SUTC3: "The Deuces Wild Twournament"

Rashiminos

Diabloii.Net Member
Doesn't matter. Both players can clear the area, so if the first doesn't kill the Countess, their partner can. Or, if you prefer, you can skip her entirely.

The Rule of Twos does not apply to your merc.
I thought you had specified that the receiving player gets to clear the area (and do whatever quests / re-runs are there). Is that a rule change?

Yes, the rule of twos would apply to mercs as well.

Because of many concerns people have had about time and the amount of switching, the progress required is now an act every TWO weeks. That should give much more flexibility.
Rule change on the mercs?

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
I am just going to pop in to tell about some great moments. Me and Ilshad are playing Ilya the Assassin and Julius the Barbarian.

Super Chests can be really nice!

This is just me goofing around.
(For those not familiar with NH - eating one of these makes you gain a level in that game).

Now for the insane stuff. Until today, there were two normal uniques I had never seen, both are TC3 items. Now Julius did exactly what Cormallon´s character did in the latest SPUMF tourney - found two of the rarest items in the game. And in the same session!

The first was Knell Striker, from a Wraith boss in the Jail. It was actually better than his current weapon at that point, so he started to use it. And I thought to myself: "just one more to go - I wonder how long it will take for me to find it" (remember that I don´t do any runs).

Now, imagine my jaw falling down to the floor when Bone Ash dropped Bane Ash!! :laugh: :jig: :tongue: :flip:
(I turned off /nopickup so you can better see the green pile o´bones)

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
Some thoughts on the first couple WPs:

(1) I hate low level untwinked sorcs.
(2) Archer bosspacks suck
(3) No-rerunning (inspiring full clears) tourneys on time limits are difficult to deal with during the week (though I anticipate being able to meet the act deadline by a wide margin).
(4) $20 on me being the one of us to die (sorry naz)

-CG

ilshad

Diabloii.Net Member
Now for the insane stuff. Until today, there were two normal uniques I had never seen, both are TC3 items. Now Julius did exactly what Cormallon´s character did in the latest SPUMF tourney - found two of the rarest items in the game. And in the same session!

The first was Knell Striker, from a Wraith boss in the Jail. It was actually better than his current weapon at that point, so he started to use it. And I thought to myself: "just one more to go - I wonder how long it will take for me to find it" (remember that I don´t do any runs).

Now, imagine my jaw falling down to the floor when Bone Ash dropped Bane Ash!! (snipped images...see below)
(I turned off /nopickup so you can better see the green pile o´bones)

:shocked: That is just insane! Two never before found uniques both found in one session! Good to see at least one of use is getting some gold to drop!:hide:

O/T - on a side note, when was a 4 image limit implemented on posts? I seemed to have missed this addition...

ilshad

Diabloii.Net Member
"The evil queen has fallen!" Julius has defeated Andy and has been stripped of his gear, inventory and gold and is ready to be sent forth. Just have to wait and see when jiansonz finishes up.

I did manage to find a couple cool items with Julius. up until this last swap I hadn't even seen the first tinge of gold or green. My first green was a set of Cleglaw's Pincers that popped from a casket.

Andy also decided to help out. Her first drop included a nice dagger that will be used quite often in the near future, especially if we happen to get a caster next swap! It also helps soften the blow of the lost merc gear that has to be sent on.

Her next drop wasn't quite as useful as the previous drop, but the unique sash was one that I don't run into very often.

I have to admit, even though we have just played through 1 act, it has been very fun! You get to see first-hand what others do with their characters. I wouldn't mind doing something like this more often!

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought you had specified that the receiving player gets to clear the area (and do whatever quests / re-runs are there). Is that a rule change?
It depends on where the switch occurs ... see the recent clarification post on WPs and who gets to play what.

This only applies to quests in switch-point areas. The Den of Evil, for instance, would need to be completed by the first player. The second player can't go back to it. The second player, then, could rescue Cain... but when the first player gets the character back, if Cain has not been rescued, then Cain is stuck :cool:

Rule change on the mercs?
Whoops... when I went through the rules looking to the answer to that question, I couldn't find anything, so I loosened it up. But MERCS SHOULD FOLLOW THE RULE OF TWO, as the rules state. Thanks, Rash.

