Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summoner build with left over points..

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Grobyc, May 13, 2005.

1. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Summoner build with left over points..

I have a level 75 summon necromancer my skills, stats and equipments are as followed...

20 Skeleton Warrior
    20 Skeleton Mastery
    6 Revive
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Summon Resist
    1 Amplify
    1 into all skills leading into Decrepify
    1 Corpse Explosion
    1 Bone Armor

118 Strength
    base dex
    105 Vitality
    base energy

Head: +3 Summons, 30% faster r/w Coronet
    Amulet: resistance - still looking for a +3 Summon one or a teleport one
    Weapon: Arm of King Leoric
    Armor: Trang armor (for the +2 summon)
    Shield: resistance - looking for Homunculous
    Gloves: Frostburns
    Belt: Nightsmoke - Arachnid Mesh when/if I find one
    Boots: Marrowalk
    Rings: nothing really here to mention

So I'm still missing out some gears to maximize this guy's summon skills, but aside from that, I have about 20 skill points left over and I don't know where to put it. I could either split it between Amplify and Corpse Explosion or I could throw it into Skeletal Mages. My Revives right now have enough, I usually can't summon all 13 (after plus skills) of them.

I was leaning toward the side of Skeletal Mages because I already maxed out Skeleton Mastery, but on the other hand, I'm not using Lower Resist to assist them. What do you guys think?

2. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

mages suck big time, so ur probably better of putting points in CE and maybe widen ur range of some curses u frequently use

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If you are already using a lot of Revives, SKeleton Mages will just be a nuiscance and block your skellies/revives....Also Skeleton Mages without Lower Resist is a no-no.

I'd say Corpse Explosion...Maxed CE should be quite fun. Curses tend to do okay with 1 point and some +skills, and don't cost much mana so can be recasted at your leisure.

4. rubberband shooter

rubberband shooter IncGamers Member

Mages' damage might be a bit on the low side without lower resist, having a average damage of 820 with 20 points both in skeleton mastery and skeleton mage (excluding poison mages, their damage is just too low)(Also, mages do 940 damage on average if you just count fire and lightning mages). But it is actually not much lower than skeleton warriors with amplify damage (1248 with 8 skeletons at 20/20). Thus, mages actually help in the killing. Not to mention that they are also a help in taking down unbreakable physical immunies.

Also, don't forget that mages are good extra meat(bone) shields.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to factor in the might aura from the merc for skeleton damage. They actually do 2248 damage with a level 15 might aura (level 75 merc). but my point still stand that mages do enough damage to help.

As I had explained above, skeleton mages are a viable option.

Corpse explosion is also a good option. Unlike what some may think, the increased range actually helped.

You can also try maxing dim vision. It may seems to be just a safety choice, but it actually speed up killing. A maxed dim vision will shut down enemies before they can even react (triggering their AI), allowing your skeletons to concentrate on a smaller portion of the enemy with amplify damage, instead of them running all over the place like they usually do.

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm both trains of thought have good points - maxing CE or mages. However i had done previous snooping around at AS and according to tables provided a lvl 30/30 mages/mastery does rather ok dmg in hell and i agree they would not only help in killing speed but provide additional meat shields. Another function is to handle PI superuniqs which amp dmg curse could not break immunity. Putting a point in Lower Resist for backup/party play isn't a bad idea i feel :D Also i have just a point in mages and lvl 33 mastery and just now i employed 6 mages for kicks doing mf baal run with bone/summon neco and the cold ones chill him and baal becomes immobilised with clay+deceprify hehe. For ring slots bahamuts ring could spawn with 100 mana and maybe use a dwaftstar for life and fire absorb? With your str a Credendum belt offers more resists and +stats than Nightsmoke so they could be an option. Lastly 118str+tgods+20str marrows allows you to equip a 'Spirit' Monarch and gives you some lighning absorb too :p Hope i helped :D

6. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

I usually max SW, SM, Mages and CE for a summoner. One point in revives is usually enough. With points in the right hand side of the curses to decrep and one point in the golems, excluding fire, as well as GM and SR you will have your build completely finished by lvl 82.

Everything after that is extra so go ahead and dump those points into dim vision or anything else you want to play with.

One thing not mentioned so far with mages has to do with the fact that they interrupt enemy attack sequences. Doing damage is great, meat shields are fantastic, but keeping your enemy from being able to attack is just another great benefit.

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

My votes on more summons. CE at 1-5 does just fine. The advantage of having 20 in it is that the radius will be more likely to attract monsters from off screen to the big pile of bodies you're already standing over, but 20 in mages will net you that first kill a lot faster and the poison/ice mages do you a huge service against bosses in Hell by slowing and preventing healing for a really long duration.

8. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

Get golem, and be more specfic, an iron golem. Max out iron golem and golem mastery.