Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summon for Fury WW

Discussion in 'Druid' started by MortisConis, May 3, 2008.

1. MortisConis

MortisConis IncGamers Member

Summon for Fury WW

Has anyone tried anything other than HoW or Oak? I was thinking about wolves. That seems pretty badass - 3 wolves and a werewolf? Their damage wouldn't be trivial, especially with a might merc, but they'd also be great little decoys and they'd help thin out big crowds that I hate dealing with.

Or what about a grizzly? A 1 pt grizzly with maxed wolves might be a good idea too.

I guess I just want to know if anyone has tried either of these, and what was it like? I'm thinking about going with wolves, but I'm not sure if it's worth parting with the +130% life or whatever max oak sage gives me.

2. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Re: Summon for Fury WW

Max both, it's one of the many hybrids out there. Max Dire and Griz, use Dire for open areas and general purposes, Griz for in tight areas and bosses.

I tried it and it IS quite fun running around with a pack :)

3. MortisConis

What about this:

20 Werewolf
    20 Lycanthropy
    20 Fury
    20 Dire Wolf
    1 Grizzly

Standard, Ribcracking fury druid, but with a pack instead of a spirit. Wolves for most places, grizzly for bosses and other tanking situations?

I think I'm going to do it. Stop me now if I'm about to ruin my wolf :p. Otherwise, I'll let you know how it goes.

4. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

With that setup, the wolves will pretty much tank wherever you summon them, and the bear will define immovable object, but the griz is what give em their bite. I'd say only one in Werewolf, as you'll still have a few +skills to cover any OIAS (if needed even), and your attack rating will still be plenty high for pvm. With both of those maxed, you'll have some hellacious wolves, or one big bad bear, depending on the situation. After that, sink the rest into the spirit of choice. If you have a lot of lifer charms, I'd go with HoW for PvM in this case, as having stronger meat shields would make more sense than everything outlasting Chronos. On the other hand, that Ribby will be more than sufficient to take out anything, so you could use Oak for maximum tankage. Depends on how you want to play, really.

5. PacoQuerak

PacoQuerak IncGamers Member

yabbut
    the question you must now ask yourself is whether yu want to be good at doing the uber tristrum. You might be i am not sure... I don't know how long the bear would last and if resummon is too offten then it would suck.

6. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

I imagine the bear would be fine after Meph is dead.

7. MortisConis

I'm not really focusing on uber tristram with this build. And if I decide to give it a shot, it'll be in a group with a few of my friends, so I don't think I need to perfect my druid for tristram-ing.

Also - it would be neat to try it out with both grizzly and wolves maxed, but prior to posting this, I had already maxed WW (AR problems in a previous build made me nervous). It isn't the damage of my summons I really care about anyway, just the bit of distraction and damage taking while I clean up.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. I've started to put points into dire wolf and I'm liking the extra company :)