Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

surviving in hell and killin pindleskin

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by davehsu84, Mar 25, 2004.

1. davehsu84

davehsu84 IncGamers Member

surviving in hell and killin pindleskin

does anyone have any comments of what i should do or get for equipment so i can survive in hell and accomplish and pindleskin run with ease.

I am currently lvl 84 with
    strength = 186
    dexterity= 146
    vitality= 204
    energy= 20

I am using shako/stealskull, lightsabre/dual alibaba, skullders, ik belt, nagel and raven frost rings, chance guards, and boots with mf, and ammy with 7% mana steal and 2% life steal.

For skills i maxed my battle order, whirlwind, and sword mastery.
    That is basically it..please..can someone help me..out..

2. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

I'm certainly no expert on effecient Mf builds but this ammy leaps out at me as a big question. I don't know exactly what to suggest but surely there are better choices you can make here. I'd even use an Eye of Etlich instead of this as it gives +1 skills and more life leech. If you dig around you'll have no trouble finding a +2 barb skills ammy or if MF is paramount then 25% and higher MF ammys are fairly easy to get also.

GB

3. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

Well one thing I could suggest would be something with a little more dmg. The lightsabre is nice but it simply doesn't dish out enough dmg. There are obvious high end swords that everyone wishes they had so I won't even mention them here. One thing that is a nice option is to find a fast 3 socket elite sword and put the Crescent Moon runeword into it. (Shael UM Tir) In a 3 socket collosus blade you'll get around 300 max dmg one handed (maybe a bit more) and at a decent speed. I made one in a cryptic sword and it was great all the way til I was able to make a higher end sword.

Otherwise, if you can trade for a low % grandfather which are going for much less than they used to, then thats not a bad option either.

4. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

It may also help to hire a merc. Act 2 defiance wouldn't be bad, as U could use the defense.

Equipping one is fairly cheap w/ items such as crown of thieves/stealskull, duriels shell, and 2x amn bonehew....He should have decent survivability w/ a setup like that

5. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

spaker, actually, crescent moon would go better into a colossus sword since it gets more damage and still hits the ww breakpoint.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Most has already been said:

Get more leech, e.g. by replacing the amulet. I would suggest a 6% LL Crescent Moon (not to be confused with the runeword)

Get a bigger damage weapon that hits the last WW breakpoint.

Get a Stormshield.

Use Stealskull instead of a shako.

Have some skill ranks in berserk in case Pindle is immune to physicals.

Get an act 2 merc (either the defensive or offensive one from nightmare) and give him Reaper's Toll and e.g. Crown of Thieves or Tals helm.

Start WW a little earlier than you normally do, so even if they charge you, you can leech from them, as WW is uninterruptible. As a side effect, it will make the merc take the lead and suffer most hits :D

7. davehsu84

davehsu84 IncGamers Member

I got the crescent moon rune words...but i cant seem to find a 3 socket collusus blade..is there even such of thing..
    all of them are 6 sockets..

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Look for a cracked one and fix it with the cube recipe. It will have item level 1 thereafter and Larzuk will give it 3 sockets then IIRC.