Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sunday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by steelsixtyIV, Jun 5, 2005.

1. steelsixtyIV

steelsixtyIV IncGamers Member

Sunday

Hi ho daily posters, I played a little with my 7 x 99 Necro and Zon. Sunday is pretty low key for me and I should get some more playtime to finish up Act I and II respectively.

2. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

Just got my telsadin to act 2 (norm) and lvl 20. Now i guess i gotta lvl my merc a bit (he's lvl 9 yikes)

But i'm too tired for that now. Have a nice sunday everyone.

3. SkaMan

SkaMan IncGamers Member

If you're saying "he" I'm guessing it's an act 2 merc - It would be easier to just rehire him at lvl 12-13 :)

I'm just working today, and more moving house. Today's diablo target will be to get my frosty to his hell hf! He's currently at lower kurast and doing awesome on /players 5.

~Ska

EDIT - I like your 'tar Johney :thumbsup:

4. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I'm gonna try to move some of my chars to Pat/Mat status tonight.

I have, like, 6-7 chars sitting in Hell at various stages ... not because they can't finish Hell ... but because once I get to act1 Hell Pits I tend to stay there farming items and XP. Kinda stupid I know.

So, when I think about it, I have quite a few Hellforges waiting for me. Too bad Hell HF doesn't drop Bers. :uhhuh:

... or maybe i'll just kill Pindle over and over and over again with my Fishy loaded up with MF and hope for a Death's Web/Windforce/Grailie.

5. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

We have guests today, I won't play that much. My fishy killed NM Baal (got an Isenhart's Parry from him :D ) and is now on his way towards the Pit where he'll do MF runs for a while I guess. I need another Mara's and a Harley to do that efficiently though... but eventually he'll get that there.

6. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

Planned to go the lab tot ake some measurements on the system, but my lab-partner was worried about me running into the instructor a couple of weeks after finishing the experiment so postponed it until tomorrow. Took FishyII a bit further instead, he rescued Anya and on the way found not one but two two socket helms, chose the crown over the circlet and gave him Lore, I also found a shael and an eth rune, as soon as I find a suitable shield I'll give him Rhyme as well, presuming he doesn't die beforehand. Since I found a two socket pike, the mercenary will get an upgrade as well if I'll find an amn.

On a side note, I do remember there were some issues with gambling, some items not being able to get exceptional or elite versions, is this bug still present (or was it introduced in) 1.10, or has it been removed? If it has not been removed, to which items does this apply?

7. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

i have started too many d2 projects lately (bear dr00d, thunder 'sin, hammerdin, tesladin, 'zerker...), and i can never decide which one to work with, so i always just end up mf-ing, like this morning :p ah, well. it is fun after all.
    i might switch back to mephisto from Pindle. Not like Pindle hasn't been treating me well, but i have some painful low-mid tc holes in my grail. (Like I have Tal Rasha's armour, and amulet, but i don't have the belt. Shaftshop is another very painful hole.)

8. Cassandra

Cassandra IncGamers Member

With everybody else playing a fishymancer at the moment, I decided to take a break from my MET character and play with my own fishymancer for a change. He had been sitting in the normal WSK for ages, but I took him all the way to the outer cloister (NM) last night. I found a couple of green exceptionals that I don't have (not surprising since I have next to no exceptional greens or golds :rolleyes: ). I had hoped for an interesting rune from the countess, but all she dropped was a single Eld (on p1) :mad: . This was the third or fourth time in a row that one of my characters got just one rune out of her, and except for the winddruid (he got a Ral in normal) all I got were El and Eld :rolleyes: .

9. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

Finally got my LF zon up to pindle. Piece of cake on p1. What is the recommended player setting for him (can't remember) and how much MF is min? He hated me when I ran him before my break, so don't expect much from him now either.
    My laptop seems to overheat every 30 min now, so will have to dust off the old retired desktop and play there.
    Speaking of that...off to do it and then pick on pindle a lot more :)

Moar

10. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I run him at /p8 with my LF zon. The drops don't change, but the exp is much better, and it only takes a few extra seconds. LF pwns Pindle. If he's LI I just switch over to my gimmershreds and take him down.

