Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

sweet, sweet revenge

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by uberjolt, Apr 7, 2004.

1. uberjolt

uberjolt IncGamers Member

sweet, sweet revenge

This guy really scammed me bad, and i found out later from someone that it was actually one of my friends who did it, and he had never admitted it to me. So, one day he asks me to transfer some items, so I thought about it, and decided I knew how to get him back. He goes in a game, drops his gear, and goes to get his other character. As soon as he enters the game, I hotkey to Iron Golem, and completely own all his items right in front of his face. I got an SS and IK armor before he managed to salvage the rest. God I love getting revenge.

2. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

If you had enough time, you should have:
    1. Quickly taken him off the friends list
    2. Turned as many items to golem as possible as soon as he left the first time
    3. Grab whatever you can thats left
    4. Leave and never talk to him again, since he's obviously not a "friend"

3. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Nah, Iron Golem'ing the items right in front of his face is more dramatic. :lol:

Good job, although I personally would've just gotten the items, even if I didn't need them. Had you not needed the items at all, you could've made a free pubby game and give all his stuff away just to piss him off even more.

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

You should have picked everything up, then drop them one by one and iron golem when he tries to get it.

5. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

lol i liek this one teh best..had me chucklin

just evil....

6. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

That works for me too! Remind me NOT to get you mad at me! LOL. This way you could have told him what it was he did to you and how you found out about it ... as you Iron golem'd him.

Trust just seems to be a rare commodity these days, such a shame. I don't drop the really good stuff in front of many people when muling so if something "bad" were to happen at least I would know their true colors. Those I trust, without question, can have whatever I drop and they know it already.

Masa

7. daskidude

daskidude Banned

you should have at least kept some of the good stuff. then iron golem the rest. well, payback is a *****

8. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Actually it would be interesting to hear your definition of the word friend, uberjolt. A person who scams you as he did is not what I would call a friend. I understand that it felt good to get some payback, but I hope for your sake that he's deleted from both the friends list in Diablo II as well as the one in your head. Persons who deceive their friends deserve nothing, not even hate.

9. liquidicem

liquidicem IncGamers Member

I've never played a necro before, what exactly does iron golem do?

10. zoop

zoop IncGamers Member

To make an Iron golem, u need a metal item on the ground to conjure him out of, like a sword or something. He will also take on the attributes of whatever it is that you create him out of.

11. fluff

fluff IncGamers Member

It's probably best to add here that you will never see that item again. :) The Golem will still be there when you exit the game and join another, but when he dies, that's it. Gone.

12. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

I was in a "I Drop You Drop" game before with my old .09 necro (he owned cows, but now he's crap :hanky: ), and had my Iron Golem button ready. So this barb moves farther away from the group, thinks he's so smart, and drops a CCB... which I Iron Golem'd instantly.

He obviously didn't know about that trick, when he asked if he could get it back. Oh well, he took his chances. I still have the golem, too.

13. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

LOL, I'm surprised someone with pick-it didn't steal the item before you could turn it into an iron golem. "I drop You Drop" games always have someone with pick-it in them. Or at least most of the time.

14. c64flash

c64flash IncGamers Member

Iron Golem story #106 :yawn:

Maybe the person that told you was the one that scammed you and not your friend.