Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

superior socketed items

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by slam, May 2, 2005.

1. slam

slam IncGamers Member

superior socketed items

If you find a Superior Socketed item, is the Superior mod maintained upon creating a runeword?

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Yes... But be advised - superior items makes for HUGE repair costs. Either get around it somehow (indestructible, self repair mods) or stack up runes to use the repair cube recipes.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Tip: Since the mods from the superior item will be carried over to the runeword, make sure you dont have any "unnecessary" superior-mods if you want to play it cheap ;)
    What I mean with this is that if you have an armor that has increased durability as its only superior mod, you must remember that this single mod will increase the repair costs enormously, to no use, since you normally have time to repair your armor. Damage/def-giving mods do at least serve a purpose :D

The way the addition works is: if you have an armor with +10%def as superior mod, and you have a runeword that gives "+100% enhanced def", you will end up with a total +110%.
    Simple maths.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

....aaand a ED superior armor will have a base defense of max+1 so you'll never find a better non-superior one

5. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

i cant understand how some ppl refuse to use sup runewords cause of high repair

its not hard to get a few ral/ort runes for instant repair...

6. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

It's also not that hard to find gold. It's everywhere.

7. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

i wouldnt refuse, but if I could pick one with 15%dura and one without where both had same def, id go for the cheaper one. thats the point

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Sure it's not hard, but it's annoying.

It's the same with e.g. Grief in a BA versus Grief in a phase blade. My zealot has a Grief BA and it needs repair once per two Baal runs. Therefore I will trade it for a Grief phase blade [email protected] That weapon will deal less damage, but I will never have to repair it.

9. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Is there any difference in repair costs between Sup. Archon and Sup. Dusk?

I will probably make/buy Enigma for my hammerdin, and I was wondering if it makes sense to make one in a Superior armor or not.
    Also which Enigma is better for a hammerdin? Dusk, Archon or some other?

10. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Both are good armors for a hammerdin! Some people prefer Archons some prefer Dusk Shrouds! Dusk Enigmas are though more valuable for PvP characters! It's got lower strength requirements than Archon and that means you can spend more points into vitality! But for PvM both are more than enough!

If you want to be original make Enigma in a wyrmhide armor! :D Palas look sexy in wyrmhides!

Dont forget to use superiors armors that have at least 10% enhance defense! Thats just my opinion!

/Dec