- Noodle

11. MFMOFO

MFMOFO Banned

I forgot my cd at my friends house...
    I wanna plaaay!!! :(

12. Amidala

Amidala IncGamers Member

started a bonemage today, (porius guide) got him to lvl 9 now, (stony field)
    had a little trouble with Blood Raven, she just wouldnt die... ;)
    but got her eventually :) thinking about taking a break... but i just cant let myself stop playing ;)

13. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Pindle always drops two items so it doesn't matter for him whether p1 or p8. What matters is your MF %.

However, having a higher players setting makes a large difference from Pindle's Minions and the Prowling Dead in his garden - both in XP and in drops.

If you only want Pindle's drops and/or have a char that can clear on p1 - p3 but not up to p8 then stick with the lower settings. As high as possible without being dangerous or slowing you down.

I run Pindle with my Fishy on p1 to p3 or so. P3 maybe adding another 15 seconds or so.

If you have an LF zon like Noodle then p8 all the way as long as it's safe for you. Max XP and drops, might as well. Those Prowling Dead guys can be very profitable once in awhile.

14. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

Thx for the advice!

I settled on p5 with about 300 MF. Didn't help though, pindle still hates me :(

Decided to Mat her first now and then try to get more MF on her.
    Ancients are next on the program...p1 though...I hate dying :)

Moar

15. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

When i got him he was the only def merc there, and I'm too lazy to rehire, but he's at lvl 12 now anyway so no biggy. (also got cube this morning)

16. Ana

Ana IncGamers Member

Finally gotten around to playing more than an hour today, pfoei.

Ana is a lvl 40 sorc now (12 lvls in one day) and on her way to cross the Arreat Plateau.

17. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

FishyII will henceforth be known as Destroyer FishyII (my first destroyer).

After finishing of Nihlatak, whose corpse explosion didn't seem to do much damage, he continued to the Ancients, whom were quickly disposed off, courtesy of the army of darkness, after that, it was just running further until getting to Baal's throne room. None of the packs posed any serious difficulty, although I had to raise some new skellies and mages every now and then (aka more than once), when Lister's last minion bited the dust, it was on to the World Stone Chamber. Baal tried to distract part of the army with a tentacle, but it seemed a halfhearted effort, as if he knew he was about to die. He hardly managed to do anything against the army at all, continuous decrepify and slow by the clay golem were of course having their influence here, and in a couple of minutes, with nothing lost but two mana potions (the army counted no casualties), he was down, and down as well came Tyrael to congratulate.

Baal dropped Arcanna's Head and the Arctic Binding, earlier FishyII found Bverrit Keep as well. He also found a two socket ethereal poleaxe which does look like a more likely candidate for Strength than the two socket pike earlier found, because of both more damage and faster hit rate. FishyII is still searching fo a good two socket shield for Rhyme though, although if nightmare turns out to be too dangerous otherwise, his finds so far will have to do.

18. Llathias

Llathias Banned

my unusual luck with Unique drops continues. not that i get uber items, but it's nice to have a larger collection, giving me a sense of completeness. in this session time i found Goreshovel and Chance Guards in between Lower Kurast and Upper Kurast. still wearing only 20% MF, but started playing P8. have to postpone the Meph runs 1 day. hope the WF stays with me till then :)

19. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

Yay! Emilia, lvl 86 LF zon (SC) with max CS,LS,LF and Valk, 1 death to her name (Hell Ancients :( )just bested hell Baal. Played most of hell on p1, because she had no means to kill LI, merc and valk had to do the dirty work. She went untwinked up to NM Act 3 and got twinked after my return to the game.
    Now off to redress her and pindle for a while and then start my next project. :)

Moar