Summon Resists-Hell

taranny

Diabloii.Net Member
Summon Resists-Hell

Haven't played for a long time and I wanted to know does the difficulty affect your skellies/golems resists, as the way I see it most creeps have about -40 resists even with a high level +s.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
1 pt is usually enough in Summon Resist (with a decent amount of +skills), and YES you will find a big difference in your summons' survivability in hell.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Summons do not have their resistances reduced based on difficulty like Players and Mercs do. In fact, not only do summons not suffer from the -40/-100 penalty in higher difficulty levels, but summons ALSO don't have a maximum resistance cap. If you party up with a Salvation Paladin, all of your summons will become entirely elementally immune. It's pretty cool.

taranny

Diabloii.Net Member
Summons do not have their resistances reduced based on difficulty like Players and Mercs do. In fact, not only do summons not suffer from the -40/-100 penalty in higher difficulty levels, but summons ALSO don't have a maximum resistance cap. If you party up with a Salvation Paladin, all of your summons will become entirely elementally immune. It's pretty cool.
thanks for the help dude, this cleared everything up nicely

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
Never tried that, and I can't atm because my comp died. all summons entirely immune to eles? not too sure about that...

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm...... That got me thinking. Once your skeles are immune, does attempting to break it subject to the 1/5 penalty? Say for example. You got a bunch of salvationed skeles on meph, does his conviction work 1/5 effectiveness (and presumably will never break it, making them literally immortal vs meph).

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Never tried that, and I can't atm because my comp died. all summons entirely immune to eles? not too sure about that...
You might not be too sure about that, but I am. I've tested it for Druid pets, Spirits, Valks, Shadows, and Necro Summons. All of them become elementally immune.

If you have a Paladin with a slvl 12 Salvation and one point in Holy Bolt, you can check this for yourself. Party up with a Necro and point a holy bolt at his summons. They clearly display "Fire Immune, Lightning Immune, Cold Immune". I've tested and verified that the display is correct- they are absolutely tri-immune.

Furthermore, Druid Spirits are immune to Physical and Poison in Nightmare Difficulty. If you summon an Oak or HoW in Nightmare with a Salvation Paladin, that Oak will be immune to Fire/Lightning/Cold/Poison/Physical (vulnerable only to magic). Best tank in the game, although in Hell he loses his physical immunity and becomes remarkably mortal again.

A screenshot if you still don't believe me:

Hm...... That got me thinking. Once your skeles are immune, does attempting to break it subject to the 1/5 penalty? Say for example. You got a bunch of salvationed skeles on meph, does his conviction work 1/5 effectiveness (and presumably will never break it, making them literally immortal vs meph).
Nope, Conviction and Lower Resist both operate at full effectiveness when breaking minion immunities, rather than the 1/5th effectiveness penalty they suffer against monsters.

I haven't tested Cold Mastery (the sorc skill) vs. elementally immune minions. It's possible that will break the immunity, too, but since I do all my testing in Single Player I haven't been able to check that yet.