Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

superior TC87 areas?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by tarzanell, Apr 25, 2005.

1. tarzanell

tarzanell IncGamers Member

superior TC87 areas?

The other day, I was snooping around on d2data.net, and found that certain TC87 areas yield a higher drop rate for elite items.

As I have been baalrunning like a chicken sanz head lately, and found almost nothing to my desire (he really does drop a whole lot of useless crap 90% of the time), this has intrigued me. For instance, the icy cellar and wsk level 1 hold certain monsters (e.g. death brigadier) that have an incredibly higher chance to drop sacred armours than baal. In turn, the pits were waaaaaaaaay lower on this list than baal as well. Boss drops notwithstanding, this may change everything for me.

So are the pits, although a TC87 area, actually a bit crap for elite searches? Have I missed something entirely here?

thanks doods.

-tarz

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Don't use d2data.net for monster stats and drop calcs, as the Mlvls on that site are wrong.
    The same types of monsters (melee, ranged, caster, ghost) have the same drop chance when the Mlvl is the same, thus the monsters in the area_lvl 85 places have the same chance to drop stuff.

3. tarzanell

tarzanell IncGamers Member

That's a shame. I guess d2data.net should be marked along with the arreat summit as "not updated but unfortunately still around to give false information." Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these Reizarfg hunting nuts who wants to find the secret rune drop area, but I always thought the whole d2data.net thing made sense because it was concordant with the fact that monster drops can vary according to their class, e.g. wraith class yielding greater rune drops.

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

It's got that right, but since it uses the wrong Mlvls, the wrong treasureclasses get shown. It can still be used as a rough estimation, but for correct drop rates you'll have to use ATMA.

5. manfaux

manfaux IncGamers Member

i know this sounds stupid, but i do have a big question:
    when you talk about the pit, which one are you talking about? is it the ones in act 5? Pit of xxx? or it's just called "The Pit'? and where is it?

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The Pit, as in area_lvl85 level, can be found in the Tamoe Highlands.

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

The reason wraith class monsters drop more runes... is that since they normally don't drop weapons and armor? (Seems to me they just drop scrolls, mana potions, gems and runes...)

The Pit is the cave underneath the Tamoe Highlands in Act I

Pit Areas are areas with arealevel 85, these should be referred to as "level 85 areas" to avoid confusion. There are a few in each act, Don't remember every single one, but...

the Pit levels 1 and 2 and The Mausoleum in act I
    the Ancient Tunnels (under the Lost City) in act II
    Sewers level 2 and the temples at the Kurast Causeway in act III
    the River of Flame, and the Chaos Sanctuary in act IV
    the Worldstone Keep (all levels) and the Throne of Destruction in act V.

Those are the ones I remember, there may be an error in act 1, one of the toombs under the Burial Grounds is area lvl 85, and one is not... can't remember which one ;) but you'll find out, or someone who DO remember will post.

8. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Regular monsters are grouped into subclasses of monster, and each subclass has a TC tree.
    "Wraith" monsters have one of the more unusual trees. Most of the others are pretty similar.

Out of every 60 items they drop:
    A melee monster will drop 16 equipment, 2 good, 21 gold, 21 junk
    A caster monster will drop 15 equipment, 2 good, 18 gold, 18 junk, 7 magic
    An archer monster will drop 13 equipment, 2 good, 18 gold, 18 junk, 6 bow, 3 ammo
    A cow will drop 19 equipment, 3 good, 19 gold, 19 junk
    A chest will drop around 14 equipment, 3 good, 21 gold, 21 junk
    A wraith will drop around 8 good and 52 magic

Equipment, gold, bow and ammo are what you think they are. Magic is just scrolls and mana potions. Junk is potions, scrolls, keys and ammo. Good is runes, charms, gems, jewels, rings and amulets.

Your list of level 85 areas is pretty good. It is the Mausoleum, and there is also one of the temples under Upper Kurast (Forgotten Temple).

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Ah, thanks for that list, Thrugg, I've never seen it before... This explains why wraiths drop the way they do, and it also explain the "archers drop more bows" thing. It seems cows would be slightly better for socketables, though of course not the items they can't drop.

Chests actually have a (~?) 3/60 = 1/20 chanse to drop "good" (where most others drop 2/60 = 1/30 "good") which explains why LK chest runs seem to be a very good way of getting runes, gems and charms... It seems so because it IS so :D ...and chests drop 0-4 items each drop, and some chests have several drops... ...drops are vastly improved with more players, and chest's don't get increased HP...

Dang! Learning something, every day...