Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summons resistances and mercenary question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Flayed One, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

Hi guys,

I have a question - what are the resistances of spirits and vines?
    I know the spirits are immune to Poison in Hell and immune to Poison and Physical in Nightmare.
    I also know Wolves and Bear have 5*slvl resist all, which is capped at 85%. Does it work like that for spirits and vines as well?

Are the resistances of the summons subject to difficulty resistance penalty like the player and the mercenary? Does lvl 26 bear have 85% resist all in hell, or 30%?

The second question is about the mercenaries - what is better for the minions Blessed Aim from Act 2 merc, or Inner Sight cast by Act 1 merc?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

Vines have no resistance, while spirits are always Immune to Poison, Immune to Physical (100%) in Nightmare but have no physical resistance in Normal or Nightmare, and have 25% resistance to the four remaining damage types in all difficulty levels. They receive no additional resistance as skill level increases.

Resistance penalties only apply to players and mercenaries in Nightmare and Hell.

3. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

The Act 2 merc can cast Decrepify, while the Act 1 merc can have Fanaticism. Then again, the Act 1 merc can cast Decrepify too. But if you're really concerned about your summons hitting, go with an Act 2 merc with Infinity. Now you can have a damage boosting aura as well as an enemy defense reduction solution.