Summoner needs advice for finalizing his development

Eshu

Diabloii.Net Member
Summoner needs advice for finalizing his development

Ok I know there are many guides to read and learn etc. but I can not decide what to do further with my summoner character (whom I very much like in his current condition)

He's at Hell - mid of act 1
lvl 79 with two skill points in stock.
maxed CE, RS and SM;
given 5 ranks or so to SR;
given 1 rank to all curses except iron maiden, life tap and LR.
gone down in the right summoning tree and given Revive 8-9 ranks or so.

His items currently give +3 to all skills and an additional +2 / +3 to RS and SM respectively.

what to do now?

poison or bone spells would be useless for I could not afford their synergies.
increasing the curses' ranks is even more useless. (I really do not need a duration or radius increase)

Skeleton Mages?
I've read in most places that they are useless.
Yet maybe they may come handy for those PI monsters who stubbornly endure even after Amplify Damage?

Revive?
This much Revives seem accurate.
Is it not so? I mostly leave them behind to disappear after a bloody combat. I do not have Enigma yet.

LR?
Is it feasible to buy those prerequisites to give it a rank?

or something.. other?

thanks already.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Summoner needs advice for finalizing his development

Personally, I think you've put too many points in summon resist and revive. One each should do it. Since you're level 79, it's probably too late to restart. If you had those points, I would suggest you max mages, but now I would say no. You can put the rest into golem mastery to get an aura golem, which is especially useful for a summoner. Bone armor won't do much good unless you're a bonemancer (since you'll have too little points). After you've maxed golem mastery you'll have too few points to make good use of mages, so you can put the rest in summon resist, amplify damage, revive (but I wouldn't suggest it), or any other curse you use.

Rawness

Diabloii.Net Member

1pt revive. 1pt, I wouldn't really put any more points than 1 in summon resist... if you weren't going for uber tristram.
I'd 1pt every curse, nothing more - Dim vision is pretty much the only thing you'd want to put any more points into - but as you've spent alot of your points already, i'd dissuade any points into that.
Skeleton mages are useful, they can 1. Slow your enemy, 2. Stop enemy healing and give a quiet hefty damage punch.

XavTeo

Diabloii.Net Member

How do you get an aura golem?

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

How do you get an aura golem?
by turning some item that grants an aura into an Iron Golem.

insight and infinity golems are pretty choice if you can afford them.

downside is: you lose the ability to recast your golem to a more advantageous position. oh and, if the golem dies, you lose your itam.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, that's why you raise golem mastery so they become invincible, except to poofing that is. For a summoner, I don't think reposistioning your golem is that important. You have enough tanks as it is.

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member

I like mages too, but without an enigma, they can get in the way, and their damage is not focused. Thier damage goes up with lvl in raise skeleton mage, so I wouldn't put any points in them unless you could max them, otherwise they will be weaker.

I wouldn't put any more into revive, especially since you can't 'tele' the ones that you have, and you just let them poof.

Your best bet with the points that you have left is either Dim Vision, or bone armor/synergies.

If you go Bone armor just put 1pt in it and the rest in bone wall/prison

MasterMynd

Diabloii.Net Member

I agree with Numty. You've got the offensive skills pretty much maxed. Now just start pushing the defensive skills - DV and BA (via BW synergies).