SUTC3: "The Deuces Wild Twournament"

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm really sorry, but there's no way I can find enough time to play in a tourney right now. I'm drowning in school work. Would it be possible to find a replacement for me?

Cius

Diabloii.Net Member
Perhaps it would be best to let my partner and skoolbus's join up then? I will still be available should another person want to drop out/join.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Does this mean that they may be run twice total (once while receiving the quest plus one re-run) or three times total (once while receiving the quest plus two re-runs)?
Twice TOTAL.

Also, do re-runs have to occur immediately? Like, if I want to rerun eldritch, does it have to happen before we swap our chars at arreat plateau, or can we do it whenever (assuming we haven't left A5 yet and that no more than the allowed number of runs occurs)?
You would need to re-run the boss immediately.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
REVISED TEAMS!

Skunkbelly – must start a Paladin named Argus
Wolron – must start an Assassin named Bertha

Sir Lister of Smeg – must start a Barbarian named Clyde
Hoop76 – must start a Sorceress named Doreen

Ron – must start a Druid named Olaf
Kdawg – must start an Amazon named Freda

zenithsmith – must start a Necromancer named Gregor
AlterEgo – must start a Paladin named Horace

jiansonz – must start an Assassin named Ilya
ilshad – must start a Barbarian named Julius

Colorless Green – must start a Sorceress named Karla
Nazdakka – must start a Druid named Lars

Duesnox – must start an Amazon named Mathilda
Rashiminos – must start a Necromancer named Nate

Ron, I apologize for the class change... hopefully you haven't started already.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Isn´t it nice, now we have exactly two characters of each class!

(BTW, I just read the thread title more thoroughly. Nice touch... :grin:)

ron

Diabloii.Net Member
No problems with the class change, I wanted to re-read the rules before I started. I will get going today!

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
[dumb]I don't play HC at all apart from tourneys, I haven't joined a tourney in a couple of years, and I just realized that I neglected to check the little HC box on my tourney char. So, apologies to Nazdakka for having to wait a little longer while I restart the char in HC this time.[/dumb (hopefully)]

-CG

Kdawg

Diabloii.Net Member
Just wanted to bring something up as I just messed up before sending my char. The must spend 2 points at a time for skills. I didn't realize that once you reach a level to allow a new skill you can only put 1 in until you level again, so my char was passed with 1 in a certain skill. Attached was a note stating he must put the next level up skill point into that.

Quick question: Will characters travel in pairs or will they be randomly assigned to a new person which will then be swapped between you and your partner? Thanks.

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member
The way i read it, you couldnt put any skill points into a skill unless you had 2 to invest. Like you would have to wait to put a point into a skill until you get 2 available. Not sure if that was right though.

On a side note im late getting started im going to have to reinstill d2 again i guess. Having an access violation error stopping me from playing 1.11, which is weird since i can play the other versions using the version switcher.

zenithsmith

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah thats the way i read it too, so if you want to use a lvl 6 skill, you have to wait till lvl 7 for example if you have a sorc and want to use frost nova, need to be lvl 7 to be able to put two hard points, then 9, 11, ect..

edit: yeah - one thing to watch tho, is not to use the skill with just one point in it

Last edited:

DuesNox

Diabloii.Net Member
I think he understands that just fine, he made the same mistake that I made as well.

I had two points to spare, so I figured I would spend them in a given skill. So, I attempted to put them both in that one skill. I didn't take in the fact that I was level six and it was a level six skill, which left me with one point. I made sure I spent one right away in that skill next level, and will watch out more closely.

I am pretty sure thats what he did by accident as well, but it is only a guess really.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
No problem on the skill point assignments - just be careful. It's an easy mistake to make. If you do put a point in a skill, then realize you can't add a second free point because of your character level, then simply refrain from using the skill until you level again.

As for the characters for the next act: they will not be swapped in pairs, they will be completely random.

Rashiminos

Diabloii.Net Member
Aside from being a pack rat, Nate didn't have any difficulty clearing Blood Moor, Cold Plains, and their respective dungeons. Blood Raven was even easier than expected on players 8. Probably because I hired a merc. He finished by demonstrating some athleticism by running by every enemy and stash on his way to the switch point.

DuesNox

Diabloii.Net Member
Aside from being a pack rat, Nate didn't have any difficulty clearing Blood Moor, Cold Plains, and their respective dungeons. Blood Raven was even easier than expected on players 8. Probably because I hired a merc. He finished by demonstrating some athleticism by running by every enemy and stash on his way to the switch point.
Did you ever recieve Mathilda(sent it a few days ago) I sent her again in my confirmation mail, let me know if you get her or you don't.

Thanks.

Just opened Nate for the first time and damn... you were a packrat.

Quick question for Skunkbelly: Do we get the marsh WP before killing Countess or after?

Last edited:

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Clyde has been sent on to Hoop. No NDE's so far. I did have the same problem as some others mentioned of not being able to put two points in a level 6 skill. By the time of sending he was okay though.

Does the 2 rule also apply to mercenaries, I assumed it does, but please confirm explicitly.

Rashiminos

Diabloii.Net Member
Did you ever recieve Mathilda(sent it a few days ago) I sent her again in my confirmation mail, let me know if you get her or you don't.

Thanks.

Just opened Nate for the first time and damn... you were a packrat.
Mathilda received, I think I get the pattern.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Quick question for Skunkbelly: Do we get the marsh WP before killing Countess or after?
Doesn't matter. Both players can clear the area, so if the first doesn't kill the Countess, their partner can. Or, if you prefer, you can skip her entirely.

The Rule of Twos does not apply to your merc.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
Doesn't matter. Both players can clear the area, so if the first doesn't kill the Countess, their partner can. Or, if you prefer, you can skip her entirely.

The Rule of Twos does not apply to your merc.

The countess is also one of the few targets eligible for the re-run, so, I would think that both players can kill the countess if they so choose.

@Naz: Sorry again about the delay. You should have Karla later tonight.

-CG