SUTC3: "The Deuces Wild Twournament"

TouchOfInsanity

Diabloii.Net Member
I decided that I'll join after all. I still feel kind of sorry for the person who gets stuck with me. Well, I'm PST which would mean GMT -8 ? Still half asleep.

Code:
NAME			  EMAIL
Skunkbelly               memmers4 AT peoplepc DOT com
Wolron                   wolron AT att DOT net
Sir Lister Of Smeg       lister{dot}smeg{at}gmail{dot}com
Hoop76                   bhoop23  at   Yahoo   dot com
skoolbus                 thinkbig67 at      yahoo   dot com
purplelocust             purple_locust {at} yahoo {dot} com
TouchOf...               lilinsaneguy2000 at yahoo dot com

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Looks like an awesome tourney and i love the Pass It On format, but I'm getting married very shortly and as the wifey to be doesn't appreciate D2, my time to play is going to be cut back a lot so I don't think I can get in on this.

A further clarification though, is the word two in other languages permitted as well like in zweihander?

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
A further clarification though, is the word two in other languages permitted as well like in zweihander?
I'll accept zweihanders, yes. And any other similar case, if there are any, including items with the word "double" in them.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, it might work better with pairs who are in antipodal time zones, as it's not likely that people would send a character and then wait around for it to come back the same day.
I never even thought of that. I believe that would work better, as you'll always have the char during day/night or whenever you play, and once you send it, it should be about the time your partner starts playing.

waflob

Diabloii.Net Member
After much thought, I think I'll have to resisit the urge to join. I know from previous experience that SkunkBelly's tournaments are a ton of fun, but my available play time is a bit erratic of late, so I doubt very much that I'll be able to keep up the steady switching with my partner. Previous tourneys tended to get done in short, but intense bursts, which suited me fine.

Nevertheless, good luck to those playing and I know you'll enjoy it.

DelBoy

Quickdeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Lawdy, Skunkbelly, you've started enrollment for this tournament at a time when there's a zillion other tournaments going on. Even so, I'm tempted to sign up.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I think there just might be too much competition.

Let's give it two more days... if we get up to 10 participants, we'll go for it. Otherwise, we'll wait and try later.

TouchOfInsanity

Diabloii.Net Member
Waiting might be a good idea. 10 people doesn't seem quite enough. That would make only five teams. =/ Then again, we only have 7 at the moment. Perhaps give it a week and see if we can get ~ 14?

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member
This was down to page 5. Im not sure why not many people has wanted to play this yet. Only thing i can think of is that the part about having a partner is throwing them off and i think that would be one thing that makes it fun. Hope we get some more in to join.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
This was down to page 5. Im not sure why not many people has wanted to play this yet. Only thing i can think of is that the part about having a partner is throwing them off and i think that would be one thing that makes it fun. Hope we get some more in to join.
That and there's like a dozen tournaments going on now. BTW, nice Quagmire.

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah i guess there are quite a bit of tournaments going on. Oh well i can wait for a while i guess.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Geez, after all this time, I'd think people would trust the name of Skunkbelly to insure tournament mayhem and fun! Where are the sign-ups? Let's go, people. Or I'll have to introduce my less email-intensive but more cruel back-up idea...

Kdawg

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
NAME			  EMAIL
Skunkbelly               memmers4 AT peoplepc DOT com
Wolron                   wolron AT att DOT net
Sir Lister Of Smeg       lister{dot}smeg{at}gmail{dot}com
Hoop76                   bhoop23  at   Yahoo   dot com
skoolbus                 thinkbig67 at      yahoo   dot com
purplelocust             purple_locust {at} yahoo {dot} com
Kdawg                    squeeky622 {at} yahoo {dot} com
I'm on US. eastern time zone.

I'd definitely wait for more than 10 people. I'd go as far to say wait for 10 pairs.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd join if this happens in the fairly near future, but if it waits for another couple months then we'll see in another couple months.

I'm USA west coast time zone, and there's a good chance that I can go a little ways pretty much every day.

However, I'd like to suggest possibly cutting the swapping down to one swap per act at approximately the halfway point? It looks like the constant swapping was turning a lot of people off, and with the 4-swap method, playing basically daily would be more or less a requirement.

-CG