Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

summon necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by XSSJX, May 11, 2005.

1. XSSJX

XSSJX IncGamers Member

summon necro

i wanna make a summon necro, but i want him to be only SKELETONS. i know i should raise RAISE SKELETON, SKELETON MASTERY and RAISE SKELETON MAGE, but what else should i get up and to what level

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Curses mostly if you don't want to use anything besides Skellies. Put a point in LR and maybe up your AI curses.

If you do not mind you can also pump CE.

3. XSSJX

XSSJX IncGamers Member

so should i MAX skeleton mastery, raise, and raise mage?

like what order should i do it in? (raising the lvls)

could u give me a map out cause i dont wanna skrew up

4. Mad Mantis

Yep, max them. First put a point in Raise Skellie and then one in Mastery. Then put a point in Amp. Then raise RS until it is maxed. After that max Mastery. When that is completed start maxing Mages. Don't forget to grab curses when they become available.

5. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Just nitpicking, I'd personally put a point into mage before maxing mastery (a simple
    +2 wand will give you three mages then), more beef on the board never hurts. ;)

6. XSSJX

XSSJX IncGamers Member

should i leave ampdam at 1?

7. Remlin

Remlin IncGamers Member

If you are going to max Skeles you will be looking for gear with all of the +skills you can get. Makes them all stronger. The curses get 1 each to start. If you find that the range of effect is too small, even with your +skills, then add a point to see how it grows. Stop when you feel you have enough of an area with 1 or 2 casts. Dim vision is great to stop the ranged attackers from decimating your troops until they close and kill.

8. SharnMes

SharnMes IncGamers Member

Leave the curses on one point each. With plus skills it wont be a problem.

But I would do something different with RS and SM.

Put the first 2 point in RS. Then 2 in SM.

And then keep SM at half as many points as RS. That way your skellies will be very powerfull on normal and you really dont need curses (especially decrepify) before your reach diablo on normal.

When you have maxed RS max SM. Hold off on the mages until your warriors are complete.

Get a golem (clay) you can use him to distract the act bosses (especially diablo) by recasting him on the other side away from you and your skellies. This tactic is especially good againts the summoner in act 2. As soon as you can see the platform he stands on cast a clay golem on to it. It will keep the summoner busy and give you enough time to get over on the platform. If your golem dies recast it immediately.

9. San

San IncGamers Member

IMO it's not a easy way going for both skeletons and skelly mages.

Amplify Damage and Lower resistances can't be stacked, so the other will be somewhat weaker, and I prefer just the skeletons, since there aint' so many that stay PI after amp.. mainly the stone skin ghosts. Not that the mages aren't a way to kill them, it's just that I don't like the idea of investin 20 points in skill that's useful for
    a) being in the way of your skeletons, in doorways and such (useful?)
    b) killing 0.2 per cent of the monsters you meet
    c) ...well, I can't think of a c

The typical fishymancer build would of course look like

Max Raise Skeleton
    Max Skeleton Mastery
    10-20 Corpse explosion
    1-20 Clay golem
    + back-up skill or something.

10. Mad Mantis

Putting points in RS is more effective than putting points in SM when it comes to Skellies. Once you reach skill level 9 RS putting a point there will mean more damage, life, AR and Defense than a point in SM. Also you'll get more Skellies that way.

11. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I personally like dropping a couple points into mastery early for the +4 to damage since this will get your skeletons killing most things in early act I with 1 hit. After that I would max skellies first. The mages are more of an added bonus than your primary killer and become most useful when you start running into physical immunes in Hell that also have that champion/unique stat that adds to physical resistance. Get 1 point in revives when you can and then put the rest of your points here if you think you can manage to max them out after plus skills.

I think having both skellies and mages is totally worth it. There are occasionally enemies that can't be reached by your skellies like the tentacle beasts of Act III or those floating ghost things in Arcane Sanctuary and others like the physical immunes with either ghostly or possessed champion mods will cause trouble, making an investment in Lower Resist worthwile. IMO, even without LR or Conviction from the Infinity Polearm maxed mages add decent bang for only 20 points. Having a maxed Corse Explode is fun but far from necessary.

Curses worth putting a few more points into are Dim Vision, Attract, and lower resists. Also, a few extra in Summon resists can be handy. Both SR and LR have diminishing returns so most people don't recommend more than 5 for either since +skills from items will take you to the point where it's not worth trying to put more in but summoners have plenty of extra points to play with so don't be too shy for fear of "wasting" points if you get better +skill items down the road.

Unlike most people I like putting extra points in energy to make the early game easier and to make excessive corpse exploding and reviving without pause possible in the later game. Maxing vita is a dueller thing. It only makes life tedious in PvM and summoners can get by just fine without squeezing every last drop of blood out of the stone for additional HP.

12. Patsy

Patsy IncGamers Member

Dear XSSJX,

(What sort of name is that? Hmm... anyway :scratch: )

I understand your 'boney' desire, having it to a certain degree as myself. Only because that the skill path to Summon Resistance starts with a clay golem do I even use golems... but then, it is rather nice to have a resummonable minion that doesn't need anything for its generation, outside of sufficient mana.

So after you have your fighters and mages, I'd suggest getting a point into clay golem, golem mastery and then summon resistance. Definitely needed against Big D. If you want to only have those three types, then put more points into summon resistance if you feel like wasting them, because there is a huge drop off in return for points expended.

Another thing you can try is bonecasting, and it would be a great addition to your minion's damage output. This would still be keeping 'in theme' with 'bone'. Something to consider in any case.

-Patsy
    "Erogenous Zooooooone!"

13. bergbusen

bergbusen IncGamers Member

i maxed out
    rs 20
    sm 20
    mage 20
    1 point in clay,summon resist, golem mastery, clay
    1 point in amp, decr, weaken.

personally i hate revies thet just die and dont do damage if u dont find the right ones, ce just dont drop anything i think, (but its kills realy good i know).
    what put skills in i have 24 skills pionts over at lvl 80ish. should i beef up bone armor with marrow boots.

14. SharnMes

SharnMes IncGamers Member

Your MF are used in drops created by CE so maybe max CE?

I have a necro where for the first time I have maxed CE and now I cant fathom why I havent done that before! Amazing how fast monsters die when I begin using it.