Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summoning Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by GoSketch, May 8, 2005.

1. GoSketch

GoSketch IncGamers Member

Summoning Druid

Hey all,

I have recently decided to build a summoning druid and am enjoying him so far. I am planning on putting 20 into oak sage, 1 into raven, 5 into spirit wolves, 20 into dire, and 20 into grizzly. However, this leaves me with numerous points (44 to be correct if I'm counting right). Howerver, now a few questions come to mind, mostly what should I do for my second skill tree?

1) I could put a further 15 points into spirit wolves bumping up my summons, as that is the major purpose of this build. But that still leaves me with about 25-30 pts left over.

2) I could also put the remaining points in an elemental area like fissure or hurricane. And one synergy for some back and some help against pi.

3) I could also do a werebear with shockwave to help out my wolves and grizzly, which would still leave me about 30 pts (after 1 in werebear 1 in maul, and about 10 in shockwave).

I'm looking for input so please guys, help me out. I have a bunch of skill points to use and I'm not sure what to do. All input is provided and if you've had something work for you I'd love to hear it. I did read a few other posts but they left me with more options than answers. Thanks for the time.

2. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Hi! :howdy:

You will need damage, so I would recommend giving the poison creeper a go and put rest of the extra points into shockwave. The creeper will be an asset against physical resistant monsters and shockwave will give you more crowd control.

If your build isn't set to stone yet, I would switch oak for heart of wolverine. More damage is better than meatier meatshields since you can easily recast them.

Good luck with your summoner.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

huntermentalist my friend. Max volcano and fissure and voila great secondary source of damage and you can even slap on a bow.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

1. Not such a good idea...Spirit Wolves aren't good summons and the boost they give your other summons isn't worth it.

2. I'd recommend doing this! Max the skills Beowulf suggests.

3. A decent option...If you get a decent amount of +skills you could try putting just 1 point in Shockwave.

5. corby000

corby000 IncGamers Member

alternative

Here's how i built my summoner:
    5 spirit wolf
    max dire wolf
    0 grizzly (get lvl 13 synergy from beast runeaxe)
    max how
    max fireclaw
    max firestorm
    0 in molten boulder (gets lvl 15ish from stone runearmor)
    1 shockwave
    1 werebear/wolf/lycan

i've found that this is a great combo of fire damage from fc(about 2.5k right now), and physical damage from my axe and my minions. i get a bunch of +skills from equip: spirit shield, jalal's, highlords (need 36% ias for bkpt8), beast gives +3 wb and +3 lyc. when in tricky parts of hell i usually cast grizzly and clay golem charges and try and keep my might merc alive. with the might, fanat, and how auras the griz packs a decent punch and has lots of life. my dmg hits 5k with the auras, so i like to mix it up with my minions at my side. start with shockwave then fc them to death!! lots of fun.

any comments on the build ??

lata
    corby

6. Forcefeedback

There are a few annoying "features" with your setup.
    1. Have to cast grizzly from charges thus it can't be prebuffed to lvl 30 or something
    2. You can't recast your bear as often as you like since only 5 charges
    3. The repair costs with charges used must be unbelievable
    4. Only 9 frame attack(8 frame very hard to obtain) thus much of the fireclaws potential is lost(no 4 frame fireclaw)
    5. Stone+Beast= expensive build, not ungodly expensive like Uzziah's dual elementalist though :D

Things I like about this build is that it is versatile with high physical and fire damage, has crowd control with grizzly and shockwave and might be very fun to play.

7. corby000

corby000 IncGamers Member

8. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

um,
    what do you guys think should I do to get some attention on poison creeper :)

9. Forcefeedback

Implement it onto every build out there!
    The skill points aren't that scarce on the werewolf builds usually. With werebears just convince people that the 7% isn't worth it in the long run and with the physical immmunes are always lurking around the corner it's an investent for the future. Passive http://forums.diabloii.net/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3490483#
    Decrease Sizeprotection is the key!

edit: 35% is enough for 8 frame fireclaws but getting it means getting either highlords or goldwrap or something else...

10. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

Take one free advise from a men who is a druid-adicted since his birthday (thanks to mama Bear and papa Bear...:))
    If you want to make a really good druid summoner max the HEART of Wolverine NOT the OAK, and you will see the difference!!!

11. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

Dont do Poison Creeper

Dont go for poison creper.

Put one point in it and leave it, its vaguely useful in the early part of act 1 but the damage it does simply does not grow much and by the time you get to Nightmare and Hell it will hardly touch em.

Put 1 point into creeper and then three into Carrion Vine. At lvl 3 carrion replenishes 6% of your life for each corpse it eats. This is very useful as it reduces the need for potions after battle. Further it does not matter how much life you have it will always do 6% - so for late game it will give you maybe a hundred points of health for each corpse. You save so many potions and can more easily keep potions for when you really need them.

Dont go for more than three as the benefits rapidly reduce and points can be better spent elsewhere, but with good skillers it will get to fairly high level replenishing 9 - 10%.

This is a very useful summoning for ele druids as well.

12. electricblue

Poison Creeper is viable in hell, and he actually kills. His damage is much more than the listed damage against multiple monsters.

I could solo hell cows with only using poison creeper.

I ll post some links later on.

13. electricblue

14. WiseGuy

WiseGuy IncGamers Member

As previously stated using a bow works well...I use WWS for the %ctc amplify damage and HoW is better than Oak Sage. I opted for a low-vitality route to pump dex, so I went defensive with remaining points, putting them into Cyclone Armor and Hurricane. Might merc will also boost damage.