Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sweet, Sweet, Hork!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by squigipapa, Mar 16, 2004.

1. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Sweet, Sweet, Hork!

I just had to post the story of my good fortune. :) .. so I've built an IK barb and he's been doing great. I've been doing pit runs with him, mostly for leveling purposes, but every now and then I find something alright. So my entire IK set is 1.10 except the gloves, I woulden't trade for them because there was no way to tell for sure if I would be getting 1.10's, so I'm in the pit tonight, I kill a champ, nothing drops .. so I do my usual, weapon switch, and hork! What should appear on the ground! War Gauntlets Sweet, my 1.10 IK set is now complete.. all thanks to that 1 point wonder, Find Item.. :) So remember kids, always hork the champs.. :)

2. Mercy

Mercy IncGamers Member

Actually i use find item, its lvl 18 lol. Havnt found anything decent at all tho.

3. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I got a shako from horking in 1.09

4. Wargasm

Wargasm IncGamers Member

I've got some pretty cool rares from horking in the pit... lvl 16 Find Item, after all the bonuses on my ww/mf polebarb...

I have got to say, a pair of echoing weapons on switch, and about 250 mf is keeping champ, uniques, and the ever-famous Eldritch/Pindle combo rocking for me... hehe.

5. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Ya, I usually just switch to my echoers when I'm horking normally, however I keep a couple of heart carvers in my stash, and when I know I'll be doing a lot of horking (ex. cow runs) then after my war crys I put my heart carvers on, so I end up getting an extra 2 to find item as opposed to the echoer's .. but like I said most of the time it's just switch to echoers, hork, switch back.. I love it .. it's like killing everything twice..:)

6. PumpShot

PumpShot IncGamers Member

Go hork.... I horked a Jah in cows just after 1.10 came out. I think I used up all my luck though since I haven't gotten anything good since, lol.

7. Wargasm

Wargasm IncGamers Member

Actually, I decided to check if the extra +6 in Find Item from 2 echo'ers is worth the hassles involved in switching between them and babas... So I've been playing around, but I think switching is the way to go... *sigh*

8. Grandar King of Trolls

Grandar King of Trolls IncGamers Member

The +6 will give about 10% chance to find an item. Wouldn't a pair of alibaba's or gull daggers be better? Besides being a royal pain to switch weapons like that, I would imagine if you are looking for magical items (and not eth, socketed, and runes) then it would help. Or maybe you may as well just stick with the echoing swap. Runes and socketed items trade just fine for any magic items you may want. Yeah, I'll probably just stick with my echoers. (Stream of consciousness strikes again)

9. allio

allio IncGamers Member

Most of the stuff my barb found was through horking. Tal's plate, Arkaine's valour, countless Shakos etc. It gets to the point where doing MF runs with other characters feels like a waste of time :p

Toss up between two Ali Babas/Gulls and echoers/Heart Carvers on switch.

10. Wargasm

Wargasm IncGamers Member

Geez, I wish I had you're luck, but I'm only managing about 10-15 runs a day!Assuming I'm not wrapped up with the g/f... heh. ;)

If you ever wanna trade some of the stuff, let me know, man... I'll see what I can find you for equal value... and on the switching, I've tried the babas, and the major reason for switching has been the +6 on the pre-buff warcries, then move to the babas to up the mf... an extra 172% can't hurt, that's for sure.