Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summon Resist

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by PuNKaSS4_20, Feb 3, 2004.

1. PuNKaSS4_20

PuNKaSS4_20 IncGamers Member

Summon Resist

I suck at this game. I just made a new summon necro not too long ago. I've maxed out my skelies and mages and mastery. I have a few points in CE, revive, and have a couple of item skills, of them, the most important decrep (no points ever invested in curses, my wand and amulet boost my decrep up to level 6). Well, I'm turning 77 soon and I have almost 20 skill points to blow. I'm wondering if summon resist is worth the investment. I'm just starting hell and I really don't have a problem yet. My army members rarely die, but again, I'm just starting hell. So should I invest in resist? or maybe add to a golem which I haven't yet, but they're all pullin at least six points. I also just found trang's armor and wonder if the set is worth it. I'd probalbly drop six points in mastery (I'm at about 31) and three in raise skele(28). But I'll look sexy and be able to fireball those ******s who oppose me. Any advice is good advice. Thanks for your time.

2. lemon

lemon Banned

1) summon resist is worth only few points

2) if you have skills to blow increase CE or mages

3. PuNKaSS4_20

PuNKaSS4_20 IncGamers Member

I might put some points in summon resist, if it's worth it. I'm not sure if expanding CE is worth it. If there is a sudden huddle of monsters, then my little level 6 will take care of them. The mages are already maxed. I'm thinking maybe summon resist? or Iron maiden? or a golem?

4. GIR

GIR Banned

Put at least a point into Summon Resist. With your +skills you should do ok. Doesn't hurt to wait and see what happens once you get into Act 4 and 5 when you start to see a lot of powerful magic throwers before you spend all your Skill Ponts, though. For curses, throw a point into Amplify Damage. Give it a spin with your skeletons. Amplify vs. Decrepify: Amplify Damage amps damage by 100%, while Decrepify does it by 50%. Decrepify also Weakens and slows, but try it out and see which one helps you best in killing vs. keeping minions alive. If you yourself get into a lot of melee, go for Lifetap if you've got a weapon that does a decent amount of damage. It can also help your Minions as well. Iron Maiden isn't all that worth it, as I understand it, though I haven't used it myself. I've never been impressed with the one on Iron Golem though. For Golems, a point in Clay Golem and a point in Golem Mastery is a prerequsite for Summon Resist, so stick with a point in each. Golem's aren't real big on the killing power according to some math I saw in another thread, but the Clay Golem's ability to slow creatures, with Decrepify, and some Cold Damage from your mages can make for a really slow, weak boss, which is always good.

I don't think the Attract curse will help you any with all those minions, so stay away from that. Maybe a point in Terror is worthwhile for a quick out when you need one.