Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sunday Mondaily For Fun Bidaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by In the name of Zod, Aug 1, 2010.

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Sunday Mondaily For Fun Bidaily

Happy New Week

Coke: Its 11:44am right now and the bottle isn't empty. Better do something about that. :scratchchin: Tried lemon diet coke this morning, its palatable. Need the alkaline.

D2: That's the plan. Got to craft some mesh belts first, hopefully get a self-repairing one. Then get the barb through Act IV.

RL: Being the sunday half of this bidaily what can one expect. Sunday should be designated D2day. But then if I had my way wednesday would be RLday and every other day would be D2day. There goes sunday.

Enjoy your coffee and tea guys. And news at course, that goes without saying. :coffee:

2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Re: Sunday Mondaily For Fun Bidaily

RL: One of my favourite sites is officially "closing" on August 1st. I've spent hours and hours on that site throughout college and it pains me that I won't get to use it in the future.

D2: Befuddled and sad by both RL and D2. :p No motivation to play.

OVG: CoN, here I come.

3. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

RL: Neighbors still have my package. I need to get it back before my wife comes to visit. It should be our train tickets. Just realized that they run the restaurant downstairs. So maybe I can drop by the place during a slow time and ask them about it. Not speaking German is really getting to be a problem. I really need to take the time to learn the basics.

D2: Switched my sorc out from PTop helm and armor for a Lore and Stealth. Questing is much much easier now. Relieved I can still hang on to dedicated MF slots for Jewelry and gloves (haven't found anything outstanding for them yet anyway). Merc also took off his Topaz suit and I switched him to an Iron Pelt that Meph coughed up and crafted a Blood Casque with 3%LL and two open sockets for a Ruby and an ED jewel. He's much more durable now. I'll try to push through more of Act V tonight, but I don't think I'll get out of NM just yet.

4. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

Sunday:

RL: Day of rest and whatnot. I might shower and go phone shopping, but I'm far more likely to shower and sit around on my butt. I'll likely finish up the last bit of house-cleaning, and I might wash a small load of clothes. I'll likely eat a couple of times. I'll probably sit outside and chitchat with some neighbors later in the evening. Good times.

D2: nope.

RB: got very little love yesterday, but that will likely change today. Still thinking about Universalizability: yesterday, I remembered that Kantian Universalizability is meant to apply only in cases of moral or ethical judgments, and not in trivial decision-making. But there are some slippery points when trivial decision-making contains an ethical component, and what to do then? Where does the point come when the decisions transform from trivial to (capable of becoming) Universalizable (or not)? Is my decision to have ice cream for lunch an ethical decision? Well, I guess that would depend on a huge number of factors surrounding the production and distribution of the ice cream, the treatment of the milk producers (cows) and ice cream makers (humans and machines); the store where the ice cream is purchased and its treatment of its employees; the environmental cost-benefit analysis of transporting some Cookies-and-Cream from farm to factory (or from factory farm) to processing center to distribution center to warehouse to grocer to me; and etc. And it's a given (sort of) that "The Personal is Political," but I doubt that my desire to have an ice cream lunch has any real political import in and of itself (though there might be political and social implications to the production and distribution of the ice cream, as noted above). Anyway, that's what's on track for the RBings today. Woo!

5. HellHoundBarb

HellHoundBarb IncGamers Member

RL: Nothing really :whistling:, which leaves more time for:

D2: Yes, hopefully completing Nightmare with my Tesladin.

6. queenEm

queenEm IncGamers Member

RL: Pulling up huge bushes that are just plain ugly in my garden. We tied it to our small garden traktor (? 4 wheeler?) with a rope and pulled all of them up. Still a lot of muscle work though so now I am resting but...

D2: not before taking my sorc through act 1 Hell. I had major problems in the beginning but thanks to Milb and Shanksie in the sorc forum I made some changes in gear and now she works like a charm again. (Not my merc though... keeps dying.) I got a Bonesnap and Goldstrike Arch bow out of it. Very good map so I might go again..

7. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

RL (no VG for me):

Yikes, that weekend went by waaay too quickly. I'm thankful for having been able to spend it at home instead of at work. The next weekend, though, I'm not so sure. :(

So it's less than 5 hours before my wake-up time, but as usual on Sunday nights I'm wide awake. Tomorrow morning is gonna be tough!

Despite work taking over my life, I'm pretty happy. I'm also excited (well, kind of) to get back to school in the fall, but not before a monthlong break of mostly resting at home. (I actually just wrote "maybe even cracking open D2 again" and then deleted it because I didn't want making that kind of statement to actually lure me back into the addiction.) But till then, I'll be dropping by from time to time at home and from work. :D

It's so nice to see familiar faces in the Bar and in the dailies. Have a great day, everyone!

8. skipjack

skipjack IncGamers Member

RL: I'm working a split shift, so hopefully I'll find some time to relax outside without being swarmed by mosquitoes.

D2: I haven't found a HR higher than Gul since last Monday; the game is pretty much obligated to give me one at this point. Once that happens, I'll begin an assassin speedrun, although I doubt it will be all that fast.

9. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

10. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

(Not much love for the bidaily... Come on dailiers!)

Monday:

RL: I would say 'I'm not feeling it today,' but I jumped (literally) out of bed and went about my business with aplomb. But I'm definitely feeling off. Read the Ars Starcraft II review... I might say 'screw it' and try to pick up a copy somewhere on my way home today and say 'bye bye' to the neighbors for a month or three, but I'll probably save the money for D3. Anyway. Today will likely be a big, lengthy, string of usual. Good times.

RB: Spent last evening considering the universalizability of having a bowl of ice cream (or not). More accurately, I considered the potential the decision to have a bowl of ice cream (or not) to be tested for universalizability. (Short answer, it's testable, but either response is pretty much valid, so it's pretty much nonsense.) Anyway. iirc, there are some arguments for strong and weak forms of universalizability that I may need to read up on, or skim through and try to reactivate that set of neurons. But I'm well on the way to testing some larger actions and states of affairs for universalizability, not that it really makes any difference either way.

11. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Yeah they're probably all playing SC2. For those off us who can't or don't want to, more daily.

RL: Well monday is pulling to a full stop now. Its 9:25pm as I write this and starting to feel a bit tired. Got through the second half of the day with coke and already my skin hates me. Done all the household duties, went shopping at the local mall and picked up some bargin game for my xbox 360 that I'm planning on getting in a week. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Fear + addon for $5. Picked up Grid for $12. Bought army of two the other day for $28. Also picked up Juiced 2 and Bioshock for $10 ea. Bargins and none were pre-owned. Looking forward to being able to stream HD movies around the house with the 360s, who needs a bluray player anyhow.

D2: Similar to yesterday and the day before. Half way through Act V now and I've got to say that this act by far has the largest amount of gold drops in the game. I think its just the number of monsters in it but talk about wealth (200k gold and still haven't fought the ancients), mind you I have been picking up every scrap and morsel.

12. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie IncGamers Member

I didn't understand the concept of a bidaily.

Sunday: Work. Packed for the move.

Monday: Did one trip's worth of moving. Beer and takeout for tea.