Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sunday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Tolano, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Tolano

Tolano IncGamers Member

Sunday

well, its almost 2 am and im still awake. Saturday was pretty good, got my strafer to lvl 72. She is doing pretty well, but her merc dies alot, will have to figure out how to fix that. i have tried high resists with a duries and i have tried lessening his damage with shaftstop, i just wish i could do both. oh well, anyway it was a good day for mfing, found goreriders and gull dagger, both grailies for me. still cant find that darn HoZ, will try again after some sleep.

2. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I'm assuming that you have an act 2 merc? What are his equipment? What level is your Valk? I hope you use Decoy? Where are you in the game? Remember that positioning is key for a Strafer to keep the pressure off your guy(s). That and knockback either from a Nef rune or crafted gloves will do nicely unless you have a Windforce which hits so hard.

My Strafer (Witchy) merc uses eth Reaper's Toll, Gladiator's Bane and Andy's Visage/Tal's Mask/Vamp Gaze/Guillame's Face for boss running ...

Keep in mind that at your level I find it be between a rock and a hard place. Act 2 mercs will die a bit more until you get to the 80's or so. You have to get more leech for the most part given the leech penalty in Hell.

As for me, i'm working tonight so i'm going to get some good quality D2 action tonight! :lol: Sometimes I love my job ... although it's not where I want to be permanantly.

3. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

*yawns*
    ahhh i am exhausted, i spent the whole of sat coresealing, painting, grinding(off rust) and more painting.
    For those who dont know coresealant is a compound that converts rust back to iron (i was workin on my sea scout ship) good times eh.
    as for d2 i just fired it up and started having difficulty lvling my zon. i just got her to 28 (she is a lit-zon) but my lit attacks cant cut it in p8 act 4 so i brought out the heavy hitter, Ladddys annnnnnnd Gentlemen i introduce the Hellcast heavy crossbow. This will and has helped me get that lvl and i plan to use it to get to lvl 30 before the chaos sanc. The explosive arrows are soo nice coupled with slow missile and decoy

4. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Well i really did not want to double post but i couldent edit my post so this is my addition to my post

EDIT- Woah my zon is suddenely kickin some chaos sanc arse, she was a weakling before lvl 30 but now she rips through EVERYTHING inther path. i mean giant pack of evil demons and undead mages kablow all dead and knocked back(howltusk) woot sooo fun i havent had this much fun since my metorb. no more meele for me its all about the thrown and casted. (or shot) :clap: :lol: :thumbsup:

EDIT 2- also i burn through javs really fast(going back to town every 2 min) really annoying

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

@Pinkey - do you invest your skill-points into charged strike? I didn't used this skill in normal (used 1.09 ravenclaw to speed the progress), but I know it really rocked in nightmare. (And it rocks even more in hell) It's far more effective on the smaller group than Lightning fury and you may not go to town so often to repair your javelins.

I finished my results in MFL this morning and I have to say that I didn't score an impressive item again. (Alma Negra and BK Tribal Guardian) I am doing Meph runs just now, when I score one more grailer, I will start to play my tournament characters again.

EDIT: I have changed my mind. With the great drop (HoZ - grail) I have immediatly decided to start a fana-zealot.

6. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

What kind of job do you have? :)

Got my 1.09 Javazon to lvl16 and the Inner Cloister. It's going pretty darn slow at the moment with an ordinary Rogue Bow and 3 Topazes... Playing untwinked since it's my first character as of now in 1.09 so I got no items to get. This character is thought to be the first one in my 7 99'ers collection... We'll see how that goes.

7. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

My new baby Druid stomped normal Andarial, and even better, found a wand with +2 to Bone Spear and two empty sockets at Drognan's! Naturally +3 would have been nicer, but I'll take it. My mf Sorcie is doing fairly well with her Pindleskin/The Pits/Mausoleum runs, netting this:

Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge
    Colossus Blade
    One-Hand Damage: 75 to 195
    Two-Hand Damage: 174 to 345
    Durability: 50 of 50
    Required Dexterity: 110
    Required Strength: 189
    Required Level: 63
    Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 86
    Fingerprint: 0x821da104
    +200% Enhanced Damage
    All Resistances +20
    Knockback
    20% Increased Attack Speed
    35% Chance of Crushing Blow

This completes the Bul-Kathos' children set! Ok, it's not a great set, but I like completing sets. Within 5 minutes of the sword, this dropped:

Medusa's Gaze
    Aegis
    Defense: 422
    Chance to Block: 44%
    Durability: 92 of 92
    Required Strength: 219
    Required Level: 76
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x2c1f45c2
    +161% Enhanced Defense
    Cold Resist +40%
    7% Life stolen per hit
    Slows Target by 20%
    100% Chance to cast Level 44 Nova When You Die
    10% Chance to cast Level 7 Lower Resist when struck

Not sure what to do with this, apart from file it away for the grail. And that's it. I'm off to bed.

Stony

8. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Hey stony i know i know give it to a act 3 merc and every time they die they will go out with a bangdiddybang(lvl44 nova) make sure its a lit merc to even bigger bang

9. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

That would be cute, kind of a merc bomb. Unfortunately, the shield requires 219 strength, which is a bit out of reach for most any merc, but especially the act III guys. Heck, it's even useless for characters, unless you don't care about blocking. Hmmm... high defense, life stealing, slow target, and Lower Resist... this shield might work for a Fireclaws druid. Hmmm...

Stony

10. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Hmm i forgot bout the str req. oh well whatever its was a stupid idea, but you might be able to hel it and give your merc all + to str gear.

Also another report on my lit zon, absoluteley love her at lvl 34 she is destroying all of act 5 and gaining exp like mad(well i am ding full clears of all areas for exp)
    EDIT-Ive played all acts on p8(cept for act 3 p1 cause i hate it) and i did some bad pt inviistment(9 in lit bolt not in cs)