Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summon resist question and dissapearin g golum question if

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Aminal, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Aminal

Aminal Diabloii.Net Member

Summon resist question and dissapearin g golum question

I have a summoner who is lev88 I've already beaten hell without a problem. My Summon resist is around lev 37 which gives me 71 in summon resist. My question is will it get higher? I've already put 3 points in it and no 72 in site. Will it pay to go higher or will I be better off putting my remaining points ( I plan on going to lev 91 or 92 ) in golum mastry to help my golums.

2nd question. My Golum dissapears for no reason. One minute he's there with no damage and the next he is GONE??? It happens quite a lot which is infurating esp when you use a good item to make him. I don't get too far ahead of Him and It happens even when there is no fighting going on. It happened one time while standing still he just dissapeared. any ideas?

2. SSoG

SSoG Diabloii.Net Member

Do you have hard-points invested in the Golem, or are you summoning from a Metalgrid? Summons will tend to poof if you don't have any points invested in the skill.

3. Jackson

Jackson Diabloii.Net Member

Summons will tend to poof if you don't have any points invested in the skill.

Right. And IIRC, they *will* poof if you leave the game too.

4. bogie

bogie Diabloii.Net Member

Summon Resist Maxes out at 78% resist all.... of course, its impossible to get it this high. With enough +skills, yes, you will be able to get to 73%, but why would you want to??? Lvl 37 Resist means at least 17+skills (more because you talk of putting more into it), and 1 hard point +20 extra skill points is more than enough resist. Is 4-5 skill points really worth 1 resist? NO, save those points for something useful, after all, you'll hardly notice the difference.

5. SSoG

SSoG Diabloii.Net Member

Not Iron Golems. If you have hard points invested in the skill, Iron Golems are supposed to persist between games.

Interesting tidbit, though... when you join a game, your Iron Golem is actually re-created based on your +skills setup *AT THE TIME YOU JOIN THE GAME*. This means if you have 1 point in Iron Golem and wear +20 skill gear to summon a slvl 21 Iron Golem, but then take all of the gear off and rejoin the game, your Iron Golem will be a slvl 1 Golem (whatever level your skill was when you joined). In other words, when you quit for the night, always put on your prebuffing gear!

6. Aminal

Aminal Diabloii.Net Member

I always enter and leave the game with the same setup. I actually don't prebuff. If I have a hard fight I use my cta and Bo but otherwise My skill points are always the same. I lose him like I said in the middle of things. I don't use metalgrid I use a maras. The Golum is around lev 21 from the 1 hardpoint and my gear that is always on. He will just dissapear I watch his line and no damage just as I watch my skellys number. If I go too fast I back up to keep all of them from dissapearing because of distance.
    Its just weird that he will dissapear even if I'm not in a fight. I will even be stationary and he will dissapear. I just can't understand why :sad: :cry:

7. Jackson

Jackson Diabloii.Net Member

Not Iron Golems. If you have hard points invested in the skill, Iron Golems are supposed to persist between games.

True. But in my post, i was refering to golems from Metalgrid, etc. =)