Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summoner question.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by MercenaryKnight, Mar 21, 2005.

1. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

Summoner question.

I maxed skeleton warrior, skeleton mastery and revive. I have put points up to decrepify curse and 1 point into bone armor. Is skeletal mages worth maxing? I noticed on my old necromancer that skeleton mages often died at bosses like hell baal but I never really knew if they were worth the 20 points.

2. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

I would say the general trend is to max CE next. There are 11,000 threads on this subject, so using search will provide you with alot of wisdom.

3. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

The normal course for a summoner is to max mages and only put one point into revive. Following that is maxing CE or creating a bone hybrid.

4. jonx

jonx IncGamers Member

For my crazy summoner that I just build ( which I might add is hella strong) finds that revives are much stronger than mages and are more useful in my oppinion in hell. The only thing is that you don't need many skill points in revive. I hav about 10 points in revive, and I get about 30 revives with my additional skill points...

My summoner walks through 8 player hell games like its cheese cake. The only problem is that it is expensive... :( I know your short on currency so the best thing to do is first build a good MF character, and mf for a while until you get good items, then sell them and get:

enigma
    maras
    2 sojs
    shako
    homonc
    arm of King Leoric
    spider sash
    trangs gloves
    marrow walks
    6 GCs

This will give you exactly 44 Skeleton Master and gives you 16 skeletons and 16 mages and 30 revives. Get your merc Pride Bramble and make him a might merc. The base dmg of each skeleton is about 600 * 16 * 300% (from pride) and JUST from skeletons, you get about 30k in dmg alone.. Then with the revives you will probably get about another 15k in dmg and amp... oh man...

Note that mages dmg is negligable but I only use them for poison and freeze..

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Without lower resist, their damage is lowish at best...CE is probably a better option, a maxed one will have huge radius.

6. rubberband shooter

rubberband shooter IncGamers Member

Actually, with lower resist, the damage of fire and lightning mages is comprable to the skeleton warriors.

7. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Sorry for reviving a dead thread but what about beast? Would switching the arm for a beast weapon be more beneficial? You wouldnt have as many +skills into your summon tree, but you'd have lvl 9 Fanaticism skellies.

8. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

Use arm to summon your minions and then switch to beast.

cheers K

9. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

I thought that losing skill points by switching gear will make skeletons crumble if there are more than the skill allows.

Like if you have 11 skeletons with the arm, and have 10 skeletons without it, one would crumble.

10. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

This is true but you'll probably only lose 1 skeleton and the remaining skeletons will benefit from the higher levels of mastery used to summon them + the benefits from the Beast aura...so sacrifice 1-2 skeletons for a lot of added killing power for the rest of your skeletons and merc (fanatiscism adds both damage/ar/speed).