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok sorry about the delay, but i sent Doreen on finally. I received Clyde ok. I ended up having to reinstall D2 again to get it to work finally. Should be faster on the next swap

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok sorry about the delay, but i sent Doreen on finally. I received Clyde ok. I ended up having to reinstall D2 again to get it to work finally. Should be faster on the next swap
Since I don't know what you'll see earlier, I'm posting here in addition to the email you sent. You forgot to attach the d2s file, so please try again.

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member
I could of swore i attached it right, but ill resend, and Clyde should be about done too.

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member
I hate to double post, but Clyde has been sent also. I should be quicker for now on getting these sent. I got things straightened out for now on my comp.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Andy also decided to help out. Her first drop included a nice dagger that will be used quite often in the near future, especially if we happen to get a caster next swap! It also helps soften the blow of the lost merc gear that has to be sent on.
Excellent find! :thumbsup:

We can use it with fighters as well. At least I know I can ride behind a merc (and achieve ~99% merc kills) up to late Nightmare.

I thought to myself: what makes it possible to use a Gull? I looked at the AS. Ah, it has a minimum damage of 2.

I don´t think we will 'lose' any merc gear. The characters we receive will have merc gear, and I am more or less counting on them having the same items as the ones we pass on...

Anyway, Ilya the level 21 Assassin and her newly imbued Javelins pulverized Andariel twice. Most interesting find (other than a big Topaz) was a 15% Nagelring, but that was only good for gold since we can´t use it. :tongue:

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
The Wolron-Skunkbelly team has found a couple goodies, but nothing too exciting. Infernal Cap, Arctic Furs, Biggins Bonnet... and I was able to make a stealth armor at lvl 17. But we're still only at Jail 1 or so, so there's lots of time to do before we call act 1 quits.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Tuesday the 16th will be our switch day... but I will give assignments, and you can send them yourselves, as per the revised rules. Much more simple that way.

And remember, everyone: when your team is done with act 1, post in this thread. If we're all done early, we can swap early (no rush, though).

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry if this was covered somewhere - I looked but I didn't see it.

When are we required to cash in quest rewards (assuming we want to)?

As an example, let's use the imbue quest. Returning the malus occurs before the Jail 1 switch point, so do I have to use the quest before swapping at Jail 1? Or can we wait and use it just before the new act char shuffle?

I'd think it's the latter since using the reward doesn't involve any re-running, but I also would have thought that the allowed rerunning could occur any time in the act, so I want to make sure before I do anything.

-CG

DuesNox

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey Rashi, whats the ET on a another char segment? I only ask in case you already sent one but never heard a response from me, just letting you know since I haven't recieved anything since the last char I gave yeah.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
When are we required to cash in quest rewards (assuming we want to)?

-CG
Before you finish the act is fine. But remember, you cannot speak to each other about the characters, so your teammate will have to notice on their own that a reward has not been used, and spend it or save it accordingly. This will especially be important in act 5, with the personalization reward: no discussion allowed.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Clarification on the "no talking" rule:

When you get your new characters for act 2, and the all subsequent acts, you can discuss your character's CURRENT NEEDS for items... otherwise, it'd be impossible to divvy up the gear you and your partner have accumulated. Please try to avoid unnecessary discussion of the builds as much as possible... but I realize some discussion will have to take place at these transitions, in order to split up gear intelligently and fairly.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
skunkbelly (in the revised rules) said:
You MAY NOT speak to your partner about the builds of your characters. It is up to your partner to figure out how to best spend their skill points and stat points.
skunkbelly (a couple posts ago) said:
But remember, you cannot speak to each other about the characters, so your teammate will have to notice on their own that a reward has not been used, and spend it or save it accordingly. This will especially be important in act 5, with the personalization reward: no discussion allowed.

While we're clarifying the no talking rule, the way I originally read the rules was that no talking just applied to the char build (which I think of as skill/stat placement). What I'm now seeing leads me to believe that apart from the equipment divvying that occurs at act splits, should there be no talking at all? Like, can we discuss what equipment we should be trying to save for the next act (where we aren't going to know what chars we'll be playing)? Or which gems are worth saving? Or can we strategize on things like full clears vs running through areas?

-CG

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
All of the things you list are valid for discussion... you just can't talk about the builds. The point is that your partner should have to guess what direction you have planned for the character.