Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

summonancer:what to get after raise skele/skele mastery if

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by olddangerfield, Oct 21, 2010.

1. olddangerfield

olddangerfield Diabloii.Net Member

summonancer:what to get after raise skele/skele mastery

Ok so I was thinking about my skelemancer in hardcore and was wondering what i should get after raise skeleton and skeleton mastery? I want to put points into the skills that would most help me survive in hell hardcore.

I was thinking about either putting them into:

bone armor
    clay golem/golem mastery
    summon resist.

What is the lvl for diminishing returns for summon resist? And also which skill should i get if i want my golem to be able to have as much health as possible? Does clay golem or golem mastery add more to the clay golem's health? Also would it be worth it if i put 10+ points into bone armor?

thanks

2. Qwink

Qwink Diabloii.Net Member

Re: summonancer:what to get after raise skele/skele mastery

Summon resist is really essential to help your summons survive elemental attacks. A few points in clay golem/mastery also helps a lot. The golem wont do any damage but he is a great tank and slows enemies. Revive is also very nice to have. Just put one point into it and let +skills do the rest.
    I dont think bone armor is worth it. You're never really gonna get hit if you play correct. The only thing you have to fear is elemental attacks (gloams anyone?). I really recommend putting 20 points in corpse explosion. It can kill group of baddies very fast.

3. blazon

blazon Diabloii.Net Member

The only skills that help a necro survive - aside from summons - are bone armor/wall/prison, dim vision, confuse and attract. Bone armor is obvious: blocks physical damage. The rest are crowd control skills.

Dim vision can work wonders on gloams because of the huge radius on the skill. You can cast it on the edge of the screen and end up blinding lots of enemies that you can't even see yet. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O8xFvZ6npM). At level 20, its radius is over 15 yards with a 45 second duration.

Summon resist is not worth skilling past level 1. The diminishing returns starts hitting hard around slvl 6. Just put one point and let your +skills do the rest. If your skel dies, summon another.

Golem mastery is the +hp skill, but I think it's another 1 point and let the +skills up it. The only time I use CG is to slow a boss and since I don't need a corpse to recast it, who cares if it dies? The only point of beefing up golems to me is if you are making an iron golem out of something ridiculous like Beast.

After maxing skels and skel mastery and CE on my summoners, I usually go for revives and mages just because having a huge army is fun to me, but I play softcore. If I did HC, I'd strongly consider heavily investing in dim vision - if not maxing it - before I even got CE.

4. olddangerfield

thanks for the responses guys,

blazon: I thought that dim vision was one of those one-hit wonder skills? With plus skills I should have a +9 to any skill I put into. I'm split over going with bone armor or golem mastery/clay golem. Having a huge tank as a golem helps a lot with bosses, and that's what my necro will primarily be used for, as a magic find/survival necro.

5. blazon

You don't need a lot of beef on your clay golem though. If he dies, you recast him. I've solo'd bosses with my CG getting one-shot, but I recast him. CG, decrep, CG, CG, decrep, CG, decrep, CG, CG, decrep, dead boss.

I've played multiple fishys and the only time I died to something other than a dumb mistake was getting hammered from an off the screen ranged attack. Gloams or the spear throwers in act 5 (damn pierce) or something like that. Dim Vision owns that. And while it's true that the curse itself doesn't necessarily get stronger with more skill points, the point in skilling it is the massive radius of it. It can stop those annoying off the screen 100% pierce ranged attacks from ripping you apart.

6. olddangerfield

Ok I think ive decided to go with bone armor, yes dim vision is nice but so is attract, and attract doesn't necessarily need to be that big of a radius anyways. I have a bunch of +skills so essentially every skill i invest into a curse I get a +15 skill bonus into that curse.

7. blazon

That's fine too. I wasn't really trying to argue against bone armor as much as I was arguing against summon resist and cg/golem mastery :)

Good luck.

8. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

I don't even bother reading other posts :p

1p in all summons (Firegolem can be left out), max skeleton related (Warriors, mastery, mages)
    1p in curses and max corpse explosion (last, after skeletons maxed)

Not maxing or at least investing 15 points in corpse explosion is like not spending a point in teleport for a sorceress.

Spend a couple of points in dim vision if you like, but it works even with one point. (Inb4 zarniwooper rants about maxing this :p) Make good use of confuse.

1p in bone armor is good enough, golems work fine with 1p (you're using clay golem 99% of the time anyways, unless you have a spare insight to spend on Iron Golem. Still, one point is enough on them.)
    Bone wall is one point wonder, too.
    Bone spear can be taken so you can have fun while your merc / skeletons kill or there are no corpses yet to blow.

Rest (late clvl 80's) points may go to revive. It's good enough @ lv one anyways.
    /Thread

9. olddangerfield

this isn't softcore

/reponse

10. blazon

Actually, one other thing to mention if you go to bone armor route:

+15 points absorb per level of the synergy versus +10 points absorb per level of Bone Armor.

11. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

Well, the build hardly differs on hardcore. Maybe spend some points on dim vision if you are scared of souls.

12. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow Diabloii.Net Member

Do you have gear for this guy? I play SC and I got maxed Mages, 1 in every curse, only 1 in Bone Armor, and I never die. Max block with Homunculus, 75 resists. I find 1 in Dim Vision to be enough.