Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summoner.. where to spend last Points?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Papermate, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Papermate

Papermate IncGamers Member

Summoner.. where to spend last Points?

So i have already maxed out the summoners skills and im at lvl 84... what should i do with spare points?

2. NorrYtt

NorrYtt IncGamers Member

1 point in every Curse...
    Max Corpse Explosion is never bad/wrong/illspent

3. valkor

valkor IncGamers Member

IMO a point in each is fun, but did you max your golems too?

4. garion

garion IncGamers Member

what skills have you maxed?

5. Papermate

Papermate IncGamers Member

i should have been more specific... i haev 1 pt into curses, maxed RS, SM, RSM, CE, and pts into golem. (i followed foo softs guide) but idk where to put remaining points

6. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

you seem to be on the right track, the last few points are up to you where you want to spend them, they wont break the build. A few suggestions are:

Dim Vision is the most useful curse in the game, you may feel like you want a larger radius/duration, for areas where there are gloams or ranged monsters.

Golem Mastery, ONLY if you wish to make an Iron Golem out of a specific item and keep it alive as long as possible. Keep in mind at this point you wont be able to max it with the remaining points (not necessarily a bad thing).

Revives. If you're lacking +skill items, you might want to consider a couple more here, but with an inventory full of skillers and a torch, it's not needed.

Amplify Damage. I don't understand why people max this, as if overrides Dim Vision when you don't want it to. It's just as easy to cast Amp 2 or 3 times to get the whole screen. But, if you must, it's an option.

I can't think of anything else useful for now with limited points. Poison/Bone require heavy investment, 1 point summon resist and revives is usually fine. Bone armor/synergies require heavy investment too.

My vote's for Dim Vision, it's a necessity in the WSK (worldstone keep) and places full of ranged fellers (occasionally bloody foothills, frigid highlands etc.).

my $0.02.

7. garion

garion IncGamers Member

eh...looks like you got all the important skills

1 pt summon res
    1 pt golem mastery
    1 pt clay golem
    1 pt revives

i guess you could put a pt into bone armor...i like that since it absorbs like 200 more dmg...or more with gear..and is a nice indicator if me taking on a bit of missle dmg...before it gets in on my health bar....eh..really a non-issue...

i guess put it whereever you think you might need it the most...confuse and dim vision can be useful for pesky ranged attackers too...