Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summoner: PvP beast vs Arm or King Leoric

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Norton, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Norton

Norton IncGamers Member

Summoner: PvP beast vs Arm or King Leoric

I am just wondering what you guys found to be better? I am going for alot of skeles, and 1 into revive (20+ monsters already).... My skills look like this:

20 skele mastery
    20 skeles
    20 skeleton mages
    1 revive

I have 1 into each curse, and 1 into CE. What should I spend the rest of my points on? I am using marrowalks, so I was thinking BS as a support skill (it could be helpful?)

My merc is the kicker here, He's a might merc, with a doom polearm and bramble armor ^^ That's 3 auras :D GG merc. Now I was thinking with all those auras, might as well add 1 more? Fanata will be beneficial to everyone, but am I sacrificing too much? I have 16 sekeles right now, and still have 5 more gc's to go.

My equipment:

Enigma <---- Pubby duels
    Shako
    Maras
    2x sojs
    Homonculus
    Marrowalk <---- I know I know..... pubby >_<
    magefist or the 40% more mana ones?
    arachnid
    ARM OF KING LEORIC OR BEAST?

Thanks for your time.... I also read the guides, and have to say the skelemancer is BY FAR my most fun character out of all the chars I played.

-Norton

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

You look fine. I'd just suggest dumping more points into CE as you level. it will pay off greatly for PVM.

I'd keep a arm of king and a +3 skele / mastery on switch to summon them. you may lose the # of skel's, but they will be buff...hee hee

I am not sure on the fanat. I know the others will all stack. But I am unsure of how 2 offensive *might + fanat* would stack together.

I posted on the stats forum, as they would know best, feel free to check that out here and see if they responded.

STATS FORUM THREAD HERE

g

3. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I'd say beast.

HoSv1

4. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Commando Mancer :thumbsup:

Arm = Bone Prison when hit... could have uses...

Beast = More Powerful, accurate, and faster hits.

My suggestion: Pre-buff skeles (as in summon them) with Arm and then switch back to beast. They will retained their mods as when summoned and then gain beast fant.

So both!

~Kbob

5. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

CAIN SHARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has FHR, life and mana

Beast could be good if you can get the timing right (when to shift out to tele and curse)

6. Roach

Roach IncGamers Member

I'm actually trying to figure this out my self, my problem is that I can't really prebuff my skeletons considering I have a CTA as my weapon switch.

Also with Beast and your current set up you will have 16 of each skeleton. With Leoric you will have about 18 warriors and 17 mages, if you have CTA to BO your skeletons then even with Leoric you will lose the 2 warriors and one of the mages making your army still 16 of each. The only difference is that the Skeletons will have a little more life and do approx 900 damage instead of 720 assuming that you battle command before rasing your army. If not then your skeletons will do 870 with Leoric and 680 with Beast (Not including aura) without Battle command.

So now the question is, Does Fanat being up the damage to the same as the Leoric build or more. I believe that if the Beast even gets close to the 900 damage that the Leoric build uses its a winner because it also increases attack speed of the skeletons making them hit faster meaning more damage over all.

Level 9 Fanat... Radius 12.5 Yards, Party damage increase 93%, Your Damage increase 186%, Attack speed increase 29%, AR increase 80%.

A level 43 Skeleton with 45 Mastery (BO, Beast) has a Damage of 750, with 280% increase in ED, the Mastery increases damage by 90%. So the skeleton has a 370% ED boost to its normal damage of 202 at level 43.

280 + 90 + 93(Fanat) = 463%
    463% x 202 = 935 Damage.

So the skeleton actually does more damage then the Leoric and does it faster. This isn't even considering that the Might Aura is giving a much higher ED at level 85 the merc has a level 25 Might aura giving 280% ED so thats something like 1.5k damage.

At this point I would say go with the Beast Weapon until someone comes along and disproves all my math.

:clap: