Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sundaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by druidkid9, Sep 24, 2006.

1. druidkid9

druidkid9 IncGamers Member

Sundaily

hi all it is around 4:12pm here and very cold as well :undecided:

RL- not much today.

D2- started my HC Untwinked fishy zon who is now level 9 and about to go get the scroll in the Dark wood to open up the stones in the stony field :).

i have a few questions as well which i mentioned in my thread but no one has answered it yet so i may as well say it now.

i just read most of Nightfish's guide and the build recommends
    20 LF
    20 CS
    20 Fa
    20 cold arrow

could i maybe take 10 points off cold arrow and put them points into valK? or just totally leave out cold arrow and max valk?.

1 more thing should i run the game with p/8 in normal p/8 in NM and p/1 in hell or just all p/1 to make it simple???

have a great day all. :thumbsup: :jig:

2. Suiling

Suiling Banned

RL: Tomorrow is monday, trail exam continues to haunt me with maths paper one..
    D2: Being so stress yesterday, so i'm going to do rushing through acts to hell Act5..

3. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

I still haven't tried this build (or for that matter, a bow-using 'zon), but if you're going to drop too much from your bow skills, I suspect you'll really loose your killing power for LI's. At that point, it may be best to consider an alternative to a cold/bow attack (IIRC Frostburn recently wrote a very nice summary of his tests of backup skills for LF/CS, gimme a sec to search).

Edit: Frostburn's thread: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=494773 - although after re-reading, it looks like this doesn't necessarily focus on the questions you're asking.

RL: 1:30 am, almost bedtime. Hiking in the early afternoon, which'll be very nice - it's been 3 weeks since my knee started acting up (and I quit hiking to let it heal - again), so it'll be nice to get outside and do stuff again.

I also have to pick up my new skis after having the bindings mounted, at which point I'm officially 100% ready for the season. I have to force myself to not think about it because I get so excited that I become completely useless and wound up. I'm like an 8-year-old on caffiene pills and sugar. This smiley pretty much sums up my behaviour: :jig:

D2: maybe in the evening I'll get around to the second of my hellforge runs, but maybe not.

4. druidkid9

hrrrrrm this is hard for me to decide i guess i could go for 20 fa , 20 cold arrow, 20 LF, 20 CS and left overs into valk? this means i will have lack penetrate and other goodies. Can someone please give me a good selection of skills that would help me do good in HC Untwinked using a zon?? i cant decide. *scratches head until no hair left* ..........................*goes and sits in corner and crys*

5. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

@druidkid9: Cold Arrow is a great synergy for Frozen Arrow because it adds decent damage without raising the Mana cost. I would probably take a few away from Frozen Arrow (or perhaps a few each from CA and FA) to put into Innner Sight/Critical Strike/Dodge/Avoid/Evade/Slow Missiles/Decoy/Valkyrie. I'm not sure if you mean CS to be Charged Strike or Critical Strike, but I wouldn't put any in Charged Strike if you are planning to use Lightning Fury, since the synergy is lousy.

Real Life: Slept a lot of the day away, then watched a movie with my partner while eating, then went back to sleep. Guess the infection in my foot is tiring me out. It seems to be getting somewhat better now that the toenail is gone, though. But my toe looks like it's been flayed where the nail used to be!

Diablo II: Think I may play a bit, now. See you all later.

Jude

6. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

you don't need points in DAE if you have frozen arrow. frozen monsters don't move and when they move you have the backup LF uber killing skill with block and a good shield. it's a waste of points in Valk and DAE skill. better spent elsewhere like pierce ( so you'll have 100% with razortail) or more CS synergies.
    penetrate is a waste of points. all your skills are auto hit LF CS FA. you don't need AR with those

RL blah blah
    D2 i build a smiter lvl 21 now

7. druidkid9

@Jude i ment Charged strike because A it is a synergy for LF and it is also a great solo monster killer plus an awesome Boss killer (meph/baal/duriel etc..). i have decided myself and the help of asdfgah to go for the basic.
    20 LF
    20 Charged strike (still thinking) or 20 valk not sure??
    20 FA
    20 Cold arrow remanding points into penentrate and valk.

the 20 charged strike will give me the abilities i mention above but the 20 valk will give me a great source of a tank. But what i am still pondering is that if i use FA everything freezes yes?? so the valk will not be hit by anything? and the LF will just rip through anything not Lighting immune. So what should i do...... 20 valk or 20 Charged strike??

8. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

Decoy is the best summon. one point in decoy and you'll have a great tank.
    CS for bosses
    valk isn't good at all for your build. but make your choice as you want

9. druidkid9

ok sweet so i stick with CS and i will be getting at least 1 point in valk and ofcourse decoy :)

10. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

@druidkid9: The trouble with Valkyrie is that you must put prereq points into D/A/E to get there (That's more of a problem when playing a melee Amazon, though, becuase of the Jab/Fend bug). Maybe nebux is right about using Decoy, although I have found the short time and non-movement irritating. Maybe you should forget a tank (except for a merc) and just put some points into Inner Sight, Critical Strike, and Pierce, in addition to your main attack skills.

Real Life: My partner just woke up and told me to go get some sleep...but after sleeping all day yesterday, I'm not really sleepy. Getting hungry, though. Still feeling tapped out from the infected foot, so I am going to try to take it easy today and let it heal. Probably will get some more sleep later.

Diablo II: About to enter the Countess tower with my 13th level Paladin, Jackhammer. I'm planning to put most of his points (plus prereqs) into Zeal+Sacrifice, Blessed Hammer, and Conviction, with some in Resists, Prayer and Cleansing. He hasn't found any good items yet though he has a half-decent scepter (+40% ED, +3 max dam. +1 Holy Fire, +1 Prayer, +2 Might). Also, Artic Furs. But I was hoping to have some decent charms and jewels and jewelry by now.

Jude

11. druidkid9

@Jude. after re-reading over Nightfishy's guide i found that a valk is useless for my build so i will only be using decoy and merc as for my tank.

The only thing i am scared of about this character and mostly all of them to come is getting good enough gear to complete the game. I guess i could do some slow meph runs?? or maybe just rerun places in hope of items>?

D2- my fishy zon is level 13 and about to rescue cain. Doing good for now :)!!

12. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

A Valk is by no means useless - NF plays his chars twinked and has a lot of excellent gear and charms so he has a lot less chance of dying. Here's my LF/FA Zon Guardian. I played through until Act 1 Hell untwinked until I got bored and decided to put some Titans on her.

A Valk is the best Tank in the game IMO - loads of life, a good blocker and respectable damage - if a little slow. It is also recastable, unlike a merc.

RL: Went to a Christening this morning, was out drinking last night so that wasn't too fun :grin:

D2: Want to start a new character, but I don't know what yet, I'll have to check my stashes for some nice items to use :smiley:

13. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Diablo II: Well, Jackhammer finally found something pretty nice, at least for his level (14):

Eagle Ward Targe (Etherial, but has Repairs 1 Durability in 33 seconds)
    Def 24
    Chance to block 50
    +10% FHR
    +15% FBR
    10% ICB
    +29% ED
    +5 to Mana
    Cold, Lightning, Poison Resist +9%
    Fire Resist +15%

He's going to finish up the Pit and hit the next waypoint and I'm going to take a break and do something else for a while (maybe eat or sleep).

Jude

14. YoungDbl

YoungDbl IncGamers Member

RL: Our washer's belt snapped today from over use and we have to go pick up a new one off of a friend. After that isn't to much work to do on this nice rainy sunday. Ill whip up some macaroni salad and maybe read a little.

D2: Still waiting for tuesday to come bearing my new d2 wielding computer so I can start my new restart and enjoy the game once again. I just got through a 2 month break and now its time I play again. Today will be filled with scouring the forum and writing up new character ideas.

@Jude: Congrats, what kind of build is jackhammer? Hammerdin im guessing?

15. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

@YoungDbl: Mostly Zeal (with Sacrifice as synergy), Blessed Hammer, and Conviction is the plan. Also a few in resists, Prayer, Cleansing, and prereqs. At level 14, he is mostly using Zeal with Might, and Cleansing (with Prayer as synergy) and resists as needed. I don't really follow pre-made "builds" because I like to figure them out myself.
    EDIT: Also, self-found, untwinked, and no muling or trading, as usual.
    Have fun with your new computer!

Real Life: My toe looks like it might be healing a bit. I wonder how the toenail is going to grow back without problems...

Diablo II: Going to go play now.

Jude