Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

summoner necro q's

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by stemis516, Feb 6, 2004.

1. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

summoner necro q's

well i have a lvl 51 summoner currently tryin to solo act2 nm

i have max skele/mastery and seem to be doing fine so far with a might merc

my question(s) are about what to max after those two main skills...im leaning towards maxing or getting a really high lvl CE good idea???

i was thinking of pumping bone wall for bone armor synergy good idea???

other than that what else can should i max??? get marrowalk and go with bone spear??? or maybe max a golem??
    any help would be appreciated

also this is just a future question...if everything goes according to plan with this guy i wanna run baal and the pit...im assuming its hard to take down baal in hell since i dont have huge dmg so whast the best way to take down huge bosses like baal in hell??? only thing ive heard is get a uniq thresher for merc...any other ways??? what works for u???

thanks

2. SkaMan

SkaMan IncGamers Member

Get a decent level AMP, so that you can get a fair sized pack of nasties in one hit. I chose to max CE, because it is the fastest way to take down packs, including boss packs (1 minion falls, and the rest go from there :D). Revive is good to put a few points into, but personally I wouldn't max it.

After maxing CE, I have been putting all my spare points into bonewall for its bone armour synergy. It's nice being able to take a hit from might enchanted pindle and have your red bulb almost untouched :D.

Don't put the unique thresher on your merc. That weapon's greatest attribute is the % to cast decrep, which is useless to a necro that can cast decrep/amp/LR at will! When your merc starts overriding your curses you will see what I mean :p . A much better option would be bonehew (eth if possible) for a very fast, high damage merc, or the hone sundan with its 45% crushing...

My necro follows this mould, and he has no problem at all clearing the pit, or any other area of the game for that matter.

3. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

Ok since no one else is helping you out here I will try my best, even though I have only made 1 necro in 1.10. If you can get ahold of some marrows then go ahead and max bone wall, but here is where personal preference comes in. I like to max bone spear because of its low mana cost. But if you can afford to spam spirits then go ahead and max spirit. If you do not feel like getting marrows then takeing down Baal solo will take longer but if you equip your merc with some CB it will go allot quicker. I have 1 pt. base in CE myself but it seems most get lvl 10 base. Anyways if you go the bone tree your bone armor will be able to absorb near 1k dmg which is very nice to have :).

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Very few times will a max CE, estmated 23-33 or more with +skills ever be used full, but a lvl 5-15 with +skills will always full be used. If you were running cows max CE is very nice, but as for things like the pit and running minions and Baal there are very few places that are 10 yards wide which is about the range of lvl 20-23 CE.

Now I have had max CE, and it is VERY nice when used but in todays game with everything being done in mainly tight spaces you can use 10-15 hard points in something else besides CE.

I personally use a lvl 1-3 CE on all 3 of my Necros and that is boosted by 3-5 +skills depending on which one you look at. I have no problem CEing Most of the time. Yes there are situations where I would like to have a bigger CE, but i would rather have maxed Spirit or Spear, and pump Wall or Prison for very good Armor than have that hughe CE for its 1-3% actually usable time.

5 hard points in CE can easily be lvl 10-15 CE and that IIRC is like 4-7 yards. 2-3 extra CEs vs maxed CE is the only difference. Same goes with our Amp. Amp never gets better with more points it just takes less casts to cover the screen. A lvl 5-10 Amp can cover the screen in 2-4 casts easy, and lvl 5-10 CE can also be had with simply only 1 point invested.

Now with all this said, do as you wish. The Skellies will do the work, big AMp, Big CE wont hurt anything, but IMO its much more usefull to have those points in other areas.

5. BtK-radth

BtK-radth IncGamers Member

my necro that was damn near indestrucatlbe, until i walked past my minoins though doom knights in worldstone because i thought i was super man.
    anyway
    max skeelies, mastery, bone prison (synergy to bs and bone armor)
    get like 14 in ce with +skills (more bang for ur corpses)
    like 10 in revive wit +skills
    also, i relly suggest getting thorns, because people likle lister take more dmg when tehy attack than from skeelies wit might.
    also, baal is damn near inmossible as a nec solo.
    when i hit 90 i was starting to put spare points into lr to make things easier for the sorc's i was usually partied with.

6. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

My build, currently rocking hell:
    Summoning Tree
    SM: Max
    RS: Max
    Mages: 1 pt (10 with +skills)
    Revives: 1 pt (10 with +skills)
    CG: 1pt
    BG: 1pt
    IG: 1pt
    FG: 5pt (optional)
    Golem Mastery: 1 pt
    Summon resist: 1 pt

Poison / Bone Tree
    no points in poison skills
    CE: 5 pts
    BA: 1 pt
    BW: 1 pt
    BP: Max

Curses
    All curses 1 pt
    LR: 5 pts
    DV: 5-10 pts

All curses are at 11 and DV at 16, LR at 16 with +skills.
    I would advise against maxing CE, unless you plan on doing cows. I also would advise against maxing bone wall, unless you're planning on exploiting the marrow walk bug. Instead max bone prison, much more usefull. Good luck.

7. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

After playing with anubisxy's neckro i am more a fan of dv. He uses it in all but physical immune situations, and where one might not kill as quick watching all critters just stand their while one hacks away is an amazing sight.

8. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

ok thanks for the help guys

ill probably wont max CE and get some bone spear if i can...maybe go with marrowalks if i can come across a pair
    but since everyone here that posted mentioned using amp and no one mentioned using decrep this brings up a question....i always thought decrep was better than amp and amp was only used to take down phys immunes??? is this correct or have i been led astray????

and ya i had an eth perfect bonehew but it was on a non burned mule so back when i quit for 1.5 months i lost it...man i wish i had that thing back again, but i guess iull just go with upgraded yari....which reminds me...i cant seem to remember but for the breakpoint its shael shael amn right/???? or is it only 1 shael???

9. AnubisXy

Situational. I use decrep and amp depending on situation. DV everything, good for those shaman packs in act1, and selectively use decrep against small groups at a time, since the radius is so small (4yards), this way you can keep everything blind (stops shaman from raising fallen) and still and take out small groups at a time. In other situations AMP is faster, rule of thumb, if your minions/skellies are taking damage use decrep, all other situations use amp, as it's faster. Amp is better for CE. Decrep + clay golem is quite a sight against boss mobs, they move in slow motion. Decrep also very good against extra fast mods.

10. madman68

madman68 IncGamers Member

That's one heck of an EL collector you have there.

|madman68

11. AnubisXy

That's not funny =[
    I got a Pul last night BTW, go me.

12. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I have Decrep always ready and nail pack swith this initially which allows my minions to surrond or engage, then I go to Amp more of the time. As stated above if it a nasty offensive pack I may stay decrep.

Decrep as an over all skill is far supireor to Amp but Amp is stil the fast killer. Even lower resists at times is good with CE. Extra strong guys not FI can be hurt easier with LR and CE that with AMP /CE. Remember CE is fire and physical so there are two damages you can increase if you wish.