Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

super-expensive to make dual elemental hybrid template ifr

Discussion in 'Druid' started by inkanddagger, Feb 7, 2004.

1. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

super-expensive to make dual elemental hybrid template

Nope, this is not a guide. If you have been playing long enough to have all this equipment and are going to PvP you don't need leveling explanations, you don't need me to fill this thing with inputs on the whys and hows, you just want to see what the final thing looks like. Therefore I'm just going to call it a template, direct you to all the other amazing elemental guides for tips, and save my fingers lots of tedious typing time. Thanks Garbad and Fenris!

well, I'll add a few tips here and there, but for the most part you'll get the point.

Note: This template is intended to show the PvP viability of a hybrid druid and to put an end to all of this over-syngergized idiocy running rampant in the realms. (i.e. I'm sick of seeing wind druids).

First is Equipment:

1)Shako with fire facet
    2)Enigma or Chains - take yr pick, I prefer chains for resists, and teleporting is BM in PvP anyways.

3)storm shield with fire facet
    4)verdungos belt (now you have max DR) or arachnid mesh
    5)magefists
    6)Stormtrek boots
    7)2x bul kathos
    8)Heart of the Oak
    9)Maras kaleidescope

10 natural grand charms, an annihilus, and 9 5% faster run walk/20 life small charms.

you'll probobly want two of the grand charms to have the 12% FHR mod.

Stats:

Strength - Enough to wear Storm Shield with enigma or chains
    Dext - Enough for max block at yr current level with SS (200ish at end)
    Vitality - dump all the rest here
    energy - this is the most worthless stat in the game. none.

skill point assignments (calculated to the exact point for maximized damage output):this build assumes you are leveling to lvl 90, as leveling farther than that is very time consuming, boring, etc.

Skills: (base) with +skills and dmg
    lvl 1 firestorm
    lvl 11 moulten boulder
    lvl 1 fissure
    lvl 20 volcano lvl 44 691-696, 1105-1224
    lvl 20 armageddon lvl 44 6762-7502
    lvl 1 arctic blast
    lvl 20 cyclone armor lvl 43 absorbs 1572
    lvl 1 twister
    lvl 20 tornado lvl 43 3008-3162
    lvl 6 hurricane lvl 29 942-1014 lasts 50scs

note: i didn't factor in fire facets on the fire skills damage. multiply by 10 percent... as far as the - goes, I don'[t know how to effectively add the approximate extra damage for that. Geddon will be well over 8k at max though.

note: these can be tweaked to preference, but in my experience armageddon kills fast enough at 5-6k damage or so and you might want to beef tornado damage.

Note that hurricane can be cast and armageddon can be stacked on top of it.

In PvP situations it is best to run from the opponent so that they are directly in your armageddon field, turning around and shooting one or two tornados through them whenever you get far enough ahead.

2. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

god the skills thing looks horrible because the board moved my spaces out of it. crap.

3. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

Also, everyone take the title with a grain of salt - even at lower levels with worse equipment the damage is still quite good (1.5k tornados are not bad at all trust me) and you get super versatility.

4. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Storm, ss, enigma = over dr limit. No need for verdungos.

5. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

this is true. chains has the advantage of resistances and thats all. enigma is greater for 45% faster r/w and the DR.

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

chains also has the dr, you know, the 'ber' in it :D

7. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

that's what i get for trying to write this at 4am while i'm at work.

couple of minor errors in there maybe.

but I am going to stand by the build. I think it's superior in very which way to the single elemental builds. (except a few k of dmg here and there...:D )

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Not really.
    Wind druid vs. Hybrid
    Fire attacks = nothing
    Hurricane = nothing
    By nothing I mean not enough to get through cyclone in less then two years.
    So it comes down to tornado,
    3k nado vs. 5k+ hmm who wins.

9. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

I'd go pure fire, no spirit, nothing but fire.

10. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

nah because my build also has volcanos.

also - when dueling with my 09 elementalist in 1.1 my armageddon at 6k breaks wind druids in half. 2 meteors and their cyclone is gone, 3 and their dead.

11. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

How do you figure.
    6k listed?
    1k pvp
    75 fire resist = 250 dmg a meteor
    cyclone absorbs 2600
    that's 10 hits to kill cyclone, then another 12 to kill a 3k life druid.

12. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

see you're all a buncha damn theorists : / it works in the game, i swear. something to do with armageddon impact damage maybe?

also, the hybrid can put a volcano under the wind druid (because everyone knows wind druids don't do anyhting but stand in one spot and spam tornados) and then spam tornados at him too!

hybrid vs. other classes > pure wind vs. other classes

13. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

also you seem confused about how cyclone works.

6k dmg geddon

1k after pvp penalty

then the cyclone armor has 2k dmg absorb - that's 2 hits from geddon to kill it

THEN resistances factor in.

14. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Alright, I've been suspecting that. Good vs. facets :)
    It's still a lot of hits to kill a druid after cyclone is gone though, and you will be long dead. And that's with no absorb or +max resist.

15. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

see though, the only "advantage" a pure windy has is around 2k tornado damage - and the hybrid can put a nice little volcano under the wind druid to make him run right into the falling meteors, all the while running from spammed 3k tornados. The wind druid has to hope the hybrid gets close, the hybrid doesn't care.

At any rate, I'll admit this - fire druids seem to do better against melee and wind against casters. Being a hybrid means you don't do quite as much damage on either one but you have the advantage of being able to pull from all sides... and with synergies being the way they are now, even the lower amounts of damage are still quite a lot in pvp.

16. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

...I'd go pure fire for the damage, I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with your build (or that anyone should go pure fire for that matter). I was just saying what I plan to do if I ever make an elemental druid again

17. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

yeah i can understand that - fire gets much higher dmaages than wind, but has no spammable skills, and doesnt have the advantage of cyclone.

my build is of course focused around armageddon, but it could just as easily focus on one of the other fire skills plus a spammable skill. Armageddon/volcano/tornado just seemed obvious to me (maybe because it was my 09 build and I fell like i HAVE to eb a jack of all trades?)

18. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Wind is better vs casters because of cyclone, and you're forgetting enigma.
    A weak volcano will not be doing enough damage.
    And melee, eh, not really, they will just absorb fire. Tossing a few 6k wws at them may make them stop and think.

19. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

a side note - if you build exactly like i wrote it armageddon will do 8253 dmg (fire facets)

and a 2k volcano isn't really all that weak...

20. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Volcano damage rate is highly underrated. Look at the post I made in the wind guide where I answered a few questions that arose for hybrids and you'll see the damage is very decent.

Mara's + BulKathos... I would go for a decent casting speed instead and use rare rings/amulet if needed. Elemental charms are expensive nowadays, at least the ones with good mods. I only use 6 grand charms and no annihilus, but make up my fhr, faster run, resistance, mana and life bonuses up with the remaining slots. It's a bit of charm juggling to get it right to the details, but overall I think it is better to be low on cost and high on durability, rather than going for extreme +skills and trading for expensive dualmod charms. If you have them already though, then it's no problem.

Fire facets... I would socket with other things you really need first, then if you have slots left the fire facets become interesting.

My build is also a left over from 1.09, so I know the dilemmas on which skills to pick.
    I would choose fissure over molten boulder because it will lengthen your armageddon time and increase your volcano fire damage. Your fire skills will become more potent by a choice like that. Fissure will also become usable and is a nice backup to volcano. It sparks quite fast and will do better area damage than volcano. It can be cast in front of parallel moving targets and those opponents that you cannot namelock very well with volcano.
    The physical damage of volcano will not be very high in any case and you may be better off relying on your tornados instead. If you want to save some points you can keep cyclone armor at level 10 to 15 too, but your tornado damage will be lower. I manage very well with only 1200 tornado damage so overall I wouldn't worry about that.
    I advise at least 1 point into oak sage because it can be used as a lightning rod for shift-FoH, guided arrow, thunderstorm, bonespirits and blocking other projectiles. It cannot be leeched from, it is easily recasted and the effects are almost immediate, so you it is definately worth it to put 1 skillpoint in. Only be careful with Rabies druids.