"summon resists" question

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
"summon resists" question

I have a most likely easy question: When is summon resists applied? Is the amount of resist taken when a summon is created (and thus it is worth to have summon resists on prebuff equip) or is it applied everytime a summon is hit and takes the values the skill has at that moment?

Thanks,
Cormallon

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
It is applied when the summons is created/summoned...just like skeleton mastery. So you can prebuff with Arm Of King Leoric and such.

Never really thought about that cormallon, but i suppose it does make sense to be applied with skele mastery ie: when it is summoned.

Nautilus

Diabloii.Net Member
I've never really worried about the resistances of my necro's summoned army. I'm just working with the idea that they're all disposable anyway.

Belfast says: "Go ahead, kill them all. It doesn't matter if you kill them... again. I'll just use you to fill up my legion."

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
I think you really need summon resists...Otherwise serious elemental attackers are going to smoke your army. 1 point is usually sufficient, but you really need that 1 point. I've only had my army crumble twice...once was a fanatiscism Lister and the other was the council guys by Mephist and some Blood Lords with conviction...ouch.

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you all, so the consensus is that it is prebuffable and applied when creating the summon. Good.

I'm not using a large army but a single golem, that makes the resists far more important for me. If the golem is dead I'm without a tank and distraction, and that is bad in HC ;) Now I need to find a wand + head with +3 GM / +3 SR / +3 CG / +3 IG , hehe.