Summoning necro build

DamianM

Diabloii.Net Member
Summoning necro build

Ive had a summoning necro for a while who is level 63. I havent gotten him all the best equipment but i will eventually, i will also restart him because i messed up his attributes. But i wanted to know the skills to put into, this is my plan:

20 raise skeleton
20 skeleton mastery
20 raise skeletal mage
20 revive
1 summon resist
1 fire golem
1 to prerequisites
1 amplify damage, iron maiden, life tap

if theres any other skills i should put points into i would like to know. and also my equipment i was going to use was:

Arm of King Leoric
3 summoning circlet
Enigma
Homunculus
Marrowwalks
Trang gloves
Arachnid
2 BK rings
3 summoning amulet

also i would like to know if i should use something else instead of these items, or what to use in my second weapon and shield slot. I want to be able to do ubers with this character too.

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive had a summoning necro for a while who is level 63. I havent gotten him all the best equipment but i will eventually, i will also restart him because i messed up his attributes. But i wanted to know the skills to put into, this is my plan:

20 raise skeleton
20 skeleton mastery
20 raise skeletal mage
20 revive
1 summon resist
1 fire golem
1 to prerequisites
1 amplify damage, iron maiden, life tap

is theres any other curses or something that i should put skills into i would like to know. and also my equipment i was going to use was:

Arm of King Leoric
3 summoning circlet
Enigma
Homunculus
Marrowwalks
Trang gloves
Arachnid
2 BK rings
3 summoning amulet

also i would like to know if i should use something else instead of these items, or what to use in my second slot. I want to be able to do ubers with this character too.
Revives only needs 1 point into it with a summoning build...because with your +skills you will end with with about 15 of them anyway...which is more than enough.

Don't know why you would want to use the fire golem when gumby is much better overall compared to all the others with just 1 point in it. The fire damage isn't all that any more compared to pass patches.

As for your curses...it depends on what you plan on doing with the build...but I almost always went from amp to decrep and dim vision as well.

Best of luck with it,

HoS

DamianM

Diabloii.Net Member
Revives only needs 1 point into it with a summoning build...because with your +skills you will end with with about 15 of them anyway...which is more than enough.

Don't know why you would want to use the fire golem when gumby is much better overall compared to all the others with just 1 point in it. The fire damage isn't all that any more compared to pass patches.

As for your curses...it depends on what you plan on doing with the build...but I almost always went from amp to decrep and dim vision as well.

Best of luck with it,

HoS
But wouldnt putting more points into revive make it alot more useful and stronger? and whats gumby?

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
Revives are stuck at their 3 minute time limit. They also don't do much damage (in most cases). Those two facts make revive a 1 pt wonder. I am finding I never use revive ever, I just CE everything after I summon my army.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
More points into Revive only increase the number of Revives you can have. It doesn't make them any stronger. You'll find it tough trying to keep 10 Revives around, let alone 30. They're more of a bonus than something to rely on.

You need Decrepify and Dim Vision as well with your curses. Both are very useful.

You also need at least 1 point in Corpse Explosion. It's just too powerful and useful to pass. Some say max it, others say throw the last of your points here after everything else. Either way you're going to want a big radius with this.

Fire Golem is debatable. You don't need a point in it if you aren't going to use it, which you probably wont use it over Clay Golem.

IMO all extra points left over are best put in Golem Mastery. That way you have the option of making a gnarly Iron Golem out of something sweet and not worry as much about him dying on you.

As for 2 BK ring... If you can find a couple of legit SoJs, use them instead. The extra mana means prolonged teleporting and CE spamming without worrying about mana. You wont be putting any points into Energy, and ~40-45 life (non-BO-able either) on the BKs isn't going to rock your socks off. A couple of hundred more mana on the other hand... will let you crank out Revives (at 45 mana apiece) and CE till the Hell Bovines come home.

One last thing... If you're not going to have max block, go with a 3 skill Boneflame or Darkforce Spawn. It's 3 skills versus Homun's 2, meaning a more powerful army... which is all good. Better than the block and resist of Homun IMO.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Revives are stuck at their 3 minute time limit. They also don't do much damage (in most cases). Those two facts make revive a 1 pt wonder. I am finding I never use revive ever, I just CE everything after I summon my army.
I use them on the occasional bosses, or when I don't want to revive my merc (because of IM). However, 1 point is enough.

zarakon

Diabloii.Net Member
as everyone else has said, 1 point in revives is enough.

better off putting those extra points in mages, CE, or golem

MoonUnit

Diabloii.Net Member
I usually go with:

Raise Skeleton:20
Skeleton Mastery:20
Clay Golem:1
Golem Mastery:1
Skeletal Mage:20
Blood Golem:1
Summon Resist:1
Iron Golem:1
Fire Golem:1
Revive:1

Amplify Damage: 1
Decrepify: 1
Prereqs: 1

Corpse Explosion: 20

Works fine with a regular might merc. :grin:

Kirah

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with MoonUnit and go with:

Raise Skeleton:20
Skeleton Mastery:20
Clay Golem:1
Golem Mastery:1
Skeletal Mage:20
Blood Golem:1
Summon Resist:1
Iron Golem:1
Revive:1
Bone Armor:1
Curses: 1 each
Corpse Explosion: 10-20
Act 1 Rogue Faith Bow / Bramble Amor or Edge / Bramble

This also is my make up except, I put in a point into each curse for my own entertainment and enjoyment. I take my time in maxxing CE since +skillers often give decent radius.

good luck and good hunting!
Kirah

ps: On your second weapon / shield slot put a CTA / Spirit.

DamianM

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for all the advice everyone. does anyone know the best merc and equipment to help my skeles?

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Best merc for a summoner is nm act2 offensive (might)...as for equipment I had mine with a tal's armor/helm combo (both with a perfect topaz in them) and a tomb reaver with high MF...since I used mine for MFing mostly or rushing.

I had a 6 ist'd sword and 4 ist'd shield on switch...and 1/2 my inventory filled with 5-7 smfc and other mf items...between myself on switch and waheed merc I have over 1000 mf to mess around with...and over 850 mf with norm equipment.

HoS

GotFriana

Diabloii.Net Member
After completing your base build with Raise Skeletons, Mages and Skeletons mastery you have lots of spare points to have fun with. Personally I like 1 point on each curse to make my necro more party friendly (you never know when you are going to use a curse) and the AI curses can be very usefull in different situations, then you can max CE, but is not really needed with +skills and I dont think 1 point on each golem hurts at all. I like the fire golem for certain areas where there r lots of monsters, it atracts everyone around and drags them right into my CE. For bosses and strong monsters then switch to the clay golem, I dont like to be stuck with just 1 golem so I dont use the iron golem and dont invest more than 1 point on Golem Mastery.
After all this there are still available points so another option to consider is put a point on bone armor and a few on bone wall as synergy.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey i wanted to know whether i should use a 3 to summoning skills circlet i have or a shako.
Just keep the +3 circlet on. It's just easier than having to switch gear all the time.

or...

Just keep the Shako on. It's just easier than having to switch gear all the time.

could someone tell me why clay golem is the best to use?
It's got that slowing effect. It's also got the highest life and tankage ability of all the Golems. It provides your army with a bonus by slowing targets down, making them less of a threat to all. Sure, it's got NO damage to speak of, but you're not using it for the damage.