Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summoner Merc Dilemma

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by xNamastex, Sep 29, 2006.

1. xNamastex

xNamastex IncGamers Member

Summoner Merc Dilemma

For my summoner's Might merc, I don't know whether to use Pride or Infinity. Is the conc. aura (lvl 18) more beneficial than the conviction (reduces target defense and resists). I plan to have some skelly mages in my army as I have enigma to help there - i know Infinity will assist Smages greatly. Will Infinity also help elemental damage on Revives as well (ie. souls, cold mages, etc..)?

He will have an eth Bramble and an Ummed Andys as base.

2. jag

jag IncGamers Member

Think pride would be more effective --

If monsters are elemental immune - skelly warriors kill them faster with pride -- since infinity wont affect physical immunes, wont help mages on them.

Mages overall arent really alot of your damage -- the infinity wouldnt make that much of a difference for them. Only thing on infinity thats handy for the merc would be the crushing blow.

3. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

better than either by far is a faith on a rogue merc.... ias + ed vs plain ed on the pride. she wont die to IM, and wont get hit much because she hangs back and shoots. only downside is you lose the second aura from act 2 merc, but that shouldnt be a problem depending on what kind of act 2 merc u use

4. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

I think that Might together with either concentration or conviction would be better then just fanatism. That's just me though.

5. munchkins

it depends whether you want pure damge or fast but slightly less dmg... someone should test the difference.. another option is beast, pride, and might merc:prop:

6. xNamastex

I thought Fanat. aura only improves IAS of the owner of the aura and not the party??? The %ED to party is pathetic compared to conc.

7. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

both have some nice benefits that will help your whole army, alltho some might argue the point.

i tried something different for my summoner. i put infinty on my merc which helps my skellies to hit (by lowering enemy defense) and helps my mages do more damage (by lowering enemy resistance).

i put pride on my necro. think i'm crazy? well some might not agree with it but this is what it does. basically you have the concentration arua. this will help your army in basically 2 ways.

1st is it will increase damage of your melee guys.

2nd the 20% uninterupted attack helps everyone (mages, skels, golems, merc, other party members etc...)

8. munchkins

hm ya the ed on faith is a bit low... second choice would be infinity for me becuse i like using mages. infinity if you are a mage user and pride if you are more melee based

9. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Certainly not the case. I love it when partied with a zealot/smiter with a melee character, the IAS bonus is sweet. Might/Pride/Beast is certainly the most powerful combination, but it's up to you whether you'd prefer the single aura in the Faith rogue.

10. Bigru

Bigru IncGamers Member

remember, corpse explosion is half fire half physical, so infinity boosts the fire part of this, also crushing blow and good damage on your merc comes in handy.
    i recomend using beast with a might merc with infinity and bramble, and if your real tricky a insight iron golem :).

cheers

bigru

11. xNamastex

Exactly what I am going to do. Any tips on how to keep my Iron golem alive longer I have gone through 2 insights already.

Thx

12. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Max out Golem mastery, Prebuff him at the highest possible level (use +3 summon ammy/circ/etc) and be cautious about your golem's life bar. If you see it dropping, get the hell outta there. Life tap wont work so well, since his damage is mediocre at best.

13. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

this is prolly a bad idea but like..y doesnt anyone use A3 marcs...y...i dont really know..just bc they can hold a shield -_- yea nvm bad idea...ok getting real....pride,bramble might merc...use aokl....switch to beast...the extra ias on faith isnt reall all that helpful ull only get to the 13th ias breakpoint anyways both ways...sooo let ur merc give all ur skellies enough +% dam its like 2 forts...then add some with the beast + the ias brings ur skellies to the next BP...and ur skelleis have a high enough % chance to hit anyways..more is overkill...ha...funny...OMG i just realized theres a spell chacker on here...its on the top right hand side of this quick reply thing...-_-...but am way to lazy to use it :D and 4 the conviction aura..meh its ok....unless u max mages...u didnt make ur fishymancer 4 mages...u made it 4 skellies...soo foget about them theyre fine...the only mages u need dont matter about dam...cold...slows...and psn...4 no health regen...i think...but theres my view on it...plz dont kill me 4 it ; D

14. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

I have a strong preference to infinity. Simply put, when you actually add up the dmg, pride doesnt come that far ahead. Then you have to account for all the times the skeles will miss because they dont have that extra -86% enemy defense and how much less dmg your CE and mages will do. Pride also has 2 very negative side effects, 1: The +3 freeze on pride is AWFUL, freeze=shattered corpse EVERY time, so you will need an alternate method to provide your first corpse and need to rely on your skeles staying alive longer because there will be a drastic shortage in corpses. 2: Pride has a "hit blinds target" mod = awful. This mod will constantly override your curses. Infinity also has higher dmg and 40% crushing blow. Makes bosses and your mercs killing speed that much faster. INFINITY FTW