Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summon & Switch Question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by pacifickarma, Nov 3, 2006.

1. pacifickarma

pacifickarma IncGamers Member

Summon & Switch Question

If I summon my Grizzly or Wolves using a HOTO and Spirit shield and then switch to a bow, will my summons retain the +4 prebuff? Or will they revert to whatever level they would be with the bow equipped?

2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

As a general rule, all summons have the traits they were summoned with until they die or get replaced.

So yes, the prebuff stays.

3. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

in druids its true, but dont generalize so quickly.

necromancers skellies. if summoned with leoric and +3summon DF then switched to beast+homonc the extras go poof!

4. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Yes, the "extras" go poof due to skill limits, but the remaining Skeletons still have the same effects they were summoned with, that is the +8 R.Skeleton, and the +8 Skel.Mastery (the +8 does not reduce to +2 once you switch to Beast+Homunculus).

Which agrees with my original statement: The remaining Skeleton Warriors continue to have the traits they were summoned with (ie the extra +AR, +Life, +Dmg, etc that came from the +8). My original statement only mentions traits, nothing which quantifies the number of available summons.

5. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

$5 says the bow in question is an Edge...or a Widow (just in case he's the one person that actually makes a Hunter...). I'm gonna be sad if it's harmony...or faith...

Also, more On Topic: I can't think of any summon where the pre-buff dies with a weapon switch...if you get the skill from an item, then switch, i.e. using Harmony to summon a Valk, the summon will die once the item is gone (same applies with things like Oak Sage from HotO and so on).

6. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

The valk wouldnt dissapear would it? I always thought that oskills gained would stick even after bow is gone (ie. BO) since it is an actual skill and not a charge.

7. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

The Valk will dissapear, after a short while. I know since I myself play a hunter with a Harmony-bow.

*Waits to hear Nyax weep. Or laugh....*

BTW I put my Hunter on hold after getting to Hell. It was a fun ride, but started to get slower, much slower. That said I had an easier time then with my Were-bear.

8. pacifickarma

pacifickarma IncGamers Member

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I'm going to be trying my hand at a Hunter. I've been thinking of making one for a long time, and I'm finally going to do it. The plan is to summon minions and switch to a Kuko, then Buriza, then Hellmouth bow. Thanks for the tips! :thumbsup:

9. swevev

swevev IncGamers Member

i use harmony too.. and

I use an act 1 merc with faith...works quite well actually- -i wanted to be able to raise the valk so im using harmony- the merc hits alot more than i do , so i get the unded helpers from her bow too.... i was thinking stone too so i can summon the clay golem. or when i hit 81 metalgrid and do an iron... dunno we'll see 10 more lvls til then, what are some other items that allow summons? would be cool to get an assasin helper...

hell is hard