stats remain? or do minions/WW automatically loose their +3 stats when I switch?

2. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

this is called prebuffing. yes it will work.

however, i dont remember entirely what mep said, btu something about if you do it with summons, their level gets lowered but they retain the original stats. for a more specific answer, if you do with oak, it will still grant you the same +% life, but its level will be lower and its own life will be lowered as well.

3. whathappen

Oh I see. So the damage from the wolves will be as if they have the +3 skills but their hps will be the same as if they don;t have the +3 skills. What about shapeshifting, does it man that the +3 skills will be retain for Lycantrophy?

4. ~Kazama Fury~

for shapeshifting, you retain lycanthropy, werewolf, werebear because thats when you used it, with the +skills, so switching it back over will reduce its level but you're not shapeshifting again, so it retrains the previous stats. however, obviously constant attacks such as fury, rabies and what not wouldnt work.

for the summons, i am not totally sure, i dont want to direct you into error, so i wont say anything on that. sry.

5. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

it used to take me 10 minutes of charms shifting to get ready for a duel because of this.

6. whathappen

Excellent! Can someone plz confirm abouth the summons?

7. ~Kazama Fury~