Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summoner vs. Ubers: An revive idea?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Mikk0, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

Summoner vs. Ubers: An revive idea?

well.. we all know that urdrars get the job done with ease.. atleast vs meph they are verry nice :rolleyes:

we also know that they are limited in games so heres an idea what im thinking of trying:

1. skellies/mages from a1 somewhere
    2. open cow portal near to rogue camp wp
    3. get few crap revives & urdrars to go against meph
    4. kill meph and return to act1 to get cows (if urdrars are gone alredy for some reason)

the reason for cows? well i think they should do fair amount of dmg and mainly, they are so easy to get.. getting 20+ revives from river of flame can be a pain (atleast if there are those maggots or worms there that are useless!)

so im thinking have anyone tried cows vs ubers? when i get my next organ set im gona try this out to see how they do :wink2:

2. DIEnamic

DIEnamic IncGamers Member

there are urdar clones called "maulers" in durance. they do pretty much the same thing. frigid highlands also has thorned hulk monsters that work nicely but they are very limited and don't spawn every game.

as for cows, let me know how it turns out :laugh:

3. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

i know about the 'clones'.. im just looking for alternative and faster ways to get deacent revives.. few tele's + few ce's = 20ish dead cows @ cow lvl.. thats what i would call an quickly obtained army.

after i come out of shower im going to do an baal run (among the search of that freaking terror key im lacking) and test out how and what does those cows do vs baal.. that should give me atleast an hint from their abilitys :wave:

so i'll get back to this within an hour or so :brainiac:

4. DIEnamic

DIEnamic IncGamers Member

if my opinion is worth anything, I really don't see cows going to work even if uber meph is dead. however like you said, easily attainable and if they do work then it'll make it much easier.

hoping for the best though :p

5. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

well i did one baal run with cows vs baal.. wasent really impressed :undecided:

but i need to find that last damned terror key to try this out for real. ofc i need to roll a game with urdrars in it cause if this back fires it will take so mutch longer to take them down :rolleyes:

6. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

I don't think that the cows do crushing blow which is really what you're looking for when doing bosses like Baal or Uber-Tristram.

good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

7. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

i know that.. thats why i stated earlyer that im looking for alternative ways to get an deacent army and cows would be verry easyly obtained If the would get the job done.

hope i can get a terror key today and try this out, even tho im affraid they wont be as good as urdrars

8. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

well i finaly obtained that last lacking terror key! and tryed cows vs ubers.. here my toughts:

cows wont do crushing blow (tho noted that earlyer on in a normal baal run)

but they have their use. they do nice dmg and are easyly obtained when cow portal is opened near a1 wp.

i did this:

- summon skeletons/mages from somewhere around a1 (aka useless monsters)
    - got full pack of cow revives
    - went to river of flame and revived urdrars to go with cows
    - head on to ubers

repeated when/if needed

we all know that its annoying to revive monsters from river of flame (xept urdrars ofc) and guess what.. cows do solve this problem quite nicely.

its not really a big difference but if you feel like it, try it.. i felt nice to go vs ubers with urdrars and atleast semi deacent revives. more testing might be needed but that was just my 1st attempt with them :wave: