sup Armor big Mistake

safetypro

Diabloii.Net Member
sup Armor big Mistake

My latest build called for Duress Armor. Since it was for a high str Druid I thought I'd use heavier armor for the extra defense. I chose a nice 12% sup Boneweave (for the low level requirement) and got a rotten roll (low side ED and plus damage). So what the heck, it was still 13xx defense and would help my Druid. I put it on and within a few levels I realized that my repair costs were going through the roof. Generally, I pick up an armor, maybe a nec wand or a sorc orb as I know they are high sell value to the vendors. But even after selling my armors, wands and orbs, I was going into deficit. My gold was disappearing in chunks 44,000 gold coins here and **,000 gold coins there. Just a couple more levels and I'll be able to switch out the sup Boneweave Duress for a higher level req armor. That is unless I go broke and have to declare bankruptcy before then.:shocked:

safetypro

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
1. Build a goldfind Barb
2. Spend 3 minutes killing Hell Travincal Council
3. Grab your 1M gold :grin:

More handy, IntelligentX's suggestion is probably what you need. Here's the Horadric formula involved :

1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and Recharged Armor
You cannot repair ethereal armor. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.

safetypro

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the info guys. It is my hope that my experience will cause other people to think twice about making runewords in superior armor. I know that many players trade high value for superior sockettable items.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
For pvm, there really isn't much use for superior items, but in PvP, some try to get the highest stats possible, which means that extra defense or damage.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Those who use runes to repair (not temper) items should be skewered and stoked over the Rogue Encampment bonfire for all to smell.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Those who use runes to repair (not temper) items should be skewered and stoked over the Rogue Encampment bonfire for all to smell.
Or not. Sometimes things are just too expensive - I've seen armors so expensive to repair that not even a level 99 with max gold could fully repair them.

PeeZed

Diabloii.Net Member
1. Build a goldfind Barb
2. Spend 3 minutes killing Hell Travincal Council
3. Grab your 1M gold :grin:

More handy, IntelligentX's suggestion is probably what you need. Here's the Horadric formula involved :

1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and Recharged Armor
You cannot repair ethereal armor. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.
Just adapted my barb to GF for exactly this reason but he aint making 1 Million gold, how much GF have you?

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think GF is all that useful - it's nice to back you up, but my main source of money has always been picking stuff up, particularly exceptional and elite armour.

pliu

Banned
I don't think GF is all that useful - it's nice to back you up, but my main source of money has always been picking stuff up, particularly exceptional and elite armour.
that what I do. Open the cows level , kill all the cows like crazy. In and out the TPs or red Portal untill I sold all the 35,000 pieces of items in the ground. :laughing:

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Dondrei said:
A dedicated GFer can outpace a char selling random stuff of the ground. The Councils are very generous when you kill/hork them.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
A dedicated GFer can outpace a char selling random stuff of the ground. The Councils are very generous when you kill/hork them.
Maybe, particularly if you're a barb, but it's pretty boring and you can grab armour while doing other things.

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the info guys. It is my hope that my experience will cause other people to think twice about making runewords in superior armor. I know that many players trade high value for superior sockettable items.
If you can afford making runewords in superior armors, that should means you somehow have enough wealth to get yourself a ral rune for repair, isn't it?