Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Superchest in all acts?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by bassen, May 2, 2008.

1. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

Superchest in all acts?

Hi

A few days ago a new thread started about Superchest in A4. As many know A3 has LK with superchests. I wonder if there are any Superchest in A1,2,5? which are they? Any patterns?

Code:
    A1
    A2
    A3 - Lower Kurast ([URL="http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=494938"]link[/URL])
    A4 - RoF ([URL="http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=655440"]link[/URL])
    A5

2. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

Re: Superchest in all acts?

There's usually a Superchest outside a house in the Blood Moor in Act 1; The Arcane Sanctuary in Act 2 has them at the ends of the fake paths(I think they're supers); and Act 5 has the three hells - Abaddon, Pit of Archeron, and the Infernal Pit. I think they have Superchests in them, but there's only one in each dungeon.

Don't know if anyone's run them or not, or if there's ay patterns to look for.

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Act 1
    - Outdoor areas, in front of or inside houses (the ones where there is usually a bed also)
    - In Crypt, Mausoleum and Tower Cellars, chests in small end rooms (usually the low flat type of chest)
    - In Crypt, Mausoleum and Tower Cellars, chest in North-East-South 3-way junctions

Act 2
    - end rooms in Maggot Lair
    - end platforms in Arcane Sanctuary (the three ends without the Summoner)

Act 3
    - Lower Kurast, The famous houses W and N campfires
    - Upper Kurast and Kurast Bazaar, low houses with long front porch
    - Upper Kurast and Kurast Bazaar, "high" houses with entrance from the E (the ones that may have temple stairs; one type always has a rack + a chest)
    - Chest behind Mephisto

Act 4
    - RoF (like shown)

Act 5
    none that I know of, but there are several sparkly chests

4. Peppe

Peppe IncGamers Member

I believe the tower levels to the countess have the same super chests as the crypt.

5. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

In the quote I have put some "followquestions" =)

Edit: The reason I wanna know is that LK starting to feel so "repeating" I wanna test new areas where there are more SC's (4+) and in hell all runes can drop that I want :rolleyes:

6. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

7. Low Key

Low Key IncGamers Member

These houses also have a pretty interesting pattern in which they spawn the chests. Blood Moor has a chest, Cold Plains doesnt. Stony Field has a chest, while Dark Woods hasnt. Final box is found on Black Marsh, while Tamoe Highlands has none.

So basically every second outdoors area has chest.

8. jiansonz

Sure.

(Ha, I made one "run" in Normal with a retired Guardian, and I scored the 5% chance of rares...) :badteeth:

Now that I think about it, I have only seen this type of house in Upper Kurast.

9. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

Is the chest next to snaptooth shatter (I think that's his name, same looking thing as pindle in one of the ice caves) a superchest as well? I think I've gotten a unique from it before.

10. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

but superchest dont drop uniques IIRC, they drop magical/rares/gold/potions/runes/scrolls/charms/gems but not Unique/set

thx for screenshot =)

11. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Yes and no. This is why I always argue against the phrase "Super Chest".

What you are most likely asking is if its a Special Chest. No, Its a sparkly. The stuff I've seen labels them as Special Chests and Sparkly Chests and calls them both types of Super Chests.

12. Jaago

Jaago IncGamers Member

I'm not sure at all, but I think I've seen some special chests spawning in the Frigid Highlands and maybe other outdoor areas of A5. I did a few quick searches but found none. IIRC they were gold colored with some blue lining. They could be sparkly ones, or even normal chests, though. I can't remember. Or maybe they're just some fabrications of my imagination.

13. Insane Wayne

Insane Wayne IncGamers Member

In the Kurast Sewers, level 1, there is occasionally a map formation that yields a special chest. It's a weird twisty tight path, easily ignored. I've seen variations of this path which lead to a small gold pile, or a rat nest. But only one formation will spawn the special chest, this one, as far as I can tell. I've had this chest explode with items that filled up the screen. Walking this route is a huge hassle, and a certified merc/minion trapper.

The special chests on level 2 of the Sewers are well-known as potential bonanzas. It's worth it for every player because you need to get the Heart anyway.

14. jiansonz

Of course! How embarssing to forget the ones in my favourite area. :tongue:

I take great pleasure in being a master of getting the merc to find their way through here. :azn:

15. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

About the Maggot Lair Urlik writes

So it seems they aren't necessarily special chests. Although later he says the following:
    Btw, what we are looking for are Special chests, not Sparkly chests. Both belong to a group of objects called "Super objects". That reminds me: Has anyone ever tried the sparkly chests? According to Urlik, chances for a sparkly chest to drop a rune Mal+ is roughly 1:3500...but since the calculations on the special chests apparently weren't converted from the programmers, who knows what drop mechanics sparkly chests might show?

Just a thought...

16. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

I know we've found multiple high runs from the same same chest (AT specifically) and the drops didn't match. Its not proof but it appears that they function correctly.

On the other hand, the drops odds still are not bad and, with no runes getting skipped, they may still have reasonable odds of hrs, just not specific hrs (like Ber's from LK).

17. friedbananazzzz

friedbananazzzz IncGamers Member

I have also seen these chests several times, though I don't remember if I got a Super drop from them or not. They are indeed yellow/gold and blue, but I also don't remember if they sparkle or not. I always see them in the Frigid Highlands while searching for the captured Barbs. Not sure about any of the other areas...

I'll have to go check my computer, I think I might have a SS somewhere... :rolleyes:

18. friedbananazzzz

friedbananazzzz IncGamers Member

Okay, found the chest. Not sure if it's worth it to run though... Frigid Highlands on Normal.

Here's the chest

Here's the drop (got the rare drop :grin: )

19. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

What you guys say about the Act I chests is interesting.

I have always been under the impression that there is one chest in every outdoor area, and that one of the chests is randomly selected to be a special chest on every Act I map. The reason I think this is because I used to think that every Blood Moor chest was a special chest, but after testing it, sometimes it spewed items (special chest) and sometimes it dropped like a normal chest.

In conclusion, the best chests test jests about Chess.

20. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Looks sparkly.

Of course its still possible but it needs to be run a number of times (like 100+) to verify that's its a special chest.