Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

... surely that could never happen to me!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by whomhead, Mar 21, 2004.

1. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

... surely that could never happen to me!

howdy y'all,
    well, i've got some bad news. i recently upgraded to a new fancy computer that i desperately needed since D2 could barely run on my old system. that's not the bad news though... so i made sure to very carefully transfer all of my D2 saves into a zip disk before upgrading because i was going to put just Windows XP on my old 20GB hard disk and use my new 80GB one for all my games and other programs. Of course to do this I had to format my old HD. so everything was going great and i had loaded D2 and gotten ATMA and everything. Then my sorc hit level 70 and I decided she needed an upgrade in her gear... i go to open my ATMA stash with all of my 1.10 set/uniques... gone. :hanky: i scan my hard drive and check the zip disk and it is really and truly gone. that stash had about 400 items in it, including lots of really nice stuff... Tal's armor, a Guardian Angel with 15 res all/ 15 IAS jewel, 'Ohm' Grandfather, all of Mav's, Naj's and Trang Oul's sets, 3X Harelquin Crest, 2X Stormshield, 2X Lightsaber, the Executioner's Justice, Jade Talon, Marrowalks... and much much more.

anyway, thanks for listening. oh yeah, i just remembered that there was 2X Arkaine's Valor in there as well. :rant:

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Argh... that's nasty. Computers can be evil like that at times... :(

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

wow that sucks. i had to reformt my HDD a few months ago and i lost my original svaes and stashes, but luckily, about a week before, i had made a complete backup of all game saves etcthat i uploaded online (thank you geocities!) so that was safe. but i initally panicked quite a lot.
    reformatting always brings problems.

4. Hozze

Hozze IncGamers Member

What a bummer...

5. Politik

Politik IncGamers Member

I've lost a couple of stashes before too. Never really sure why it happens. I didn't lose any REALLY nice items like you seemed to but I sympathize =(
    I think they disappeared when I had the directory with my stashes open somewhere as well as having it open in ATMA.

6. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

That sucks dude. I hope your characters still have the most importent items on them.

7. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Oh my... that is so sad. :hanky:

Do you need any help with getting some items. I am can spare some items if you need some help recovering?

8. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Let's see, I can replace 2x Lightsabre (1.09), Mav's set (mixed 1.09/1.10), Naj's (Both 1.09 and 1.10, I think), Trang's set (mixed 1.09/1.10), Grandfather (1.10), Jade Talon. Need anything else? Oh yeah, a Tal's armor, I'm sure I have a spare :teeth:

9. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Sorry for your losses. I'm sure that you'll be able to recover fast enough :thumbsup:

10. Kaelin

Kaelin IncGamers Member

Think of it as a new beginning to life! (life==d2)
    You get to do all that fun stuff like kill duriel untweaked :D

Ok that's not fun.
    I'm sure we can help you recover though! I can give you a couple of SS's and other assorted stuff if ya want?

Regards,
    Kaelin

11. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

Whomhead if you send me an e-mail I'll try to replace some of the Items you lost. Between me and RTB I think we can fix you up.

RTB if you want, let me take care of the Lightsaber's and Jade Talons because I have way too many of those Items than I'll ever need. I also have an extra Narrowalks, Shako and stormshield.

Takis (El_Greco)
    [email protected]

12. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

whomhead I am really sorry that this happened to you
    i would be mad and sad at least for two days if that happened to me :rant:
    i can give you a complete Najs set if you need it, altough I am sure your old friends from the forum can and will help you alot more

13. jwilliams152000

jwilliams152000 IncGamers Member

Damn that is horrible! I feel sorry for you and just put up a post of what else u lost after u receive some stuff and i will try to replace also.

edit: I have a Guardian Angel i can give to u and a 15 ias jewel no resist tho if u need post email.

14. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

That really sucks...how lucky that you're part of a group like this that can help you recover...one more reason the SPF rules!! :thumbsup:

15. BubbleTough

BubbleTough IncGamers Member

Shucks whomhead... I would like to offer my services to your "Recover whomheads Lost Itamz" foundation.

I lost my characters once, it was due to the "Family Sibling Deletes Random Files on Your Computer Causing it to Crash" virus ;)

16. WaNg

WaNg IncGamers Member

Awww man, feel really sorry for ya, as I have also tried to lose all my chars...well, that was kinda because of my own sloppiness("Ok, I format the drive...now I have saved all I want right?........NO!!;)"). I can't really give ya any items, as I am just trying to find decent items for myself right now :p.

17. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

wow, that sucks kinda :grrr:

But hey, with the SPF spirit you'll be back on your feet in no time :thumbsup:

robin

18. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

wow guys, this really proves that the SPF is the best forum around! i truly appreciate the (astoundingly) generous offers of items RTB, Takis, nik, and jwilliams! this sort of stuff makes me proud to be a member of the best forum on the net! :worship:

i think i am going to think of this as one of those silver-lining type of things. so i truly appreciate the offers, and the sentiment warms my heart, but i'm just gonna tough it out and find those items again for myself! :bonk: i was getting a little burned out on MFIng, and maybe this will add some of the excitement back to it... now i can actually be excited when i re-find myself a Lightsaber. :D

SPF, you rock! :yep:

19. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Aww, that must suck :(

I could give you some items too but as you said, you want to find them yourself

You will find them again!

:thumbsup:

20. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear about that whomhead,

I lost all of my chars about a month ago and havent really had the time to get one back into nightmare let alone hell. Sucks having to start anew. I wish you the best of luck finding replacements for your losses. may the MF be with you.