Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summoner CE duel with Nihlathak

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by pliu, Oct 11, 2006.

1. pliu

pliu Banned

Summoner CE duel with Nihlathak

I read some threads suggest that use Nature's Peace Ring to prevent Nihlathak to use CE and better not use CE on Nihlathak. But I found out that CE duel with Nihlathak work fine for me. I just tele to the U space area where Nihalthak located and stand in the middle of the narrow passage between the square block and the side wall and begin CE from upper end of the passage all way down to the middle of the Nihalthak room. Normally Nihalthak will die before I see him. Anyone try this before?

2. xNamastex

xNamastex IncGamers Member

I tele to back of his platform, cast amp and then CE spam like mad. Kills him everytime.

3. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Yeah, i read a dkey summoner guide that told me not to engage nilathak in a CE duel... i did, and its awesome. I just tele to the side or back of his platform, let merc get first kill and spam CE. Poor nilatahk doesnt have a chance, whole run takes about 20-30 seconds. Makes it redundant to run for anything else. :rolleyes:

4. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

my summoner does just fine without ce duel with nika nika :shocked:

swapping to natures peace when entering the last lvl, tele to nika nika, amp everything + let the army do 1 kill, ce it and its almost all over .. only real thing that pisses me off is are those vipers cause they get my merc 'too oftent'

running out of gold when running dia/nika nika/baal (im+vipers+chance of im). damned monsters, they only need to die and drop good stuf :cloud9:

5. I-bring-realm-down

I-bring-realm-down Banned

I just use a shot of lifetap in the beginning and merc never dies :)

6. MrNecro

MrNecro Banned

Dudes...

It is not nilathak where I am afraid of. It are the VIPERS and huge massive magic from those *****es. Vipers> *****es. So it totally depends on the concentration of monsters. A high concentration is one in 10 i think.

Second: I dont want to have my merc in a hit recovery lock. So I prefer to place my merc outside this huge group of monsters.

And of course not: natures peace is almost the most stupid thing you can do.

And btw: Use infinity + amp + coh + andy for your merc. THAT ROCKS even more. :)

7. Kaos Necros

Kaos Necros IncGamers Member

what i do is just blow the corpses that are near me away first seeing as my CE has a massive radius it protects me and owns nihlthak in no time. Hes always dead before i see him :D Natures peace is not a good option lol :p

8. MrNecro

MrNecro Banned

yeah but te vipers are still hard. If you have a hard time to keep your merc alive you can do the following:

Vipres do 30 physical damage per frame . So if you use 3 sol runes in ahelm it would make your merc survive

9. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Off topic: Whenever I see vipers, I'll switch characters and bring in the vita fury wolf. He's pretty much immune to the whole thing and simply needs to rush in and smash everything. It's pretty amusing, it's the only character that I've been able to play that can run through the vipers and all and do just fine. My necro hates the vipers, my friends all play pallies and they quit the game.

Good luck and Good Hunting,
    Kirah

10. zenithsmith

zenithsmith IncGamers Member

I'm so confused by this, i was under the impression that with natures peace on, you cant CE them either ( Note: i Never use any RIP on any Char ever, no idea why but i don't)

11. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Nope, RIP only works if your the killer (ie. a spell of melee attack, NOT minions), so once your minions kill a monster, you CE it to kill other monsters, which cant be CE'ed. Its a method of controlling the amount of CE corpses avialable. I strongly prefer the CE mad duel over this method though.