Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summoner Expensive Gear

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by TheMaverickPoet, Feb 1, 2004.

1. TheMaverickPoet

TheMaverickPoet IncGamers Member

Summoner Expensive Gear

Hello :D ! I'm a long time reader, first time poster on these forums. I've been researching skelliemancers for awhile now and have read all the guides about them and that sort of thing. I have nothing against twinking, and my current lvl 35 skelliemancer is heavily tweaked. I have a friend who runs Baal runs for 4 hours a day with 500%+ MF, so I tend to get his extra drops. I'm not nearly as hardcore about it as him, but I was trying to plan out today what I wanted my final gear to be. This is what I came up with, I was wondering what other people think:

Helm- Crown of Ages
    Armor- Enigma
    Weapon- Leorics Arm
    Shield- Humonculous
    Belt- Arachnid Mesh
    Gloves- Trang-Oul’s
    Boots- Marrowwalk (not for the bug, I won't exploit that, they just seem the best overall)
    Amulet- Mara’s Kaliedescope
    Ring 1- Bul Katho’s Wedding Band
    Ring 2- Stone of Jordan

I know a lot of equipment choice depends on your individual build, so here is my plan for building this character. I'm going the standard skelliemancer route, maxing RS and SM. I'm also going to max CE eventually. I have a single point in each curse, I may add to them later if I need to, but I have plenty of +skill, so it's not a large concern. That layout will carry me past level 60, I'll see where I want to go from there. If I'm having trouble with damage I may invest in poison nova, or I may just put more points into my minions through Summon Resist. I may also just add to my curses, Im not sure yet. I have also never really MFed before, so if anyone has an optimal MF setup, I'd be interested to hear. Thank you very much!

2. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

The build sounds great. The equipments can take you 2 years to collect if untwinked. Here's my build and I find it very effective

Max SM, RS, CE
    5 in Lower Resist, 5 in Dim Vision
    4 in Revives, 3 in Summon Resist

I heard 350% MF is kinda the optimal. Never knew why. I have 150% MF now, and on average one unique/set drops for every two Pit runs.

3. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

You want the best build that is the most expensive EVER? My commando is the most pricey build. It's a sticky on this forum. If you didn't want to make it melee, you can. Then it's just an auramancer, but this would be by far the best//pricey build:

Shako (Crown is a Melee Helm... maybe I'll get one for Commando some day)
    Enigma
    Arachnids Mesh
    Homunculus
    Beast Caddy, Zerker, anything really. The fant is better overall then that damage from the + skills of Arm. Also, they attack faster and have more AR to hit more AND no annoying bone prisons that arm has when struck :xx: .
    Wisp Projector
    Soj
    Mara's
    Marrowwalks (+2)
    Trangs Gloves
    Arachnids Mesh

SwitchL
    Call to Arms
    Lidless Wall

Might Merc
    Crown of Ages
    Bramble Armor
    Doom Polearm or BotD Polearm

10x Summoning charms of Vita
    Annihilus
    9x +20 life//+5 res all Small Charms

~Kbob

4. TheMaverickPoet

Hmm, thanks for the replies. I was thinking best equipment for my build, not necessarily most expensive. Expensive just meaning if rarity wasn't any issue and you could have any equipment you desired. But yeah, I'm trying to get the best possible summoner equipment, not really Necro in general. Thanks!

5. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

My suggestion is still a very good and powerful summoner. VERY powerful.

~Kbob

6. TheMaverickPoet

Hey, I looked over your suggestion more. We have really similar set-ups, but I was just wondering about some of your choices. The Wisp ring is good, but after it's charges are gone its inferior to Bul Kathos, so it's kind of a limited time ring. And as far Shako, I definitely think you're right. Looking over it again, the Str requirement for the Crown is waaaay too high and Shako is probly better overall. I just liked the 30% resistance on the Crown. But yeah, I agree on that one. And I was just confused about "Beast Caddy, Zerker, anything really." I understand you mean the Beast Runeword, but I don't know what Caddy or Zerker are, sorry. I'm ignorant about a lot of things, Im semi-new to the game. If you could clarify thought that would be cool, thank you.

7. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Caddy = Caduceus
    Zerker = Bezerker Axe

If you make or aqcuire a beast ever, it should be in an elite, one handed weapon (Paladin scepters, axes)

Yes, wisp is a bad choice.

Um the Shako for the best results

~Kbob

8. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

To Thekbob,

I wonder if ENIGMA is ever possible to collect if untwinked. No offense. Just to say it shouldn't be recommended to players who don't have a lot of free times.

9. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Mmm yeah

I have played for 2 years so I have back logged wealth to cover such expenses.

I have 2 Enigmas, 1 Chains, 1 Bramble, 2x Call to Arms, Beast Caddy, Heart of the Oak Flail, Crescent Moon Balrog Blade and many Stones.

See the post Cerebrum made on how I feel people can get runewords.

~Kbob

10. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

A wisp ring would be fine for the various spirit charges. Gold never is really in short supply.