Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summons go *POOF*

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Aerath, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Summons go *POOF*

This actually applies to other character classes as well, but is especially annoying with my Necromancer (Iron Golem).

The problem is as follows...

My necro is quite the swift feller (Sander's Boots, Stealth Armour + 1 5% FRW charm), and summons can't always keep up with him (specially when they get stuck in a doorway or so, or in the Arcane).

Apparently, them gets confuzzled and says "screw this, I'm off to the pub for a pint or two". :drink:
    They just disappear completely...

Now, I find this to be highly annoying when you want to create a Golem out of a semi-decent item (i.e. a Full Res Pali shield)...

Anyone know how to avoid this without slowing down to a snail's pace again ?

2. tremak

tremak IncGamers Member

Well... this isn't a real solution to your problem, but I've always thought teleport would be a nice thing to have on a summoner for when your summons fall behind. Town portals bring them to you as well I suppose. Probably not what you were asking for, but I can't think of any other way to make them hurry the hell up.

3. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Hmm.... It seems like you are using an Iron Golem. I'm not saying that's wrong, but what I've learned is nobody ever uses IG anymore after 1.10. Switch to Clay Golem if possible. Then you can summon it anywhere you want.

Maybe you just dislike following the trend as everyone else. Perfectly fine.

Oh, another cool thing with Golems is the "In-Town Shows." In trading games, some sorcs kept casting their energy shield (not very sure about what that was). A Necro next to me cast his Bone Armor 5 times/second. It's pretty annoying. I then filled the screen with clay by casting my CG over and over again. The necro typed,

"Can't do that. Not a summoner."

The next step I took was to cast my Blood Golem like crazy. Finally everyone got sick of the blood vomitting sound and left the game.

Hahahahahah....

4. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Might look around for a teleport charges item...

And the Iron Golem comes from the Aesir build posted earlier in the Forum... I liked the idea of having an elementally immune golem :)

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Before the forum crash, I learned that this is called "carpeting".