Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summoner question / problem

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DMPI_Masher, Mar 5, 2004.

1. DMPI_Masher

DMPI_Masher IncGamers Member

Summoner question / problem

Before I started playing SP I made a lvl 92 summoner necro on cattle.net.

He specialized in Iron Golem (lvl 41) and I used a thorn merc.

The problem was that when I joined a MP game my golems health would bug out and strech across the screen then would melt into a pile o junk. Same thing would happen to my fire golem and high level valk when playing a zon.

Does this happen in SP as well? I'm thinking it had something to do with the druid Oak sage or battle orders? Very frustrating as I would like to make a similar build in SP but don't want to waste my time or loose a godly item to this "life bug".

Anyone else have a similar experience?

2. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

Never had a problem like that, DPMI - not with any of my summons from any character type. Odd. But then again, battle.net is the home of odd.

Just out of curiosity, why use a thorns merc with an Iron Golem? IG already has thorns...

3. DMPI_Masher

It was v1.09. Should have been a bit more specific

I think it was either a problem with people using hacked equipment and or unrealistic +skills. Still, I built the charater and would cringe when the life bar leaped from the left all the way to the right. Save and Exit...then hope! :scared:

Still...anyone else see this odd bug?

4. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

So it was from 1.09 so probably it meant that the Iron golem was made of ITH, Quark or any other hack weapons with unrealistic ED, and +skills and what have you. Never seen it in 1.10 SP though.

5. DMPI_Masher

DD

LOL...I have never used a hack or ITH. Hell...I've played B.net for a few years and I still dont understand that haZor 1337 ... er uh ... what ever. BTW. How is it that 1337 means elite? Enlighten me please. Is there a hooked on phonics book on b.net speach? Not that I need to loose brain cells reading it.

What I meant by the above post is that people had so many + skills to either their BO or Oak that it bugged out my summon. Possibly giving my summon so much life that D2 had no way to compensate and just kicked it to the curb. Or, there was a hack out there like a drop hack that killed peoples summons.

Well, I think I'm going to forget this post and create this guy in SP anyway only without the thorn merc as cathon pointed out.

6. Baal

Baal IncGamers Member

i'm in no way an expert on this language

but i still think it's pretty obvious

1=L
    33=EE
    7=T

L-EE-T

but i could be wrong

7. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

A rough guess would be that insufficient space was allowed for storing life values, so after it went above a certain amount it was viewed as negative by the game. The display of course can't handle that...

And this bug should have been fixed in 1.10, although it can still affect high-life minions in 1.09. I think...

8. JamesMartigo

JamesMartigo IncGamers Member

yep, sounds like an overflow indeed. I did some experimentation with this in Gallactic Battlegrounds, and this would also result in life bars spanning across the screen.