Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Super Saturdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

RL: Work this afternoon, I'm on birthday parties, meh. Also, I am just starting an essay on HER2 and its significance in breast cancer, which is interesting but previously covered. I don't mind though because a) It is still interesting, and b) I love essays. Genuinely, I really enjoy essays and think that they are an underused way of learning, especially in science.

D2: I played my new untwined HC single pass character this morning, Nakaya, a frost zealot named after the scientist who made the first artificial snowflake. Currently rocking a +3 holy fire sceptre, which is handy :p

OVG: MWahahaha. Ye. No :/

I am determined that we will get back to daily dailies, although I feel somewhat like it might just be me xD

2. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

Super Sundaily more like it. I like dailies because it means I get to know what everyone's doing :)

RL: Off for the day. Also getting sick, taking Zicam. I don't know if it works or not. I hate being sick. I also found out my ex had a baby.

D2: 1.09 MFing, 1.07 rushing, 1.07 multi instance leveling. Gotta get a guy built for 1.10a.

Kitteh likes this.
  3. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

RL: Chilling, been watching True Detective. Another slow Sunday ahead with plenty of...

D: Untwinked Fury/Rabies druid. There's only one problem that might kill my attempt at lvl99. I'm experiencing A LOT of frame drops, especially when facing a pack of ranged monsters. It's not a Rabies problem, but more when I get closer to the pack of monsters. I've been trying to fiddle around with settings and googling an answer, but no help so far. I've read other people have had issues with low fps, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's an issue with the game itself. Just in case someone knows a work around, I'm on Mac Os Sierra (problems occurred already before upgrading to Sierra) and running 1.14b.

Oh dear god. I just realised, there's 1.14c and 1.14d patches available. Download, update to 1.14d and Shazam, no visible frame drops at least for now. I feel such an idiot. I've been cursing at the game for the past week and a half while playing with my Puppy, fps drop wasn't an issue with Blizzsorc as you rarely stand close to monsters. Such a fool. Glad to play properly again!

OVG: I just realised that a new NHL game is out on PS4. I have every PS3/PS4 NHL game to date so I was surprised that I missed the release. Not that I buy them new anyway, been buying them pre-owned for years, but I guess it's time to get a copy soon. At least to play few games against friends and for collection purpose.

Also, +1 from me for Dailies. They used to be pretty popular back in the day when I was more active here. Always liked them, so I'll probably pop in at least few times a week in them, if not every time (I can also try and open daily threads occasionally).

edit. Oh ffs. The update 1.14d just made it that now it requires slightly larger pack of monsters before the fps drops to below 10. Back to figuring out what to do :(

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    Kitteh likes this.
  4. Kitteh

I must ask, is it eh... yours? :p

Sorry, Neksja, I'm useless for technical stuff!

5. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

That's fine @Kitteh :) I lowered every video setting possible to a minimum and now it's a bit better, only drops visible when the screen is literally full of monsters. Still, can't believe that 2 years old Macbook can't fully run 16 year old game...

Kitteh likes this.
  6. Kitteh

My MacBook is my best investment ever. I don't understand how I coped without one in my first year xD

7. darkstarhub

darkstarhub IncGamers Member

RL: It's been a really hot, long summer, and since I work outside, I am hoping for some relief. I have some stuff around the house that needs to be done, but its not going to happen today!

D2: My recently started untwinked sorc is up to level 25 now making her way through normal Act 3. I am so happy that as of the latest 1.14d patch D2 runs great on my newish machine. The hard part now is trying to not twink this character, and I will probably end up twinking a little in the upper levels just because I have so much stuff on my other computer.

OVG: I was playing Grim Dawn for the last 6+ months, and it is a very good game. Not D2 good, but very well done and definitely biased more towards the single player style of play that I obviously prefer. I tried to play D3 when season 7 started and just couldnt do it. I wont harp on about that though.

8. Kitteh

I wasn't big on D3 myself. Strangely, I never got really into Grim Dawn. It was clearly a very good game though, and if I had time I would go back and play it again. Also, I need more time in the day, I'm already sleep deprived. I suspect that I may be giving up running permanently, that or my career :p

What do you do outside?

9. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

No giving up running I forbid it.

T72on1 and Kitteh like this.
  10. darkstarhub

darkstarhub IncGamers Member

"What do you do outside?"

I work on the railroad tracks and most of the time another guy and myself weld the track together with a thermite process when we have to change a piece of rail. The thermite can exceed 3,000 degrees F when it is reacting and we have to hang around the weld tearing the molds down and grinding it to the proper contour of the rail. Thats why it sucks when its hot outside because we get extremely hot, but the cool weather will be here soon and in the winter its not bad at all. The older I get though, the more I hate summer time haha!

Really I am just glad to still have a decent job because where I live in the US has been hit extremely hard by certain things that are rather controversial. Lets just put it this way: The highest BTU coal in the US comes from where I live and 90% of the coal mines have been shut down in the last 5 years. The railroad typically hauls a large amount of coal, so there you go. Ive been with the company I work for over 11 years now, so I should be alright, but large corporations in the US tend to not worry about the people on the ground and the areas that have built up because of them.

Sorry for +1 CTC Wall of Text

Kitteh likes this.
  11. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Pretty sure duct tape is as strong as a thermite weld, and could save you some time. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

12. Kitteh

Also, ahem, Super Sundaily. Apologies. *hangs head in shame*