Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sunday now, is it?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by LowLander, Mar 19, 2005.

1. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Sunday now, is it?

Well it is 'round here, and we're oodles behind Asiapac. Shame on all of you!

My son got his HC 1.10 druid to lvl 21 today, offing Andy, and now messing about with them lovely beetles andwhatnot. (Leapers, bleagh...)

Beubonic the Venomancer, also HC, has found the last act-1 waypoint, and should see eye-to-nipple with the Maiden of Anguish (Ever met a maiden with interconnected nipple piercings and serious bad breath, by the way?... Didn't think so...) somewhere tomorrow. First real challenge, I think. But I don't expect too many problems. Lvl 20 now.

Elric (Fishymancer, SC), got to lvl 80, and now awaits that most horrid of all summoner's places: Arcane Sanctuary. Not at all looking forward to those narrow pathways. Probably merc-only mostly, casting Gumby behind teleport pads for distraction.

Time for some shuteye. Catch y'all later!

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Wait till you get to the Maggot Lair:( Going to do some Pindleruns with my summon necro...much safer than my Wind Druid. Also a couple of Baal runs although the cheap bastard hasn't dropped anything of interest lately. Gonna sleep now...hosting birthdays can be grueling:)

3. Shadolupin

Shadolupin IncGamers Member

My pally just got to lvl 80. Mebbie i should try the ancients again. Also andy is leting me spank her, i got a t-gods, atmas armor tthing and a pul from her oh YEA. ( atmas isnt that good but what ever)

4. LowLander

I seem to remember having to have killed Coldworm, (Or at least have gotten the staff) to get to the AS at all? And that was quite easy with lvl 22 (or so) CE. It works great in those confined areas.

AS (IMHO) is more of a pain 'cause you need to teleport yourself into peril without the usual support of a skelly army, have no damaging ranged attack unless you held on to an act-1/3 merc, PLUS those ghost thingies can attack from the void, and don't need to follow the pathways.

Anyways, I hated it on NM. Let's see how Hell goes. Maybe Terror can help out as well....

5. CrazyChihuahua

CrazyChihuahua IncGamers Member

Well, still saturday here, but I need somewhere to rant.

I have been playing my sentinel sin, and all was well until I came to the jail. I died atleast 10 times there, mostly to a bone mage boss pack. Another anoying thing are the ghosts, which I simply can not kill since they are PI. So, I have to hit and hit until they get afraid and fly off, and my merc moves on to something else. There are alot of boss packs, most of which I am having problems with. My lightning resist is onl 18, so the tainted are beating the snot out of me too, as well as my merc. At ~41k to ressurect my merc, it is very annoying to do.

On top of that, my AR is starting to get to be not enough. I am getting around 70-75% chance to hit stuff, which is also annoying. That with too many deaths and unkillable ghosts, I am getting very annoyed very quickly. I made it to the inner cloister WP, headed down into the catacombs and just said screw it and turned it off. Hopefully I can finish Act 1 tonight or tomorrow when I am not as angry.

And, lastly, I learned today that my grandma had a stroke and is in the hospital right now, and they say it doesnt look good. I have no way of getting there now, so that is why I am here playing D2 I guess. Or atleast, I was.

6. LowLander

Very best wishes for your grandma, CC. Been there, know the feeling.

Can't comment about the 'sin. Only played one, totally different setup. Good luck!

7. corax

corax IncGamers Member

sorry to hear about your granny CC, i hope she pulls through :)

Mind if i ask your sentinel set-up and merc stuff?

havent played d2 yet. will soon. going to work on my special build

8. CrazyChihuahua

CrazyChihuahua IncGamers Member

Her set-up is nothing great, gear wise atleast. She is untwinked, so my merc just has 1 193 Def Giant Conch on, normal chaos armor and a rare pike with dual leech and ED and what have you.

My sin's gear is a Nokazon Relic, Face of Horror (bad def but the %50 monster flee helps sometimes), Nat's soul boots, Whitstan's guard, Nagelring, Frostburns, rare +to all Res, life, mana, and AR ring, +100 HP plated belt, Faithful ancient armor of the whale (449 def right now, +83 to HP), and a magic War Fist with AR and some ED (the skills dont help me). I also have 2 +2 to skills claws on switch for casting venom/fade/SW.

Her skills go like this:
    20 Blade Sentinel
    20 Venom
    20 Claw Mastery
    9 Shadow Warrior
    6 Fade
    1 Blade Fury (never use)
    6 prereqs

She is lvl 74 right now, and in Act 1 Hell. I maxed BS because I only do max 490 dmg right now, so while the dmg on it may look low, it is still a fair chunk. That, and the duration helps. It is good to be able to have 5 blades up at a time. Venom is self explanatory. Claw mastery helps with dmg, as I am sticking to claws. Shadow master is for style really (I dont want to have other traps and such used). Fade is a big help for resists, and I thought I would use blade fury, but I dont.

I can kill fast enough, dmg wise on P1, but the dmg I am taking is rough. I know I can get through it, it will just take a while. And if I screwed up the skills at all, it isnt too late to restart, but I wont, just because I would rather be playing other chars :p

9. seige

seige IncGamers Member

Sorry about your Grandma CC. Hope she gets well soon.
    Mum and Keisha have decided to stay up North again tonight :( there's a play up there they want to look at so it's me by myself again.
    Barry is going well. He defeated Andy on players 8. Her poison is a pain but after a few tp's and some more skellies Barry went and spoke with his little friend Warriv and was off to Act 2. Skeleton, beetles and spear cats .... oh lovely :D
    Good luck on your special build Corax :)

- Jas :wave:

10. LordMay

LordMay IncGamers Member

I'm not doing too much. Just finished watching that Wake Forest and W Virginia game. Now that is how you play basketball. I've been playing HC all day when not watching games. I don't think I'll ever go back to SC. Been doing the Co-op thing and that was pretty fun. Way better than B-net.

11. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

It's 8:30 AM here, gotta meet at work in 30 minutes :mad:

12. Pico Dynamite

Pico Dynamite IncGamers Member

3:40 AM where I live, and I'm LANning it up at a LAN party :D. I got my bowadin from the beggening of act1 to canyon of magi, and plan to play on him a little more today. I've been playing some CS, but we had some connection problems with getting eveyone in on the LAN, but we got it all fixed finally :p.
    Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

No D2 so far, been a quiet boring sunday for me. No chavs asked me out yet, so not all bad i guess. Only got 1 week of college, then we have 2 weeks of wasting life over easter, followed by a week of rushing coursework that i should have done over easter.
    And after easter, ive only got 5 weeks before i leave to take exams.

14. Steven Q Urkel

Steven Q Urkel IncGamers Member

Spent the day farming Mephisto in Hell with my meteorb soser. I died a couple times, lost way more exp than I'd care to loose but no major loss I guess. Most of the finds were unmemorable, but I did find my first ever String of Ears, then later in the day I found another one. Also, the very last run before this post I found my first ever Stormshield. Now, I just need to find a character build that could make good use of it. Also found time for a couple of Countess runs. A few Thuls, a few Amns, a Sol, overall I was happy I guess. Also found a 148/28/13 Gheeds in the Forgotten Tower, but had to throw it out cause I already had a 122/31/11 one in my inventory. I was tempted to keep the second one, but I stuck with the first one instead.